Edinson Cavani - ST- PSG (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
I have probably watched him 10-15 times since he moved to PSG and just never been impressed.
So while watching him 10-15 times, it never occurred to you that he played out of position?

His crazy scoring of late also just occurred to happen while Zlatan was injured, which meant Cavani played as a CF. He is absolutely top class when played in his natural position. He would kill it here, no doubt.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Ok. So let me see if I got this all straightened out. So we're selling Pogba, and then we're refusing Cavani because he's "past his prime?" Is that right? Sounds good to me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So while watching him 10-15 times, it never occurred to you that he played out of position?

His crazy scoring of late also just occurred to happen while Zlatan was injured, which meant Cavani played as a CF. He is absolutely top class when played in his natural position. He would kill it here, no doubt.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

He's played half of his games upfront because Ibra has been injured. According to whoscored, his scoring stats are the same in the wing and upfront.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/24328/
Yeah, it's called "lack of continuity"... When you're constantly flipped from one position to another, it's hard to get any continuity going, thus you have a major reason he goes through stretches where he struggles and those have largely coincided with the first few matches after he's forced to switch positions.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:tup: As much as I want Cavani here, I am afraid we're not going to spend big without selling. Dybala already cost a fortune. If Dybala is 40m, how much would Cavani cost?
Here's the thing, though.

We have no idea how much they have to spend this year. They never declare how much they have in their transfer budget. Yet another advantage of not having a blowhard for a president who also happens to control the purse strings

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
Here's the thing, though.

We have no idea how much they have to spend this year. They never declare how much they have in their transfer budget. Yet another advantage of not having a blowhard for a president who also happens to control the purse strings
Well, I'd love a surprise with Beppe buying quality players and spends 100m, while keeping the core players. But the thing is, I just can't see that happening. It's just not :beppe: 's way.

Anyway, just my opinion, but whatever happens next, I'm already content that Dybala is ours. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, I'd love a surprise with Beppe buying quality players and spends 100, while keeping the core players. But the thing is, I just can't see that happening. It's just not :beppe: 's way.

Anyway, just my opinion, but whatever happens next, I'm already content that Dybala is ours. :D

Funny you should say that, I just posted something in the Mercato thread

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
What kind of idiot would sell pogba so he can finance cavani? The two are not intertwined IMO. Pogba isn't for sale unless he asks for it. Marotta has said this multiple times.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
enough forwards, unless they are certain to lose one out of Tevez or Morata. I'm loving the way Morata is developing.

get somebody to play behind our strikers.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Pogba shouldn't be sold to finance any other transfers, I don't care how many. Quality>Quantity. This isn't a zidane situation. Zidane was approaching his 30s. Pogba is on the brink of superstardom. There is ZERO reason to sell him unless he asks for it, and even then I'd pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)