Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (14 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Do you think the period he spent in prison was enough for the crimes he made?
no one claimed it was enough, and also no one said he is innocent in fact he is going to be trailed again so please lets not over react... no one cares about mubarak mind you its a chapter like morsy that is closed.

as for the muslim brotherhood had they not taken arms and violence as a way they would have been participating but they choose other wise....

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,522
    no one claimed it was enough, and also no one said he is innocent in fact he is going to be trailed again so please lets not over react... no one cares about mubarak mind you its a chapter like morsy that is closed.

as for the muslim brotherhood had they not taken arms and violence as a way they would have been participating but they choose other wise....
    The worst thing is that our memory as Arabs is so short.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    And that is how Mubarak is hero for some Egyptians again...
    For a very small group of Egyptians not the majority of people. the blame has to fall on the muslim brotherhood who lets face it are PART OF MUBARAK'S regime but we just like you said have short memories that all. i think th emuslim brotherhood are the biggest felool t date. any way i dont see how mubarak is the hero in fact i think most of the egyptains think the army and general sisi are the hero's not an 85 year old who is going to die in jail or in custody and who still has cases to worry about in court.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,526
    For a very small group of Egyptians not the majority of people. the blame has to fall on the muslim brotherhood who lets face it are PART OF MUBARAK'S regime but we just like you said have short memories that all. i think th emuslim brotherhood are the biggest felool t date. any way i dont see how mubarak is the hero in fact i think most of the egyptains think the army and general sisi are the hero's not an 85 year old who is going to die in jail or in custody and who still has cases to worry about in court.
    I think Sisi is an extension for Mubarak's regime. You can criticize me as much as you want, but that is my opinion

Jul 2, 2006
    I think Sisi is an extension for Mubarak's regime. You can criticize me as much as you want, but that is my opinion
    What else could it be? They are the members of same club.

If that's the case no wonder why they accepted military dictatorship for decades.

"Your leadership will be a reflection of you (the people)."

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    What else could it be? They are the members of same club.

If that's the case no wonder why they accepted military dictatorship for decades.

"Your leadership will be a reflection of you (the people)."
    you sit and relax now and watch what happens next and take note dear boy :) or sit and cry tears for the terrorists and make that ridiculous cheesy 4 fingers thingy. what ever it is you do, i assure you the movie you and others are dying to jump on to and its oh mubarak is back is far from reality and its only the limited who think that way.

Jul 2, 2006
    Who cares about Mubarak? He will pay in afterlife, if he doesn't pay in this life. Annoying thing is amount of the people who think something has changed in Egypt when Sisi replaced Mubarak. Both are the furnitures of same carpenter. I am sure those carpenters are laughing their arse off when they realize how easy to toy with people living there.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,530
    Who cares about Mubarak? He will pay in afterlife, if he doesn't pay in this life. Annoying thing is amount of the people who think something has changed in Egypt when Sisi replaced Mubarak. Both are the furnitures of same carpenter. I am sure those carpenters are laughing their arse off when they realize how easy to toy with people living there.
    Unfortunately, totally true

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,536
    Bisco,
    This is just to clarify my position regarding the current Egyptian situation. I did not come here to tease you and to say some illogical things that may make you angry. You know I love you as a brother since years.

Regarding my perosnal position, I was really jealous of you because your country was proceeding in a democratic path that was going well (which is not the way other countries are being taken in the Arab world), and felt this democracy was going to make prosperity for your people in the long run regardless who the ruler is.

You know that I never cheered for MBs ever. I always thought they were not suitable to rule anybody, but whether I like it or not, they were the ones who won elections. Not just presidential elections, but many different votes in Egypt regarding the constitution, etc.
    Now, whether we like them or not, they were the ones who won, and we should respect that in order to strengthen the democratic experience in our countries. If communists won elections, I would have defended their right to complete their period of 4 years in the same way I'm defending the right of MBs to implement their agenda which was the base on which they were elected.

Now, do I hate the Egyptian army? No, because simply, they are our brothers. But the leaders of this army was never willing to approve democracy to be the tool of ruling the country. Since 1952, those leaders continued using totalitarian ways to rule people and sent the whole country to the unfortunate status it was on all the period from 1952 until 2012. They never cared about anything but their own wealth. You know their farms and factories very well.

