Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (22 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Thats unrealistic atm. Napoli would accept a 35mil bid, Cavani would be more than pleased with a 4-5mil salary, before taxes, thats what he asked from Napoli. (and unlike RVP who wants more from Arsenal and thats why he is leaving)

We usually spend at max 25mil for our star signing(Amauri, Diego, Melo) and we have a budget of at least 50mil without considering the income from sales.
30mil spent on the 2 CMs, means that we at least have 20mil more, Krasic and Elia sales will fund the Giovinco return, even if we overpay, to get him back and sell off the other two, as we usually do because of Marottas poor negotiating skills.
If the Turks wont give us, not even half of the invested money on Melo (12mil) we should get him back, sell him to the EPL, or use him to this deal as a 10mil bargain chip.

Both players cost more than 15mil, but due to Marottas poor negotiating skills lets say that he will use one of them to the Cavani deal, as a 10mil bargain chip only, so we would only need to add the usual 25mil, on three year installments...
easily do-able! The most reallistic chance we have.
Not convinced money is Van Persie's primary motivation for leaving Arsenal.

Think he's fed up of playing for a team who won't win anything because they sell their best players every year.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
Come on stop joking around people. Cavani is no doubt a great player, but him and Torres are incomparable. No matter if Torres was Benitez's one and only weapon you have guys like Kuyt and Steve G who can and do score goals galore. Hamsik is far from Stevie and Lavezzi is even further from Kuyt (as a scorer, not provider!!!), but I would consider them equal (and Lavezzi better than Kuyt) in creating chances for their forwards. So its easy to see why stats lie.
Not to mention Torres was playing under Rafael '1:0' Benitez and Cavani is playing in a team that plays attacking football. I wouldn't even talk about the difference in the levels of opposition they faced...
imho Torres is so much better than Cavani its untrue.
But we play in serie A not EPL, and Cavani proved himself as one of the best in serie A, no need to adapt for the way teams play, climeate, culture, etc, etc.
I like Torres, but he's form is up and down lately, choose Cavani over him for his consistency too.

We arent after him are we? He would be perfect no.10 for us :(

Apr 29, 2006
But we play in serie A not EPL, and Cavani proved himself as one of the best in serie A, no need to adapt for the way teams play, climeate, culture, etc, etc.
I like Torres, but he's form is up and down lately, choose Cavani over him for his consistency too.
Let's hope you are right. It would seem certain... if Cavani goes to Chelsea for 50m pounds, starts working for a man known for his impatience in a team that is simply underachieving, has a new coach on 6 months average and delivers. ;)
So far the best team he has played for is Napoli and while I do like them they aren't carrying anything close to the burden of expectations in Chelsea. And given transfer fees and all its logical.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,311
    Marotta: no meeting scheduled with Napoli. They're doing well trying to hang on to him. - SKY

I am John

The Anallist
    May 1, 2012
    Matri
    Marchisio
    Buffon
    Pirlo
    Higuain

most handsome.

Capitano included wins by default of course.
    Thats what Im saying, we need a new handsome guy like Alex after he left.
    And I agree that Pirlo is not handsome, he looks weird, especially with short hair :lol:

I wonder if Asamoah is handsome for a black guy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)