Edinson Cavani - ST- PSG (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Absolutely not.Exchanging the best youth prospect in football for a misfiring striker with a diminishing market value would be a horrible deal no matter which way you look at it.
Verratti + cash on the other hand would represent a more reasonable deal.

But i agree with the rest of your post.Holding on to Pogba would be the best 'deal' for us at this point.
Only if we know how to market him. If we can't turn him into a world star that people purchase his merchandise and tune in to watch our match just to see him then we might as well sell him already and get more effective players with the money. He has Raiola as his agent though and I am sure he can talk Juve into giving Pogba a central role in the team.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Edinson Cavani has reportedly asked PSG to prioritise Juventus ahead of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid.

The striker hinted he was likely to leave Paris Saint-Germain, as “everyone knows my situation.”

His price-tag is believed to be in the region of €48m and he’d become affordable for Juve if they reach the Champions League semi-finals.

Above all, La Stampa newspaper claims Cavani told his agent and PSG to give Juve the priority in any summer transfer negotiations.

He believes that he can become a 'star’ again in Turin, having already impressed in Serie A for Palermo and Napoli.

The Uruguayan would also prefer life in Italy to Manchester United or Atletico Madrid.

While obviously PSG want to include Paul Pogba in any potential exchange deal with Cavani, Juve are eager to keep the two issues separate.

La Gazzetta dello Sport even suggests Juventus could try to bag both Cavani and Palermo’s Paulo Dybala next season, but only if Carlos Tevez terminates his contract early to join Boca Juniors.
FI

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Cavani would be my on of my dream signings, only behind Lacazette and Veratti.

But it ain't happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying I believe the article, but reading that players prefer us to MU feels great.
That's how they work. Fans of the club like to read them -> fans read the article -> news outlet gains viewership & money.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Edinson Cavani has reportedly asked PSG to prioritise Juventus ahead of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid.

The striker hinted he was likely to leave Paris Saint-Germain, as “everyone knows my situation.”

His price-tag is believed to be in the region of €48m and he’d become affordable for Juve if they reach the Champions League semi-finals.

Above all, La Stampa newspaper claims Cavani told his agent and PSG to give Juve the priority in any summer transfer negotiations.

He believes that he can become a 'star’ again in Turin, having already impressed in Serie A for Palermo and Napoli.

The Uruguayan would also prefer life in Italy to Manchester United or Atletico Madrid.

While obviously PSG want to include Paul Pogba in any potential exchange deal with Cavani, Juve are eager to keep the two issues separate.

La Gazzetta dello Sport even suggests Juventus could try to bag both Cavani and Palermo’s Paulo Dybala next season, but only if Carlos Tevez terminates his contract early to join Boca Juniors.
FI
This is where you know its pure bullshit

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Seriously why people are so obsessed with Cavani I can never understand !

Other than his days with Napoli did people really watched him with PSG ? The guy sucks.

The number of easy chances that he misses every game are ridiculous. PSG are so pissed of him that they just want to ship his ass to any stupid club that buys the hype around him.

I just hope we don't end up signing this guy as part of an exchange deal for Pogba, that would be the worst possible deal for us hands down.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
"Edinson Cavani has reportedly asked PSG to prioritise Juventus ahead of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid."

Oh :tuttosport:
My :tuttosport:
GOOOOOOD :tuttosport:

I know there are no quotes but fuck it, I fancy getting really worked up about the mercato.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I agree. Post tevez not sure how a morata cavani partnership will work.

That said though what if morata is taken by Madrid come summer 2016

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't think he's worth the price. And I would have thought this board would have already started talking about how we're about to give Morata back to Madrid and use the money on Cavani.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Cavani? 45m? we Should not go there. Not as the club nor as the fans. He's good or even very good but too similar to Morata to replace Tevez. We should focus on Dybala and keeping our best players here. It'll be a tough task.

Cavani is not realistic nor worth the 7.5m + bonuses IMO. He'd fantastic but also too expensive.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Cavani? 45m? we Should not go there. Not as the club nor as the fans. He's good or even very good but too similar to Morata to replace Tevez. We should focus on Dybala and keeping our best players here. It'll be a tough task.

Cavani is not realistic nor worth the 7.5m + bonuses IMO. He'd fantastic but also too expensive.
If only to piss off napoli though :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree. Post tevez not sure how a morata cavani partnership will work.

That said though what if morata is taken by Madrid come summer 2016
It would work very well with the right Treq behind them. A very creative, pass-first CAM, behind Morata-Cavani would be amazing. And both Morata and Cavani have decent passing.

With Pereyra as the CAM, I think it would be poor. With Kevin De Bruyne. :tuttosport:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)