Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (22 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
cavani suddenly turning good in napoli really concerns me as before that he wasn't a player that was note worthy
Wait a minute... before Napoli he was 21 - 23, and he had to adjust to a new country, a new league, etc. Naturally, I'm not going to sit here and say that I watched a lot of Palermo matches back then (although I watched a few, when we were linked with Amauri; Cavani didn't really feature much in those)... and sure, he's likely not worth 40M to us, but c'mon now. You shouldn't be surprised that he wasn't scoring 20+ right out of the gate.

Let's put it this way: in his last two seasons at Palermo, the seasons where he was actually a focal point of the attack, he scored 13 and 14 league goals - at age 22-23 - which is more than our top scorer managed this past year - and then he was sold for 17M. So some people thought he was noteworthy.

It's very hard to argue against his production in both Italy and Europe over the past couple of seasons - it's outstanding. 49 goals in 68 league matches (.72 GPG). 66 in 94, including Coppa and Europe (.70GPG). Just for comparison sake, and not including assists - as we all know RvP has better technique and can create much more - RvP was 48 in 63 league matches (.76 GPG) and 59 in 80 overall (.74GPG). Robin is in the form of his career, Cavani is 3.5 years younger.

Sure, Cavani's played in a favorable system, no doubt about it, but there should be plenty of service for him at Juventus next year, were he to arrive. We also play an uptempo game that creates quite a few turnovers, he's very mobile, and he'll have quite a few chances - as we all know, based upon all our shots at goal, etc. Guy moves very well, has got great physicality, rarely misses action, and he does a ton of work for the team.

Cavani seems exactly like the type of player that Conte would be targeting. Of course, we won't get him, because Napoli can't afford to unload their 2 best players unless someone pays them an extortionate amount of money.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Wait a minute... before Napoli he was 21 - 23, and he had to adjust to a new country, a new league, etc. Naturally, I'm not going to sit here and say that I watched a lot of Palermo matches back then (although I watched a few, when we were linked with Amauri; Cavani didn't really feature much in those)... and sure, he's likely not worth 40M to us, but c'mon now. You shouldn't be surprised that he wasn't scoring 20+ right out of the gate.

Let's put it this way: in his last two seasons at Palermo, the seasons where he was actually a focal point of the attack, he scored 13 and 14 league goals - at age 22-23 - which is more than our top scorer managed this past year - and then he was sold for 17M. So some people thought he was noteworthy.

It's very hard to argue against his production in both Italy and Europe over the past couple of seasons - it's outstanding. 49 goals in 68 league matches (.72 GPG). 66 in 94, including Coppa and Europe (.70GPG). Just for comparison sake, and not including assists - as we all know RvP has better technique and can create much more - RvP was 48 in 63 league matches (.76 GPG) and 59 in 80 overall (.74GPG). Robin is in the form of his career, Cavani is 3.5 years younger.

Sure, Cavani's played in a favorable system, no doubt about it, but there should be plenty of service for him at Juventus next year, were he to arrive. We also play an uptempo game that creates quite a few turnovers, he's very mobile, and he'll have quite a few chances - as we all know, based upon all our shots at goal, etc. Guy moves very well, has got great physicality, rarely misses action, and he does a ton of work for the team.

Cavani seems exactly like the type of player that Conte would be targeting. Of course, we won't get him, because Napoli can't afford to unload their 2 best players unless someone pays them an extortionate amount of money.
:tup:

Fucking nailed it. He is still my number one choice for the CF role. He seems to be quite underrated on these forums as well, odd.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
I've heard that this Messi kid is also a great player scoring trillions of goals in 2 league matches and he's friggin awesome in turnovers, very mobile and has a cute face.

Also, the club's president is a prick and he wants 200mil for him. We won't get him.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I've heard that this Messi kid is also a great player scoring trillions of goals in 2 league matches and he's friggin awesome in turnovers, very mobile and has a cute face.

Also, the club's president is a prick and he wants 200mil for him. We won't get him.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
The postponement of the meeting between the agents of Cavani and De Laurentis is a result of Juventus strong pressing for the player. Juventus & Conte want him.

Romeo

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,034
    DE LAMENTIIS!!!

This is the person who should cave in. We got the player's ok but the problem is DE LAMENTIS!!!!

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
    Out of all the CF we are linked with, I want Cavani the most. RVP is next followed by Higuain and Dzeko. I would not mind Dzeko at all if we buy a quality SS like Suarez or Jovetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)