Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (11 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
First, Amauri is not worth 5M. I'm sure we can get 18-22M for both Amauri and Iaquinta.

Second, why would we sell both of our strikers? Sell one, and keep one for depth/substitute.

Lastly, if we sign Dzeko we won't sign Benzema. What are we made of money?

Dzeko, Iaquinta, Quag, Del Piero, Boniperti, Giannati could be our forwards next season.
would you pay 18 mil for both ?

Apr 29, 2006
1)benzema isnt going anywhere for less then 25 million and a 50% of next transfer clausule

2) no idiot thats right in his mind would give more then 5 mil for any of those.

3) people tend to say alot, especially when they consider themselves "important"
1. I wouldn't be so sure about that. He had some nice games for Madrid, but he had also some very bad ones. Mourinho is one of the coaches that does not like that. He has Kaka after new year, he will buy a CF and more importantly Higuanin will be back in no time. Benz > 25 mils.... i don't think so!

2. Wait buddy, while I am inclined to believe that in the case of Amauri, Iaq is definitely worth 10 mils. He is a forward that has 3 more seasons in front of him on the top level. 4 or more for a mid-table team - and you claim he is not worth 1.5 mils per season??? Come on... get real.

3.I was hoping Marotta does not consider himself important - Agnelli does that for him.

First, Amauri is not worth 5M. I'm sure we can get 18-22M for both Amauri and Iaquinta.

Second, why would we sell both of our strikers? Sell one, and keep one for depth/substitute.

Lastly, if we sign Dzeko we won't sign Benzema. What are we made of money?

Dzeko, Iaquinta, Quag, Del Piero, Boniperti, Giannati could be our forwards next season.
->Look a different opinion on the price of those players. And still above 15 mils...

About us being made of money - well if a few thing turn in our favour we actually will be made of money. There is a trial which officially could give us 200+ mils, we have the best budget of the top clubs and we are in the fight for the scudetto (certain CL spot)... I don't see 45-50 mils for two forwards as a scary number for us - especially if we can recuperate "18-22M" from two sales.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
who would pay 8 million for a striker 30 turning 31 year old that hasn't been scoring consistently for 2.5 years and earns 4 million in wages.

people need to lower their estimation of juve players. 30 million for buffon, 10 million for iaquinta (an injury prone almost 31 year old) what are you guys smoking?

Henry and RVN who are both among the greatest strikers in the world went for about 15 million each to barca and real when they were around 30. no one will pay 8 million for iaquinta, let alone amori

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
who would pay 8 million for a striker 30 turning 31 year old that hasn't been scoring consistently for 2.5 years and earns 4 million in wages.

people need to lower their estimation of juve players. 30 million for buffon, 10 million for iaquinta (an injury prone almost 31 year old) what are you guys smoking?

Henry and RVN who are both among the greatest strikers in the world went for about 15 million each to barca and real when they were around 30. no one will pay 8 million for iaquinta, let alone amori
4M for Ianquinta is more likely. Tottenham was intrested in him once hope they still are. Selling Amauri seems impossible imo, can't think of clubs wanting him.

For those who thought that the Diego deal will have any influence on the Dzeko deal, are you really sure we sold Diego for ''cheap''? I think 15M is more or less his real value and we overpaid for him.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I agree Gian, now way teams would dish out that kinda money on Iaquinta and Amauri. Who's going to pay that for a 4th choice striker and a lump of wood with long hair?

I think Diego's price should've been around 25 however. He's still young and had just signed a contract with us.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I agree Gian, now way teams would dish out that kinda money on Iaquinta and Amauri. Who's going to pay that for a 4th choice striker and a lump of wood with long hair?

I think Diego's price should've been around 25 however. He's still young and had just signed a contract with us.
Apart from being 4th choice striker, Amauri nor Iaquinta had an outstanding season in their football careers. They don't have any highlights in their careers that are fundamental for selling them when they aren't doing any good. Diego had oustanding seasons with Werder Bremen and was easier to sell imo. Amauri has scored 15 goals in his best season. Besides that, he's quite limited with his foot. Ianquinta has scored more than 15 in his career at Udinese, the season before he came to Juve iirc. Secco who is known for his overpaying like mad did pay 11M for him. Both of them don't have anything good to profile them with. Iaquinta is just like Amauri a limited striker and if he was worth 11M in his best season he couldn't be the half of that today, when he's barely scoring or being injured. I think selling them for a nice fee is probably the hardest task of Marotta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)