Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (19 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We were always going to be stuck with Pazzini anyway, guys. In the summer when he's unveiled, Marotta will state, "Pazzini has always been the number one target." And I think it will be the truth.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
i dunno bout u...but altho i doh mind d picong i does get for bein die hard juve here in t'dad..i was hopin that wit dzeko and our eventual resurgence i coulda rub it in d haters faces...

now? :sergio:
Dsi, Dzeko or not, the future looks good. The managment looks competent and we are in good financial standing. Bun out de rest a dem.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
No reason to get upset over properly not signing him, I would be more upset how long it took to know his final destination and the annoying transfer saga. Almost like a Turkish soap opera. There are plenty of good strikers around that we could get that capable of getting the job done like Torres or Lukaku or Suarez or Forlan. The fact that Wolfsburg are playing hard ball, should be enough reason to not conduct any business with them in the future, they aren't worthy our management's attention.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There's no free lunch in dealing with other clubs. You can't expect them to just give Dzeko away to us. Of course they will play hardball and that's what we have to do as well.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Linked to us, yes. But I don't see us spending and incredible amount of cash. We may make one marquee signing (by marquee I mean 10 - 15 million). He's linked everyone else too.
I guess we do need the good luck then. Would love to see him here.

I'm thinking he'll go for about 25? That's pretty fair.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Dzeko really had to go to some other club and not Juve, then City is the best option, looking from our perspective. City or Real Madrid.
They are not an Italian team and with the number of players they keep buying, the chance for him to leave in the next 1-2 years is much bigger than if he went to Bayern, for example.

Still,not the fact that he went to another club but the way we lost out on him is what hurts the most. The stupid non-EU rule fucked us up really bad.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If Dzeko really had to go to some other club and not Juve, then City is the best option, looking from our perspective. City or Real Madrid.
They are not an Italian team and with the number of players they keep buying, the chance for him to leave in the next 1-2 years is much bigger than if he went to Bayern, for example.

Still,not the fact that he went to another club but the way we lost out on him is what hurts the most. The stupid non-EU rule fucked us up really bad.
Well, he's not gonna get any cheaper unless he flops.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
There's no free lunch in dealing with other clubs. You can't expect them to just give Dzeko away to us. Of course they will play hardball and that's what we have to do as well.
Definitely teams won't hand their players without throwing some punches and trying to sqeeze each penny, but that reported sum that City got Dzeko for, isn't far away from our offer. They prolonged the whole transfer saga for peanuts.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Definitely teams won't hand their players without throwing some punches and trying to sqeeze each penny, but that reported sum that City got Dzeko for, isn't far away from our offer. They prolonged the whole transfer saga for peanuts.
You're assuming that Juve really offered 30 million euros and Sissoko. They probably didn't if Dzeko's really heading to City.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I suspect he wouldn't be making the same wage demands from Juventus, anyway. His agent's doing a good job milking them for what they're worth.
We're trying to reduce some wages here, apart from Del Piero, we're not trying to reduce with Gigi and some other players. And players like Marchisio and Chiellini aren't getting any much pay-rise from their last contract, they're surely going to have better contracts but not that much.

One wonders how much we would be able to pay the Bosnian player compared to what City offered. I think there's some difference, not a small difference of course.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Fuck. This would've been such a sick signing.
Personally, I'm not really bothered. Sure I would have loved to see him but it's not the end of the world and it's not like we missed Trezeguet in his peak.

And TBH, if it was up to me, I'd rather spend the cash on some decent world class RB or LB rather than a striker. We're scoring goals in the league (true we're lacking a finisher up there) but still we're scoring bunch of goals and our problem lays down in defense.

We are conceding more than 1goal per match if I'm not mistaken.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
bah, history means little to nothing these days.. there's no loyalty anymore.. I'm surprised that Real isn't even stepping in ( not that we know of ) and I'm afraid to find out who we're going to settle for instead..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)