Do I hate Mubarak? Yes, because he never cared for your people. You know how many trains hit each other. the ship which drowned. Nobody was put accountable. The billions he stole from your people. Many other crises he was behind. Is it enough to jail him for less than 2 years for all those crimes? I leave the answer for you.

Do I like Mursi? I never felt he has the character to lead a country in ashes like Egypt 2012, but what can we do? The man was a poor manager, but has good deeds. He never was behind any bribes, thefts, or something like that.

You know in France, the popularity of the president is sometimes down to 25% but they never go to streets to say: "We chose the wrong person". He simply has to continue his period.

Do I want Mursi back? I don't think that will happens, but that does not mean that he should be put in jail, or any of his followers because simply they were so peaceful.

Do I care about your soldiers killed in Sinai? Of course. But I highly doubt the official media as they are trying to spread news about instability to make the country crying for their help. The names of dead soldiers are rarely known. Don't they have families to tell people about the anger they have against those who kill them on a daily basis? It just makes you think twice before believing that really there are soldiers that are being killed.

Do I want the best for Egypt and Egyptians? That is certain, but I see that I have to make sure you know that I do because Egyptian media is spreading news that the Arabs don't want to see Egypt flourishing because Arabs hate Egyptians. Do you really buy that?

Do I see Sisi as a hero? No. He is just another tool to kill democracy in Egypt at its cradle. That is why I don't like him and feel that Zionists re behind them just to destroy the small hope that was in Arab hearts that we will eventually see Egyptians ruling themselves by themselves, without any interference by Americans or Gulf countries.

Do I see hope currently? Unfortunately, when I saw the cruel treatment of peaceful protesters by the police and the army, I feel that Egyptian democracy was robbed. I'm so sorry but I think many people swallowed the bait. They will discover in the future that 2011 revolution was killed in 2013 as the same military leaders took the helm again.

Does being Palestinian affect my feelings? I think even if I'm Egyptian I would feel the same. It is not about Gaza strip. The people of Gaza were sieged since 2006. They will see hard days under siege, but I think that they are willing to tell you that if it makes Egyptians feel better, please leave us in siege until your domestic issues are resolved. The people of Gaza are hardly 1.5 million. Anybody that follows Egyptian media feels that those 1.5 million steals the food and oil of 90 million Egyptians. Well, there are good people and bad people in Gaza in the same way there are good people and bad people in Egypt. Palestinians have traitors too, but are we your enemies now?

Do I see Hamas as a party that plays inside Egypt? Hamas military men are not more than 50000 people. Most of them are on the borders of Israel. I can not deny that some of them perhaps made some wrong doings in Egypt, but does that make Hamas the Egyptian people's No1 enemy as Egyptian media wants you to feel?

Finally, again I wish all my brothers and sisters in Egypt a very nice life and a very serene way of life. You can choose the way you can achieve it, but when we comment here we merely express our humble opinion which maybe true or false. Time only will tell.

Just my best wishes to you and to your family.

Jul 10, 2006
    ßöмßäяðîëя;4281416 said:
    They need to put Ramses II back in charge.
    Back in the 80's, when i was in elementary school, we took a field trip to the convention center here in Jacksonville which had this massive Ramses II traveling exhibit. Had his mummy and everything. I'll never forget how awe inspiring it was seeing that.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Bisco,
    This is just to clarify my position regarding the current Egyptian situation. I did not come here to tease you and to say some illogical things that may make you angry. You know I love you as a brother since years.

Regarding my perosnal position, I was really jealous of you because your country was proceeding in a democratic path that was going well (which is not the way other countries are being taken in the Arab world), and felt this democracy was going to make prosperity for your people in the long run regardless who the ruler is.

You know that I never cheered for MBs ever. I always thought they were not suitable to rule anybody, but whether I like it or not, they were the ones who won elections. Not just presidential elections, but many different votes in Egypt regarding the constitution, etc.
    Now, whether we like them or not, they were the ones who won, and we should respect that in order to strengthen the democratic experience in our countries. If communists won elections, I would have defended their right to complete their period of 4 years in the same way I'm defending the right of MBs to implement their agenda which was the base on which they were elected.

