Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (10 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

It says

NON MI LASCIANO ANDARE? E ALLORA VEDRETE COME GIOCHERO
Nabijem te na kurac...MALI! :D

I know what it says, I want to know what it means. This is an English speaking forum, I don't want to translate stuff from Italian.

Bad mod, bad!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No way he said something like that to the media. I doubt he said it to the directors either.
When you want to say that you don't want to stay and the team insists on you staying, you will say things like "I'm not sure if I will be motivated enough and how will that reflect on my performances" or you will play poorly in the friendlies, just so you'd make it clear that they will only lose by keeping you. But you don't make direct threats to a rich guy with huge ego and authority because it will backfire on you (Pandev in Lazio).
Not to mention the awful advertising you make for yourself. A team that pays 30-40m eur for you, won't like to have a player who will simply stop playing or play awful when he doesn't get everything his way.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think he said something about motivation perhaps but I doubt he would make an outright threat like that.

He has made his intentions clear, he wishes to leave. Wolfsburg just want to get their bids for him increased.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I read a thread about Dzeko in a Bosnian forum and looks like this is the problem:
Last year he signed a new contract and he was given a verbal guarantee (nothing on paper, of course) that next summer (which is this one), Wolfsburg won't make problems to him if he wants to leave and they will sell him. Apparently, the new contract had a 40m eur release clause.

This summer Dzeko reminded the directors about the verbal promise and they confirmed again that they won't make problems to him but they want a good price. Dzeko accepted that (even in some previous interviews, from last month, he looked really happy and excited about the opportunity to go to some other league). But as time went on and Wolfsburg asked for a very big price, Dzeko started feeling nervous and he didn't hide it anymore in the interviews. The last stroke was yesterday's announcement that Wolfsburg won't let him leave. I don't know how much truth there is in it, but apparently Dzeko was told that he's staying. Not that they won't let him go until the right price comes, but that they won't let him go at all.

P.S: And Dzeko's fans in that forum keep blaming his agent Redzepagic. I don't really get it what's the exact reason they blame him so much, but they blame him for being the person who makes things more complicated for Dzeko.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Stankovic signed with us AND inter once and not to have him suspended we got Cannavaro for Carini. Don't know if he signed with both City and us but I doubt it.

I guess we have something written with both club(in case they want to sell him) and player but let's see.

In the meantime:

Dzeko is a Juve player. Confirmation in a few days. Diego sold, confirmation also in a few days.

- Capo of the Curva Sud. :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)