Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (16 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
DZEKO

Wolfsburg coach Steve McClaren tonight stated in an interview that the Bosnian will have to up his work rate as a partner to Carlos Tevez when he joins Manchester City.

The quotes are in tomorrows Daily Mirror and a couple of other papers.

Fee of €27.5M[/QUOTE]

Whhhhatt ?! I would be mad if he is gone for 27.5 , Everything more than 35 mln E can be acceptable .

Buy on AliExpress.com

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
Looks like a done deal now.
Edin Dzeko has been backed to form a “potent” strike partnership with Carlos Tevez - by his boss Steve McClaren.

Wolfsburg chief McClaren last night told Manchester City they have made the “ideal” signing of the transfer window as Dzeko prepares to complete a £23 million switch from Germany to Eastlands today.

But McClaren has warned City boss Roberto Mancini that the Bosnian star will have to up his work rate to cope with the demands of the top flight.

McClaren yesterday rubber stamped the massive deal to off-load his star striker who has scored ten goals this season for club and country.

Dzeko was desperate for a move to the Premier League after missing out in the summer, and McClaren has seen enough in six months working with him to be convinced City are on to a winner.

The ex-England boss says Dzeko will score City “all types of goals” with his 6ft 4 physique well suited to spearheading their attack.

McClaren now hopes to use the money paid by City to rebuild Wolfsburg after a tough start to his career in Germany and sort out their problems.

On Dzeko he said last night: “He is a very very good player and that is reflected in the price. He is a big lad, strong and quick too. But he also has good technique.

“But most importantly he is a goal scorer who gets them with his left foot, his right foot, his head. He can score all types of goals. That is what City are getting. He is a good buy for them.”

McClaren says he can still improve. He added: “He is a good boy, but he needs to work harder now he is in the Premier League than he does at present. But he will adjust, no problem.

“He is also a good age, just 24. Strangely he reminds me of Alen Boksic, who I worked with at Middlesbrough, in the way he plays and scores. But he is probably a better all round player than him and definitely has something that City miss.

“He will be ideal for City, especially alongside Carlos Tevez. That will be a very potent partnership, very strong. I wish him well at City and hope he succeeds and fulfils his dream and potential there.”

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Ill wait till its official. Anything can happen in football, Robinho's jersey was being sold on the Chelsea site and then look what happened.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
“He will be ideal for City, especially alongside Carlos Tevez. That will be a very potent partnership, very strong. I wish him well at City and hope he succeeds and fulfils his dream and potential there.”

When I read that bit, I gave up the hope I've had for one year. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Why would they accept 27? It would all be up to Dzeko if we offered 30 plus Sissoko for a transfer in June I cant see why Wolfsburg would accept shittys offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)