Edinson Cavani - ST- PSG (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yet nobody here can refute what I said, we would've been in much worse position if it was tevez who was injured instead of pogba; we were fine without pogba for a while and footballing wise I have no doubt that we will be just fine if we sell pogba

Now tell me is it such a thing that warrant 100m pricetag in pure footballing sense (no marketting / hype factor whatsoever)???

If this was platini type of player, we should slap 1 billion pricetag on him lol, just reinforce how the whole pogba thing is like 60% hype and 40% pire game decider quality
do u remember barca in 2005-2007? all hype was around these players called eto'o and ronaldinho. but they had this kid that seemed special of a little raw at the time. his name was something like messi or messo. they sold him for same crazy money that they didnt need and he ended up being a legend for man utd. if they kept him they would have had best player in world

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I still think pogba is over rated, he cannot be the consistent match decider like those in more advanced position to warrant the pricetag and hype given to him

If pogba is like platini (best goalscoring am ever?) or even 'just like' zidane were then I could agree that we must try as hard as we could to keep him

But as it is in reality? I'm not convinced with the hype; the fact is we are where we are now more because of tevez and morata far more than pogba and we got both only for 32m

Big money + world class advanced position players swap for pogba? We shoild take it as long as the players involved is not over 30 years old
:rofl:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pogba was best young player of World Cup bro. Pogba won Golden Ball at U20 World Cup in 2013. Pogba was Golden Boy in 2013.

Pogba, as a Central Mid, and with missing 2 months of action, has 10 goals and 5 assists this year. Pogba played an integral part in getting us out of group stage in CL, in winning us many games in Serie A, in first leg win against Dortmund.

Pogba is hyped, but for very good reason.
Problem with Pogba, like all pure CM's, is its not nearly as glorious as those who score/create goals. CM's do so many "little" things on the pitch that go unrecognized by most people watching. So without the "goals people seem to think the hype isn't warranted. We live in an era of more intelligent and much more physically capable players where the little things can literally make a game.

Pogs is the most well-rounded player out there. When fit he will hunt you own and get his long legs tangled instantly to get the ball back and find way to get his big frame moving in the other direction almost as instantaneously. He was unfit and exhausted against Real but he handed Morata that header on a silver platter to bury it away. A header? That wasn't a goal? That's the point...great players manage to change a game with the most little things.

I'd rather have Pogba making "the difference" in games like that against Real in a CL Semifinal than a Gerrard scoring screamers for a shitty club in EPL.

Oh, whats that you say? Pogba also scores screamers? Oh. Yeah.

He's overrated. :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
enough of this selling Pogba bullshit. ban napoleonic so we can get back on topic - how is the great man gonna screw over PSG and get us Cavani for under 30M?

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
:disagree:

Seriously, there's a reason no real top club sells their top assets unless they want to leave (as with Zidane or CRonaldo to Real).

I just feel he is replaceable in this tactics and this Juve. He is one in a generation time player I get that, but we are not dependent on him. I agree that he is a top asset but sometimes its needed the top asset to be sold, like we did with Zidane it would boost our economy so much and we would be able to reinvest them in world class player( 80-100m) are money that can buy you Di Maria + Cavani for example that is something really worth thinking about. Top teams tend to sell their best player (Barca, RM, BM) ofc not Ronaldo or Messi but still.

I am not against Pogba I hope we keep him, but I wouldn't go in panic mode if we sell him.

Just think more long term. Imagine if he score something like this
in final. The hype over him and Juve will soooo grow. And those tousands of new Juve/Pogba supporters all over the word. He cen make more than those 80mln for us in couple years.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Pogba gets sold only if he wants to leave or has a dispute with management

That's how it works with these once in a generation players

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I just feel he is replaceable in this tactics and this Juve. He is one in a generation time player I get that, but we are not dependent on him. I agree that he is a top asset but sometimes its needed the top asset to be sold, like we did with Zidane it would boost our economy so much and we would be able to reinvest them in world class player( 80-100m) are money that can buy you Di Maria + Cavani for example that is something really worth thinking about. Top teams tend to sell their best player (Barca, RM, BM) ofc not Ronaldo or Messi but still.

