Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (9 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Exactly. And TBH, City isnt doing that badly, if they get Džeko and if they gel the team a bit more, they might even win the EPL this year.

TBH, their future looks perhaps brighter than ours.
Maybe,but thankfully we have a team and a coach who can extract the maximum outta our team.....

Our board says we dont have the budget to sign dzeko for a high price...why? are we poor? no the board just dont want to spend money insanely like city...they have the money,but they are looking for a long term plan to build this team which might work or it wont....we have to wait and see...

this team with any other coach would have been lower down the table than it is now,if that was the case the board would have suddenly had a massive budget available for transfer window

Just pay for him and get him here meanwhile you can fiddle along with the long term plan.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
dzeko is a milanista...the club he really wants to play for is milan...so if he plays for juve that would make him a traitor?

just saying..

manchester city are insanely splashing money,their players salary is unreal,but if juventus really wants dzeko so bad why dont we pay him that? doesnt that make juve fans selfish and greedy to expect dzeko play for less than HALF of what he could earn?

you people need to stop blaming dzeko for not joining us [if that happens].
As was Krasic. Yet he still wanted Juventus a hell of a lot more than City, wich is why he turned down a better salary.

I don't expect Dzeko to turn down City's millions, and it's not like i'll hate him or anything if he signs for them. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a choice made out of greed.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Exactly. And TBH, City isnt doing that badly, if they get Džeko and if they gel the team a bit more, they might even win the EPL this year.

TBH, their future looks perhaps brighter than ours.
City's future is in no way brighter than ours.

City is gonna have a hard time reaching UEFA's FFP regulations in time, and there is no chance they'll reach it if they don't start cutting wages big time. They can't cut wages without losing quality players, which means they can't compeet, which means they can't attract quality players. You see where this is going?

The ONLY way City can get quality players is by giving them massive wages. But because of UEFA's "break-even" rules they can't do that any longer.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
City has to grow in the next few years, but honestly I can't see why they can't. Look at Chelsea today, they are one of Europe's biggest sides on the Deloitte money list. The success of Chelsea brought them income in the long run. I'm not saying they've broken even, but they're definitely on the road to financial independency from Roman.
Sure City has to sell a few players to lower their wage bill, but they will only sell those who underperform compared to others. It is an expensive experiment but they can afford it.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
City has to grow in the next few years, but honestly I can't see why they can't. Look at Chelsea today, they are one of Europe's biggest sides on the Deloitte money list. The success of Chelsea brought them income in the long run. I'm not saying they've broken even, but they're definitely on the road to financial independency from Roman.
Sure City has to sell a few players to lower their wage bill, but they will only sell those who underperform compared to others. It is an expensive experiment but they can afford it.
Say what?

Chelsea has for the last 5-6 years had massive loses every year.

Last year they had €73M in loses. They to will have a tough time making UEFA's FFP without losing competitiveness.

City will have to expand their income by 100% if they wan't to break even. That's impossible.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I like Nick's news about him traveling to Spain. And I like to hear Shitty is looking at Lukaku.

I can say I feel much better than I did 3 days ago. Whew, that was a close call.

:santa:

Jul 13, 2010
I like Nick's news about him traveling to Spain. And I like to hear Shitty is looking at Lukaku.

I can say I feel much better than I did 3 days ago. Whew, that was a close call.

:santa:
So he's in Spain, that rules out manc move? Well, I'd be more reserve. Anyway, if this is the case, in summer no club will beat Juve to signing Edin :):juventus:

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Do you guys really think Fifa's FFP will ever be strictly enforced?

I highly doubt it
Offcourse it will.

FFP is Platini's little baby, and since he will stay at the head of UEFA for atleast another 4 years, there's no chance he will let this project die. As Platini said himself, this is for the sake of football itself.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Offcourse it will.

FFP is Platini's little baby, and since he will stay at the head of UEFA for atleast another 4 years, there's no chance he will let this project die. As Platini said himself, this is for the sake of football itself.
so the risk of having manure, barce, RM, Chelsea etc etc not in the CL will be good for UEFAs pockets?

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
so the risk of having manure, barce, RM, Chelsea etc etc not in the CL will be good for UEFAs pockets?
You can turn it around. The above mentioned clubs risk their entire future if they DON'T follow the rules. No CL, no top players comming to the club.

And again, if UEFA doesn't do anything, then football as we know it will slowly die anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)