Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (35 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Your economy is fragile enough to collapse whenever one of US/Israel or Saudis decide so. They will always manipulate the politics in your country by using this weakness. Morsi will be an example for next presidents, they will remember they will be ousted if they refuse to fall in line. Some will be ousted like Morsi some will be like JFK. Promise of fixing things in 100 days sounds like a bull$#@! yes, but politicians around the world keep failing to fullfill their promises but armies don't use this as an excuse to arrest them.

Having his own general, judges etc. This is actually how things getting fixed. You can't win a war if your subordinates are refusing to listen your commands. You will be hated by opposition but this is the risk you must take if you really want to fix it.

Most of the people who died were peaceful protestors. As for militias, they can be militias or mercenaries hired by the army to give them a cause to shoot. It is impossible to exactly know.

It is also good to know people can have a fruitful argument even when they disagree.
@clowns who keep laughing and joking on serious matters when they hear something they don't like, do you see?
Again the army didnt use it as an excuse. The public anger and disparity did that. the Army stepped in to avoid a civilian on civilian war. We had a small civil war like battle infront of the presidential palace. People were profiled based on your looks.. if you had big ass beard you are screwed if you have a tattoo of a cross or you look coptic you are screwed.. if you look like a hippie or wear preppy clothes you are screwed. I walked into the wrong side to watch and I had to sneak back out to join the non-Islamists all while the military and police (under Morsy's command back then) watched. 12 people died in a few hours.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
violence starting to get out of hand and extremely dangerous, hardly matters who is in the wrong or right anymore.

hoping for our Egyptian brethren's sake that the situation can de-escalate somehow.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Your economy is fragile enough to collapse whenever one of US/Israel or Saudis decide so. They will always manipulate the politics in your country by using this weakness. Morsi will be an example for next presidents, they will remember they will be ousted if they refuse to fall in line. Some will be ousted like Morsi some will be like JFK. Promise of fixing things in 100 days sounds like a bullshit yes, but politicians around the world keep failing to fullfill their promises but armies don't use this as an excuse to arrest them.

Having his own general, judges etc. This is actually how things getting fixed. You can't win a war if your subordinates are refusing to listen your commands. You will be hated by opposition but this is the risk you must take if you really want to fix it.

Most of the people who died were peaceful protestors. As for militias, they can be militias or mercenaries hired by the army to give them a cause to shoot. It is impossible to exactly know.

It is also good to know people can have a fruitful argument even when they disagree.
@clowns who keep laughing and joking on serious matters when they hear something they don't like, do you see?
Piss off turk I've been trying to explain to you what hist just explained but you are thick!!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
What about the guys burned alive, snipers on rooftops? Good riddance?
What would you say if you found out the snipers are mb???? And as for second question I won't dignify it with an answer how ever I hope all terrorists are wiped out, any bastard holding arms or terrorizing people regardless of age, gender, or faith so you think what you want regarding your second question. You fail to realize the mb are not peaceful and the simple fact people who choose to stay did so knowing they are risking there
Lives so when they get killed it wasn't unexpected.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
So if you threaten someone to kill him if doesn't move away and kill him when he refused to do so, are you not guilty of murder? Because you warned him and it was expected.
No, you have a spot that has weapons and protestors who are causing violence, you also have other protestors who are not violent. You asked people to leave, you warned them over and over, gave them a way out then police and army have a right to move in. If they are met with fire they will return fire. Now if your and me where facing off then it's murder but this is the police and army restoring order to a neighborhood that has been occupied with no regard to residents of that place.