Now, do I hate the Egyptian army? No, because simply, they are our brothers. But the leaders of this army was never willing to approve democracy to be the tool of ruling the country. Since 1952, those leaders continued using totalitarian ways to rule people and sent the whole country to the unfortunate status it was on all the period from 1952 until 2012. They never cared about anything but their own wealth. You know their farms and factories very well.

Do I hate Mubarak? Yes, because he never cared for your people. You know how many trains hit each other. the ship which drowned. Nobody was put accountable. The billions he stole from your people. Many other crises he was behind. Is it enough to jail him for less than 2 years for all those crimes? I leave the answer for you.

Do I like Mursi? I never felt he has the character to lead a country in ashes like Egypt 2012, but what can we do? The man was a poor manager, but has good deeds. He never was behind any bribes, thefts, or something like that.

You know in France, the popularity of the president is sometimes down to 25% but they never go to streets to say: "We chose the wrong person". He simply has to continue his period.

Do I want Mursi back? I don't think that will happens, but that does not mean that he should be put in jail, or any of his followers because simply they were so peaceful.

Do I care about your soldiers killed in Sinai? Of course. But I highly doubt the official media as they are trying to spread news about instability to make the country crying for their help. The names of dead soldiers are rarely known. Don't they have families to tell people about the anger they have against those who kill them on a daily basis? It just makes you think twice before believing that really there are soldiers that are being killed.

Do I want the best for Egypt and Egyptians? That is certain, but I see that I have to make sure you know that I do because Egyptian media is spreading news that the Arabs don't want to see Egypt flourishing because Arabs hate Egyptians. Do you really buy that?

Do I see Sisi as a hero? No. He is just another tool to kill democracy in Egypt at its cradle. That is why I don't like him and feel that Zionists re behind them just to destroy the small hope that was in Arab hearts that we will eventually see Egyptians ruling themselves by themselves, without any interference by Americans or Gulf countries.

Do I see hope currently? Unfortunately, when I saw the cruel treatment of peaceful protesters by the police and the army, I feel that Egyptian democracy was robbed. I'm so sorry but I think many people swallowed the bait. They will discover in the future that 2011 revolution was killed in 2013 as the same military leaders took the helm again.

Does being Palestinian affect my feelings? I think even if I'm Egyptian I would feel the same. It is not about Gaza strip. The people of Gaza were sieged since 2006. They will see hard days under siege, but I think that they are willing to tell you that if it makes Egyptians feel better, please leave us in siege until your domestic issues are resolved. The people of Gaza are hardly 1.5 million. Anybody that follows Egyptian media feels that those 1.5 million steals the food and oil of 90 million Egyptians. Well, there are good people and bad people in Gaza in the same way there are good people and bad people in Egypt. Palestinians have traitors too, but are we your enemies now?

Do I see Hamas as a party that plays inside Egypt? Hamas military men are not more than 50000 people. Most of them are on the borders of Israel. I can not deny that some of them perhaps made some wrong doings in Egypt, but does that make Hamas the Egyptian people's No1 enemy as Egyptian media wants you to feel?

Finally, again I wish all my brothers and sisters in Egypt a very nice life and a very serene way of life. You can choose the way you can achieve it, but when we comment here we merely express our humble opinion which maybe true or false. Time only will tell.

Just my best wishes to you and to your family.
    thank you abed for your warm feelings :tup: i understand your point of view, and i like you firmly believe we will find out the crystal truth soon actually. i hope this region really gets a break because its been three years from hell for every one in the region with no clear view of the end now that things in syria are escalating to foreign intervention. i know the egyptain media still the same crap it was before the revolution and i think they need to clean out both the media building and the interior security if they want a proper future for this country because the likes of amr adeeb and lamis have taken it way too far.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in the 80's, when i was in elementary school, we took a field trip to the convention center here in Jacksonville which had this massive Ramses II traveling exhibit. Had his mummy and everything. I'll never forget how awe inspiring it was seeing that.
    you should visit Luxor then, i think that will blow your mind away :tup: its fascinating how they lived back in the day :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)