Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (10 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awit

Jan 10, 2010
I'm not.

If this is true and Diego is sold we are going to rely on DP for doing everything for another season? The guy is 36 years old soon and even if he somehow manages to play great what happens if (when) he gets injured? Iaquinta to create our goals

:shifty:

Somehow I don't feel like fapping

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am excited. If lose Diego I am sure we will look for some kind of replacement. Its only logical.

We have 39 days until mercato is over....its far too early for anyone to lose sleep over creativity. Let the BoD work, trust them.

Have a little optimism. I'm convinced that Dzeko is such a player that he will do so much more for this team than what we have. I guarantee you if you put anyone of our strikers in place of dzeko last year or year before they wouldn't have come close to what he achieved IMO with maybe trez coming close.

I know diego is good but he comes a dime a dozen if you ask me when comparing him to Edin in terms of producing the goods.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we make the diego-dzeko swap, we will use him as the cf, treze as his sub. Giovinco,dp and amauri or iaq as the ss and probably sell one of the extra ss's to buy a creative starter unit. We dont need to buy a new ss when we already have 4 for one place.
Giovinco can add more speed than diego, if we use our ss deep. Dp can still help with exp and be the most prolific ss choice, if we use ous ss up in the box and iaq or amauri will be used as a second target man for the winger and fullback crosses that we are most likely to abuse and diego wont be able to take advantage of anyway. Just like DN said we will play with 2forwards playing deep.
Forget what we saw last year, the boring, one dimensional, italian 4-4-2 is back for good. Even if we change coach, we are not going to drop the investment on 3wingers. A playmaker like diego will be wasted anyway, DN would rather waste his creativity and try to field him in a role he cant handle, rather than use him efficiently!
He was adamant about that, so end the drama!

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I am excited. If lose Diego I am sure we will look for some kind of replacement. Its only logical.

We have 39 days until mercato is over....its far too early for anyone to lose sleep over creativity. Let the BoD work, trust them.

Have a little optimism. I'm convinced that Dzeko is such a player that he will do so much more for this team than what we have. I guarantee you if you put anyone of our strikers in place of dzeko last year or year before they wouldn't have come close to what he achieved IMO with maybe trez coming close.

I know diego is good but he comes a dime a dozen if you ask me when comparing him to Edin in terms of producing the goods.
:tup:

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007

In fact we are in desperate need for a ST,not particulary Dzeko but any ST who is a true finisher not like those useless Amauri n Iaquinta.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
If we make the diego-dzeko swap, we will use him as the cf, treze as his sub. Giovinco,dp and amauri or iaq as the ss and probably sell one of the extra ss's to buy a creative starter unit. We dont need to buy a new ss when we already have 4 for one place.
Giovinco can add more speed than diego, if we use our ss deep. Dp can still help with exp and be the most prolific ss choice, if we use ous ss up in the box and iaq or amauri will be used as a second target man for the winger and fullback crosses that we are most likely to abuse and diego wont be able to take advantage of anyway. Just like DN said we will play with 2forwards playing deep.
Forget what we saw last year, the boring, one dimensional, italian 4-4-2 is back for good. Even if we change coach, we are not going to drop the investment on 3wingers. A playmaker like diego will be wasted anyway, DN would rather waste his creativity and try to field him in a role he cant handle, rather than use him efficiently!
He was adamant about that, so end the drama!
notice today he did not name gio in the list of forward payers, and the fact that we are looking for another winger means he doesn't consider him there either!

and as for boring one dimensional 4-4-2, this is why we need to go anti-italian when it come to coaches, of get a young one who can actually think for himself and not rely on 1960's out-dated tactics.

I have the feeling our new coach and director thinks that they're still in Samp. None of the signings this season are really anything to go wild about like Ze Tahir said, though i do look forward to seeing what bonucci & storari have to offer. I can see us easily missing out on both Krasic and Dzeko if we persist with this waiting game (though i will admit that this is just what we hear in the media and may not reflect what is actually going on behind the scene)

Mar 30, 2006
I would hate to lose Diego. I wish they accepted a cash offer for Dzeko. But if we do lose him I think Dzeko is a great player to get in return. I hope Del Piero has a great season then .. we would be pinning alot of our success on his condition.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Bayern wanting him is a joke.

Van Gaal came out 2 days ago and said he wants to trim his striking options down not add to them.

Also Dzeko wants out of Germany does he not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)