Jul 2, 2006
No, you have a spot that has weapons and protestors who are causing violence, you also have other protestors who are not violent. You asked people to leave, you warned them over and over, gave them a way out then police and army have a right to move in. If they are met with fire they will return fire. Now if your and me where facing off then it's murder but this is the police and army restoring order to a neighborhood that has been occupied with no regard to residents of that place.
How many people got hurt when they were protesting? How many people died after your army decided to act? Defending this massacre is no different than an Israeli defending himself after massacring a thousand by moaning about the stove pipes Hamas were throwing at them.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
How many people got hurt when they were protesting? How many people died after your army decided to act? Defending this massacre is no different than an Israeli defending himself after massacring a thousand by moaning about the stove pipes Hamas were throwing at them.
aha you see the residents of nasr city where threatened and that in any law book has one name and its called terrorism! second of all there are eye witness accounts of murders taking place with in the sit in it self as apparent by the bodies being under covered there.

i am in no way happy or jubilant about the death of people like you think, the loss of life is a loss of life but when you have people whose main aim is to trade with this for there filthy agenda you cant accept me to feel sorry for people who r brain washed and believe this propaganda. this is exactly like a person waiting in front of a train and expecting to be a martyr if he gets killed.

the amounts of weaponry re insane so please dont tell me they need to be treated like humans!! they deserve more for the terror they r causing and the burning of churches is also a crime/ hence the good riddance comment.

so i am happy the country is being cleaned out of these pests and i feel no sympathy. call me what you want compare me to isreal all day it doesn't touch me at all. i am happy the army and police are cracking down on this gang of terrorists. also any armed groups from other countries will meet the same fate.

p.s seems like hamas throws pipes at isreal but with us the good things come out huh? i hope the same fate catches up with those other freaks.

any you want me to be upset they r getting killed?? video might be unsuitable

- - - Updated - - -

I am stuck at home starting 7pm everyday. You lot ought to entertain me somehow
you are at the right place for entertainment, turk will give you a good run for your money. @<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=11219" target="_blank">Hist</a> great posts :tup: however i didn't get what you meant by the army being a horrible place when you served? do you mean the fact you eat crap there, and the rough life being in service or you r referring to sth else?

- - - Updated - - -

despite it being fox however this is a reasonable point of view.

Jul 2, 2006
Turkish PM calls for UNSC to convene on Egypt, accuses West of hypocrisy

15 August 2013 / TODAYSZAMAN.COM, &#304;STANBUL

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdo&#287;an on Thursday called for the UN Security Council to convene quickly and take action after what he described as a “massacre” in Egypt.

"Those who remain silent in the face of this massacre are as guilty as those who carried it out. The UN Security Council must convene quickly," Erdo&#287;an told a news conference before his departure from Ankara Esenbo&#287;a Airport for Turkmenistan on Thursday morning.

Erdo&#287;an criticized the stance of the West on Egypt, noting that Western powers have avoided calling the military intervention in Egypt a coup. “During our telephone conversations, they don't deny that a coup has been staged in Egypt but when talking to the public they speak differently,” he said.

Continuing his strong rhetoric against the West's stance on Egypt, Erdo&#287;an stated that in order to pass what he called the “democracy test,” the West should understand that Egyptians are asking for their democratic rights.

“If Western countries fail in taking sincere steps, the world will start to question democracy. Staging a coup to save democracy is nothing but [using democracy as] an excuse. [According to the West] the army staged a coup to save democracy in Egypt. This shows the hypocrisy of the West,” the prime minister said.

Erdo&#287;an claimed that there was an embargo against Egypt during Mohammed Morsi's one-year presidential period by the Western countries and also by the International Monetary Fund (IMF). “They have done the same in Palestine too. We do not forget what has happened in Palestine. There are traps staged in the Muslim world and they're a threat to Turkey too. A strong Turkey is not wanted,” he added.

After calling on the UN Security Council to convene on Egypt, the Turkish prime minister said: “I am telling the Western countries: You've kept quiet on Palestine, on Gaza, and are keeping quiet on Egypt. After this moment, how are you going to be able to talk about democracy or human rights? How are you going to talk about humanistic values while people are killed in front of your eyes?”

Erdo&#287;an later slammed the Western media for calling Wednesday's massacre, “an operation” by the interim government of Egypt. “Considering their live coverage of the [Gezi Park] incidents in Turkey, how many more people have to get killed [in Egypt] for international media to see the truth?” he asked.

Speaking on the day of Wednesday's massacre, Erdo&#287;an stated that the international community's failure to criticize the coup encouraged the Egyptian authorities to carry out Wednesday's violent crackdown, adding that Egypt's administration is responsible for the violent deaths that have occurred in the country since June 30.

