Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (10 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Dzeko's agent: I don't know about any bid. General manager of Wolfsburg Ditetmar Hoeness is in Kitzbuhlu and I haven't heard him these days.
Mancini said: "We have the chance to win the league this year and the decisive factor could be Edin Dzeko. This player can decide titles and that is why we want him."

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Wolfsburg will be relegated if Dzeko leaves in January.
Not if Diego has anything to do with it!

Diego :rofl:

Mancini said: "We have the chance to win the league this year and the decisive factor could be Edin Dzeko. This player can decide titles and that is why we want him."
Nonsense!

Mancini doesn't speak English that well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dzeko's agent: I don't know about any bid. General manager of Wolfsburg Ditetmar Hoeness is in Kitzbuhlu and I haven't heard him these days.
Yeah, I know that.

Btw, the stuff I posted is mega fresh, published 50 minutes ago on Bosnian sport website.
Sweet. I don't think anyone here needed that as much as I did.
Not if Diego has anything to do with it!

Diego :rofl:
:lol:...Another massive blow we endured. So much money wasted. We could have bought Dzeko easily with our flops. (amauri 22m, diego 25m)...

Son of a gun.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Sweet. I don't think anyone here needed that as much as I did.

:lol:...Another massive blow we endured. So much money wasted. We could have bought Dzeko easily with our flops. (amauri 22m, diego 25m)...

Son of a gun.
NO player who i would like to see in our present squad, with our present aims, our present widely accepted togertherness, would want to sign for city...so if Dzeko is doing so,,,he can go eat a bowl of fuck for all i care. Let him battle Tevez and Balotelli...for a starting role. i wish him good luck...

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Amen to that. I've said it a few times, I think in fairness 15m was more or less his true value. the guy has been utterly shit for us and wolfsburg so far. bremen was the only time he shined, and that team was build around him imo.
How could utter shit to score 6 goals and to do 8 assist? Our all team sucked last season, that wasn't just only Diego fault.

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
So my fears seem all but confirmed. There was no deal in place when we sold Diego.

And now we are linked with Gilardino and Macheda??

Benzema will not come, Higuain is out for months and he's been scoring goals.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Who in their right mind would play for Man City anyway?

Man City as we know it today, simply can't excist when UEFA's FFP rules kicks in. The clubs income doesn't even come close to covering the massive wagebill they have now, and this will only get bigger as the years go.

There is no future at Man City, if you wanna play with the big boys for the years to come.

Hopefully Dzeko sees that, and don't get blinded by the money they are throwing at him.

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
BBC reporting on it now... main story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9325924.stm

Funny some guy saying on BBC messageboards he doesn't think Dzeko is strong enough for EPL :L

Yeah could be a big mistake if he goes there, or could turn them into serious title contenders. Still need to sort their defence though. Man Utd aren't as strong as they used to be, Chelsea are faltering, Arsenal are same old so there is a chance for City this season imo now. Not because they are a great team just because others aren't that strong

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
BBC reporting on it now... main story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9325924.stm

Funny some guy saying on BBC messageboards he doesn't think Dzeko is strong enough for EPL :L

Yeah could be a big mistake if he goes there, or could turn them into serious title contenders. Still need to sort their defence though. Man Utd aren't as strong as they used to be, Chelsea are faltering, Arsenal are same old so there is a chance for City this season imo now. Not because they are a great team just because others aren't that strong
Loved this part.

The 27m euros paid by Juventus for Werder Bremen's Diego in May 2009 is the highest fee received by a Bundesliga club from a team outside of Germany.

Diego lasted only a season in Serie A, returning to the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, who paid 15.5m euros for the Brazilian international.

:lol:

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
Edin Dzeko is set to break the Bundesliga transfer record by joining Manchester City from Wolfsburg for a fee in the region of 40 million euros ($52.1 million) , according to reports in Germany.

The Bosnian striker has made no secret of his desire to leave the German side for a bigger club and, while his dream has always been to join AC Milan, the fact the Italians have just signed Antonio Cassano from Sampdoria reduces the chances of that move coming off.

However, City has the ambition to become one of Europe's top clubs and it also has the financial backing, and a transfer of Dzeko next month is looking more likely.

Coach Roberto Mancini has also confirmed that he is a fan of the 24-year-old.

The Wolfsburger Allgemeine newspaper quotes Mancini saying: "We have the chance to win the league this year and the decisive factor could be Edin Dzeko.

"This player can decide titles and that is why we want him."

Wolfsburg's managing director Dieter Hoeness declared last week that his club is preparing to make major changes to the playing personnel after a disappointing first half of the season.

Selling a player of Dzeko's talent may not be his preference, but the player's malaise at the 2009 Bundesliga champion, who currently seems unlikely to provide him with the chance to play in the Champions League next season, may be one of the reasons the team has not been functioning since Steve McClaren took over as coach this season.

A fee of 40 million euros, which the Wolfsburger Allgemeine reports would be made up of an initial fee of 30 million euros with five million to follow in the case of City qualifying for the Champions League, while five million euros would go on signing-on and agent fees, would break the Bundesliga's transfer record.

Bayern Munich currently holds that with its 30 million euros outlay on Mario Gomez from Stuttgart in 2009.

Diego's sale from Werder Bremen to Juventus last year is the most expensive foreign sale to date at 27 million euros, while he returned to the Bundesliga this season, joining Wolfsburg for a cut-price fee of 15.5 million.

And the Wolves are set to make a huge profit on a player they signed for just four million from FK Teplice in 2007.

He won the Bundesliga golden boot award last season after coming runner-up to his team mate Grafite in Wolfsburg's championship-winning year.

He has already found the back of the net 10 times this season, taking his overall tally to 66 in 111 games for the Wolves.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
City wont sell him under 25 millions, Adebayor maybe but I think that Marotta will do his best to loan Macheda for the rest of the season.
tevez cheaper than dzeko? in what world is dzeko half the player that is tevez? I'd splash a 50 for tevez if they are willing to sell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)