Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (3 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Rino Foschi has revealed that Palermo fought off competition from Juventus and Real Madrid to sign Edinson Cavani from Danubio in 2007.

“We were already well placed when Juventus made their move,” the Padova director stated in an interview with Tuttosport.

“Our biggest rivals for him were actually Fiorentina and [director of football] Pantaleo Corvino, who wanted to take him to the Viola.

“Real Madrid also tried to sign him. Fortunately, the player’s agent was serious [about our deal for Cavani] and kept his promise with us.”

Losing out to Palermo, uugghh :sergio:

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Rino Foschi has revealed that Palermo fought off competition from Juventus and Real Madrid to sign Edinson Cavani from Danubio in 2007.

“We were already well placed when Juventus made their move,” the Padova director stated in an interview with Tuttosport.

“Our biggest rivals for him were actually Fiorentina and [director of football] Pantaleo Corvino, who wanted to take him to the Viola.

“Real Madrid also tried to sign him. Fortunately, the player’s agent was serious [about our deal for Cavani] and kept his promise with us.”

Losing out to Palermo, uugghh :sergio:
it makes me sick that we don't have that good scouts like udinese or this lower teams.. and even if we got this young potential we always treat them like shit.. we need to solve this problem.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
it makes me sick that we don't have that good scouts like udinese or this lower teams.. and even if we got this young potential we always treat them like shit.. we need to solve this problem.
It makes one wonder how many "gems" were mishandled into irrelevance over the years. I refuse to believe that Palermo has a better international scouting network and/or contacts than Juventus.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's not only us. Most big clubs have always bought talent rather than nurture it themselves. Smaller clubs tend to have better scouts and better academies because it's their bread and butter. They make money by selling players. And it's true across all the major leagues across Europe. The trend seems to be changing though.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It would be easier if we owned one of the lower placed teams in Serie A and let our youngster play there instead of primavera.

May 22, 2007
It makes one wonder how many "gems" were mishandled into irrelevance over the years. I refuse to believe that Palermo has a better international scouting network and/or contacts than Juventus.
Nah, Palermo can afford to take more risks when looking for a young prospect. Juve would have sent Abel out on loan.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Nah, Palermo can afford to take more risks when looking for a young prospect. Juve would have sent Abel out on loan.
When looking? Signing with the intention to play and develop, you mean?

As I said, I'm very doubtful Palermo has a better network in terms of being able to send bodies everywhere to observe players, the contacts to make deals happen favourably, etc.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Palermo has more room for failure due to lower expectations. They can take risks on younger players. I'm not talking about random youth team pick ups, I'm talking about buying a young player with loads of potential that will have to play loads of minutes. Where Juve have more expectation, they can't guarantee a 19 year old kid consistent 1st team minutes.

May 22, 2007
When looking? Signing with the intention to play and develop, you mean?
Either. Juventus would look for players that have more experience than just raw potential for squad.

As I said, I'm very doubtful Palermo has a better network in terms of being able to send bodies everywhere to observe players, the contacts to make deals happen favourably, etc.
I think it's quite easy for a lot of top division teams to find promising players in various contintents.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
speaking about youngster, what are we going to do with appelt, buoy, marrone and others? anyone know what conte intentions with them? I mean look at manure, there are a bunch of no name guys playing in their 1st team and yet they are #1 in EPL, what's the point of us having young prospects if we never play them? :sergio:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's pretty much a case of young players wanting to play. Guys like Pastore aren't going to join top teams unless they're assured of playing time. Which is why so many good young South Americans end up in Portugal.

Guys like Neymar will be superstars from the beginning though.

---------- Post added 16.04.2012 at 23:51 ----------

speaking about youngster, what are we going to do with appelt, buoy, marrone and others? anyone know what conte intentions with them? I mean look at manure, there are a bunch of no name guys playing in their 1st team and yet they are #1 in EPL, what's the point of us having young prospects if we never play them? :sergio:
England has a reserves league and teams like Manure can loan players to mid level Prem teams with play clauses. Like teams have done with players like Welbeck, Cleverly, Wilshire, Sturridge, etc.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Either. Juventus would look for players that have more experience than just raw potential for squad.
Unsure about that. You'd have to think a club of such stature is literally scouring the globe for talent, raw or otherwise.

I think it's quite easy for a lot of top division teams to find promising players in various contintents.
Well, that's relative, yeah. With the amount of financial power at Juventus' disposal though, I'd imagine they have the better setup and personnel to do the task.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would prefer skeletor over anyone.

If we failed in the past, fuck it, lets blame it all on secco because it surely went bad because of him, Also, we had the shadows of calciopoli above us and future didnt looked bright. Even being a fan, it would be tough to choose a devastated team like juventus of that tmie. ALso it seems that we were late in entering into business with him so that is also secco´s fault because he would possibly have chosen juve if we acted earlier.

Now, like some said, is very different.
-We are fighting for scudetto , and will have CL football in like 95% chance.
-Unlike when the aguero saga happened, we now have prestige back with us ,a good season coupled with good players ,a mudafoka good coach who any player would love to have as a boss, a beautiful stadium which is the envy of italy and cash to splash by offloading deadweights like amauri.
-Unlike Aguero, he just doesnt "like" juve as a famous team, but as a fan, and also a lot of respected players from his country have weared this shirt and honoured it. It would be proudly to wear a juve shirt for him. Remember that forum member daria uruguay says that Juve is hella big in Uruguay, and thats for a reason.
-He doesnt have that "hyper star" aura like Aguero had at the time, so bigger teams will try to sign him, but it will not be as tough as how it was with aguero.
-Other competitors are loaded in the striker department with recent heavy investment stars.

So, yeah, they will be always bigger bids than us.... but come on, what would be better than playing for you fav team as a kid, with CL footie, a beautiful stadium with lovely fans, and having double the salary on top of it all?.

Come fukin here Cavani! we are Juventus and we are summoning you! dont dare to say no to us!

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
It's not only us. Most big clubs have always bought talent rather than nurture it themselves. Smaller clubs tend to have better scouts and better academies because it's their bread and butter. They make money by selling players. And it's true across all the major leagues across Europe. The trend seems to be changing though.
but in our case even we miss this talents like Pastore Sanchez and others. it's not like we are buying them easily :D

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Why dont we just buy the Udinese scouts?

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
FUCCK Dzeko, that lowlife, he chose money over us.

CAVANI please.
Send Boriello Back to Roma. Give Napoli Melo and 30m.
Bring Gio back and we are settled for Next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)