Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (17 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2005
Personally, I'm not really bothered. Sure I would have loved to see him but it's not the end of the world and it's not like we missed Trezeguet in his peak.

And TBH, if it was up to me, I'd rather spend the cash on some decent world class RB or LB rather than a striker. We're scoring goals in the league (true we're lacking a finisher up there) but still we're scoring bunch of goals and our problem lays down in defense.

We are conceding more than 1goal per match if I'm not mistaken.
yup thats it, its not the end of the world.

I am convinced that we need a super class RB and a LB more than a striker.
a team with WC LB and RB is strong enough for any competition with rest of the team like our team.

although we need a striker in June, as Amauri and Iaquinta and Qualia - Alex will be 37-38 yrs- will not be enough for CL.

I really hope Dzeko come to JUVE as we need him alot. but the my main concern for the team is that the team need a real LEADER with experience.
a player who can lift the team - since farsopoli we always had 3 (Nedved - Del Piero - Camoranesi)

off-topic
we all are looking for a successor for Del Piero, look how easily Krasic entered our hearts... Most of us Juve fans are looking for a great player to brag about him, a player like Del Piero... Messi in Barca, Ronaldo in Real,

I think if Dzeko get this, he will not sign for Man city and will be looking to sign for us.
although he will earn much more money in City but how many fans will be buying his shirt???

WE ALWAYS LOSE THE RACE TO SIGN PLAYERS BECAUSE OF MONEY AND WE ARE USED TO THAT, BUT THIS TIME MONEY IS NOT THE PROBLEM, THE PLAYER'S WISH IS NOT THE PROBLEM, THE PROBLEM IS "FUCKING NEW RULES"

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Batigol :heart: I wanted HIM so badly, what a cool player. We turned him down IIRC.
Batistuta :heart:

First, I think he turned us down in the 90's twice. A couple of years later, when he decided to leave Fiorentina, we turned him down, as Moggi didn't want to sign a 30+ year old but we signed a young David Trezeguet afterwards :tup:

Anyways, I still think Batigol was the most complete striker of all time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If he doesn't sign it's not the end of the world as is being made out, but he is nearly perfect for our setup with his age, style and record, the only problem being non-EU, thanks to the FIGC. However I do agree that he isn't guaranteed to score everywhere, even if I would be disappointed if he didn't do a lot better than Amauri :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
If he doesn't sign it's not the end of the world as is being made out, but he is nearly perfect for our setup with his age, style and record, the only problem being non-EU, thanks to the FIGC. However I do agree that he isn't guaranteed to score everywhere, even if I would be disappointed if he didn't do a lot better than Amauri :D
for that same money we could sign Elia & Pazzini, which would make more sense in the long run.

but being trumped by City still leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We'll always be trumped by a fricking multi billionaire if the selling club is only interested in money, our problem is that we could in theory put the buyout clause on the table but we need to be assured of CL football first and we can't do that in January with the nature of the league so we would have to say to Wolfsburg to wait until June. What do they have to lose even if we don't make the CL? Man City will still want the player in June, if not, they keep him, they aren't short of money. I'm confident that even if Man City offered him €2m more than us per year he'd still rather come here, but unfortunately we probably aren't going to even get a chance to contest the deal, unless we throw Momo down as a stopper.

DeLimmer

Oct 31, 2010
(SkySportsLive): Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed the club have agreed a fee with Wolfsburg to sign Edin Dzeko

I guess we're 1-1 :)

Welcome to Manchester City, Mr Edin Dzeko.

GL to Juve in the future.

Aug 2, 2005
Jan 4, 2011 11:00:00 AM GMT

Goal.com EXCLUSIVE: Edin Dzeko Juventus Ultimatum - Make Me An Offer In 48 Hours Or I’ll Join Manchester City
- Dzeko wants Serie A and Juventus
- Juve have 48 hours to make an official bid
- If no offer is forthcoming, Dzeko will join Man City

By Carlo Garganese
Jan 4, 2011 11:00:00 AM

Wolfsburg star Edin Dzeko has given Juventus 48 hours to make him an official offer, or else he will complete his move to Manchester City, Goal.com International can reveal.

The Bosnian has been the centre of intense media speculation over the past few weeks, with the English press adamant that only small details separate the hitman from finalising his transfer to Eastlands.

The Italian media has long since claimed that Dzeko would prefer a move to Serie A in order to join long-term admirers Juventus, who were very close to signing him last summer before they instead used up their one non-EU berth on CSKA Moscow’s Milos Krasic. The Old Lady did obtain an option on Dzeko, though, as part of the deal that saw Brazilian playmaker Diego move to Wolfsburg for a cut-price fee of €15.5 million.

Goal.com International has now learned that Dzeko – who due to Serie A EU rules cannot join Juventus until the summer – is desperate to move to the Bianconeri at the end of the current campaign and has handed them a 48-hour ultimatum to present an official offer.

If this is not forthcoming, then Dzeko will instead complete his transfer to Manchester City, most likely on Thursday, for a fee in the region of €32m. City and Wolfsburg have already agreed upon a transfer fee, but the Bosnian has yet to give the green light as he clings onto hope of Juve.

A source close to the player told Goal.com: "Dzeko has made it clear many times that Serie A is his favourite league and that he wants Juventus.

"However, he cannot wait around forever. We are talking about one of the best forwards in the world and Edin must think as a professional too.

"He cannot wait any longer than 48 hours. It is in Juve's hands, but they are running out of time."

Pointing the way ¦ But where will Dzeko go?

Dzeko’s heart is almost certainly not with Wolfsburg anymore. Goal.com Germany reports that at the club’s mid-season training camp in Marbella yesterday, the 24-year-old’s body language was very poor and he did not speak to any of his team-mates. Dzeko also refused any interviews after the session ended.

Tuttosport claims that Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta is considering tabling a bid today of €30m plus Malian midfielder Mohamed Sissoko for Dzeko. Bayern Munich are also attempting a late hijack, but are considered rank outsiders

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/01/04/2289200/goalcom-exclusive-edin-dzeko-juventus-ultimatum-make-me-an-offer-

what is it now, this is just minutes ago!!!!!!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
(SkySportsLive): Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed the club have agreed a fee with Wolfsburg to sign Edin Dzeko

I guess we're 1-1 :)

Welcome to Manchester City, Mr Edin Dzeko.

GL to Juve in the future.
That just means the clubs have agreed a fee numbnuts.

DeLimmer

Oct 31, 2010
I think he did right tbf, Our future is more brighter than Juventus (no offence intended) We'll most likely win the PL, dominate the CL. It's looking good boyz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)