“We harshly condemn the Egyptian government for using violence against peaceful demonstrations. Opening fire on civilians who are not engaged in any violent action and targeting them with snipers constitute serious crimes,” said Erdo&#287;an.

Turkish President Abdullah Gül also called the armed intervention "completely unacceptable," warning that the crisis in Egypt would have an impact on the entire Muslim world.

"Armed intervention against civilians, against people demonstrating, is completely unacceptable. I fear Egypt will be dragged into chaos. This is a dead end," Gül told reporters in the Turkish capital, Ankara.

Gül warned that Egypt's fate could be the same as Syria's, recalling that the Syrian crisis also began when security forces fired on peaceful civilian protesters. “Army intervention against civilians brings events to this point,” he said.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Turkish PM calls for UNSC to convene on Egypt, accuses West of hypocrisy

15 August 2013 / TODAYSZAMAN.COM, &#304;STANBUL

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdo&#287;an on Thursday called for the UN Security Council to convene quickly and take action after what he described as a “massacre” in Egypt.

"Those who remain silent in the face of this massacre are as guilty as those who carried it out. The UN Security Council must convene quickly," Erdo&#287;an told a news conference before his departure from Ankara Esenbo&#287;a Airport for Turkmenistan on Thursday morning.

Erdo&#287;an criticized the stance of the West on Egypt, noting that Western powers have avoided calling the military intervention in Egypt a coup. “During our telephone conversations, they don't deny that a coup has been staged in Egypt but when talking to the public they speak differently,” he said.

Continuing his strong rhetoric against the West's stance on Egypt, Erdo&#287;an stated that in order to pass what he called the “democracy test,” the West should understand that Egyptians are asking for their democratic rights.

“If Western countries fail in taking sincere steps, the world will start to question democracy. Staging a coup to save democracy is nothing but [using democracy as] an excuse. [According to the West] the army staged a coup to save democracy in Egypt. This shows the hypocrisy of the West,” the prime minister said.

Erdo&#287;an claimed that there was an embargo against Egypt during Mohammed Morsi's one-year presidential period by the Western countries and also by the International Monetary Fund (IMF). “They have done the same in Palestine too. We do not forget what has happened in Palestine. There are traps staged in the Muslim world and they're a threat to Turkey too. A strong Turkey is not wanted,” he added.

After calling on the UN Security Council to convene on Egypt, the Turkish prime minister said: “I am telling the Western countries: You've kept quiet on Palestine, on Gaza, and are keeping quiet on Egypt. After this moment, how are you going to be able to talk about democracy or human rights? How are you going to talk about humanistic values while people are killed in front of your eyes?”

Erdo&#287;an later slammed the Western media for calling Wednesday's massacre, “an operation” by the interim government of Egypt. “Considering their live coverage of the [Gezi Park] incidents in Turkey, how many more people have to get killed [in Egypt] for international media to see the truth?” he asked.

Speaking on the day of Wednesday's massacre, Erdo&#287;an stated that the international community's failure to criticize the coup encouraged the Egyptian authorities to carry out Wednesday's violent crackdown, adding that Egypt's administration is responsible for the violent deaths that have occurred in the country since June 30.

“We harshly condemn the Egyptian government for using violence against peaceful demonstrations. Opening fire on civilians who are not engaged in any violent action and targeting them with snipers constitute serious crimes,” said Erdo&#287;an.

Turkish President Abdullah Gül also called the armed intervention "completely unacceptable," warning that the crisis in Egypt would have an impact on the entire Muslim world.

"Armed intervention against civilians, against people demonstrating, is completely unacceptable. I fear Egypt will be dragged into chaos. This is a dead end," Gül told reporters in the Turkish capital, Ankara.

Gül warned that Egypt's fate could be the same as Syria's, recalling that the Syrian crisis also began when security forces fired on peaceful civilian protesters. “Army intervention against civilians brings events to this point,” he said.

turkey are ones to speak :D they owe to mind there own business this is an internal affair that has to do with a sovereign nation. we don't need turkey's insight or aid they can take it and shove it where it belongs and just mind its own affairs thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)