Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (43 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He had a few bad first touches. He ran offside and did not look sharp really. Hulk on the other hand looked absolutely world class, not only did he score he created his own goals and made himself look like a superstar - he made Damaio look useless.
If he had a bad game, fair enough. I'm wondering though if you are not confusing what kind of a striker Damiao is. He's different to Hulk, Hulk can create and score, play up front and wide attack. That's why he is so expensive. Damiao is a proper centre forward, who just needs the ball in the right area.

It's like when people criticise Matri for lacking finesse, skill, dribbling etc, they are expecting something that the player can't do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You think Dzeko is realistic?
If we really wanted him, we could get him. Damiao, I would like to think is not realistic because his apparent value is way too high, and I would hope Marotta and co. think the same.

But I wasn't talking about what was realistic. I was talking about who we would like. Caracciolo is realistic, but we don't want him, right?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Damiao would only cost about €20m imo. People have to remember Man City paid €37m for Dzeko (not to mention his wages) and they're not going to lose €10m on him in 1 and a half years because 1. why would they? and 2. FFP

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I've seen Damiao play for Brazil twice, once against Denmark and the other against Scotland and he was very bad in both those games.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Damiao would only cost about €20m imo. People have to remember Man City paid €37m for Dzeko (not to mention his wages) and they're not going to lose €10m on him in 1 and a half years because 1. why would they? and 2. FFP
Rumor was that he could be going to Bayern for 20. Sounds unbelievable if you ask me, but I would accept him for as much as 25m.

20m is too much for Damiao. He really only has one good season of scoring (and goals are pretty much the only thing he does, no? Sounds very risky.). And for a Brazilian playing at one of their top clubs, he doesn't seem to get much attention and I've never really heard about him outside of here. You've got to wonder why.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Dude, I'm 29. Spare me.

As for Damnyo, his scoring record in the Brazilian Serie A is about 1 in 2, it's in the regional championship where he scored like 1 in 1. I'd be suspicious. He's a scorer, but still a risk.

I heard Internacional want US$25m for him as well, so forget that.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You're all old as fuck :D

But seriously he's what we need, a goal scorer. If we sign a good RW like Ramirez, Jojo etc we won't need that other stuff from him. Trezeguet certainly didn't have much else.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Edinson Cavani’s agent has warned there will be a meeting with Napoli next week, after which he can “be more precise on the future.”

The striker has reiterated he intends to stay at the San Paolo next season after winning the Coppa Italia.

However, there is interest from the likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid.

“Next week we can certainly be more precise on the future of the lad,” agent Claudio Anellucci told Ilsussidiario.net.

“First of all we have to meet and talk things over. Until I receive new orders, I cannot say absolutely anything.”

Cavani is currently on international duty with Uruguay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)