I am not against Pogba I hope we keep him, but I wouldn't go in panic mode if we sell him.
We sold Zidane because he wanted to leave and not because we wanted to coup a large transfer sum.We dint sell him against his wishes.
We wont sell Pogba unless he wants to leave.
And no,you cant buy Di Maria and Cavani with that money.Thats beyond unrealistic.Their wages alone would make for more than half of what we sell Pogba for hypothetically.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
We sold Zidane because he wanted to leave and not because we wanted to coup a large transfer sum.We dint sell him against his wishes.
We wont sell Pogba unless he wants to leave.
And no,you cant buy Di Maria and Cavani with that money.Thats beyond unrealistic.Their wages alone would make for more than half of what we sell Pogba for hypothetically.
I never said we sold because of the coup, what I said was that move boosted our economy. And I now you can't buy both of them but i was as I said example ( I know stupid example right? :D )

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I never said we sold because of the coup, what I said was that move boosted our economy. And I now you can't buy both of them but i was as I said example ( I know stupid example right? :D )
I get what you're saying but having reached a CL final and the marketability of Pogba going over the roof these days,i'd say it will be rather beneficial(even financially speaking) to keep a star like him.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
I get what you're saying but having reached a CL final and the marketability of Pogba going over the roof these days,i'd say it will be rather beneficial(even financially speaking) to keep a star like him.
Yeah I agree, my point was like I said in the second post. I want us to keep him but if we actually sell him for like 80m+ I won't go panic mode.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
do u remember barca in 2005-2007? all hype was around these players called eto'o and ronaldinho. but they had this kid that seemed special of a little raw at the time. his name was something like messi or messo. they sold him for same crazy money that they didnt need and he ended up being a legend for man utd. if they kept him they would have had best player in world
Do you remember ManUnited around 2006-2009. Winning titles left, right, and centre. Champion's League even. Their star player, a guy named Cronaldo or something, kind of a modest, unassuming young player, very unselfish, team first attitude... They kept him and they have won two more CL titles since, never finished out of the European places, the best team of the last 10 years in Europe.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Do you remember ManUnited around 2006-2009. Winning titles left, right, and centre. Champion's League even. Their star player, a guy named Cronaldo or something, kind of a modest, unassuming young player, very unselfish, team first attitude... They kept him and they have won two more CL titles since, never finished out of the European places, the best team of the last 10 years in Europe.
Hahaha loved that bit so much. CR7 is such a little girl lol..

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
:lol: :heart:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Problem with Pogba, like all pure CM's, is its not nearly as glorious as those who score/create goals. CM's do so many "little" things on the pitch that go unrecognized by most people watching. So without the "goals people seem to think the hype isn't warranted. We live in an era of more intelligent and much more physically capable players where the little things can literally make a game.

Pogs is the most well-rounded player out there. When fit he will hunt you own and get his long legs tangled instantly to get the ball back and find way to get his big frame moving in the other direction almost as instantaneously. He was unfit and exhausted against Real but he handed Morata that header on a silver platter to bury it away. A header? That wasn't a goal? That's the point...great players manage to change a game with the most little things.

I'd rather have Pogba making "the difference" in games like that against Real in a CL Semifinal than a Gerrard scoring screamers for a $#@!ty club in EPL.

Oh, whats that you say? Pogba also scores screamers? Oh. Yeah.

He's overrated. :lol:
There are a select number of players in Europe who even when having a stinker of a match can find that moment of genius and win the game for you. Even fewer that can do it from a Central Mid position. Pogba, even if he lacks the consistency of a more mature World Class, is very clearly one of these players. Even that header, it was a perfectly placed pass. The guy was deep into his second match back after a 2 month injury layoff, playing against a 500+ million dollar team, the defending champions, of course he was going to struggle. But he provided an invaluable contribution to Juve winning that match.

He was lambasted as overrated all over English speaking twitter, etc. Some were saying that Tom Cleverly was better because he has been scoring for Aston Villa. :lol:

It seems Premier League retard fans think Pogba is an attacking mid, so they were going on about how he has only scored 10 goals this season which is not very good for an attacking mid. The average Premier League ignoramus is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to football culture.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The difference between a good team and a great team is that the latter has at least 1 or 2 players who can provide a moment of magic out of nowhere, when either he or the club aren't playing well.

Pogba is one of those players. You don't give those types of players up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)