Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (28 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
You do know we had a 30 Million pound cash offer rejected in the summer don't you? what makes you think they'll sell him for that price another year on?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You do know we had a 30 Million pound cash offer rejected in the summer don't you? what makes you think they'll sell him for that price another year on?
That's because I think that Džeko's willingness to join us will be even bigger next Summer than it was in the past one. Diego's sale also helps a lot. And then there is a thing called negotiation. Hopefully he pulls a 'Krasic'.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
That's because I think that Džeko's willingness to join us will be even bigger next Summer than it was in the past one. Diego's sale also helps a lot. And then there is a thing called negotiation. Hopefully he pulls a 'Krasic'.
He tried that this summer though ;)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah I don't buy that either. Considering Diego is having quite a bad time there also. They still owe us another 10 Million on the deal by all accounts though.
They don't owe us nothing, it's not their fault we over-payed for Diego.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Still 70 million is a lot to be spent in 1 summer....
I don't expect us to spend much less than that if we finish in top 4 this season. Even our Management know that, considering the amount of loan transfers we made last Summer. The squad needs major reinforcements to compete in Champions League and be a serious contender in Serie A.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Really? Didn't know that, I thought we were payed at once.
We were.

Well, the deal we agreed is that Wolfsburg pays the entire sum at once, up front. Of course, there's always the possibility Wolfsburg didn't carry out the (entire) payment yet, but that would mean they're violating the agreed terms. Which, I assume, would lead to us taking the necessary legal steps as well as officially informing UEFA (or Fifa?).

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
- 30M Quagliarella, Aquilani + Pepe
- 12M for LW
- 20M fullbacks
- 30M Džeko

92M - the sales of Amauri, Sissoko, Giovinco's and Lanzafame's halfs, Grygera, Grosso and Brazzo.

Approximately around 70M.
30M for the loans of 2010
30M Dzeko
5M some loan deals that Marotta loves

Although I do think that Dzeko's fee would be Agnelli's gift?
No matter how you put it, playing CL is a must.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Well Marotta was trying to buy Dzeko last season and he failed, but i guess the money saved for him are still there? Anyway whatever he will do, I have faith in this guy. I also think that he will leave LB position and focus on the right side.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dzeko will be on the last year of his contract, no? wolfsburg is going to have to come to some kind of an agreement this summer otherwise they risk losing him for nothing, right?

The sum this summer that they wanted was fantasy, this summer with the deal of diego and dzeko's contract ending we will be the ones that have the upper hand. He wanted to come last summer, he will want to come this summer...his will with our offers will surely make them think about the deal and making it more realistic.

Dzeko for 30m is much better than the Pastore's for 70m and Neymar for 35m or whatever the asking price is. We finally have crosses flying in from all over and our distribution has improved drastically, I sure as hell don't think Neymar and Pastore will be as much a dominate force in the box/goal area that Edin would be. We already have mids that can score and we know that because they are already outscoring our current strikers...hell, even our defenders can do that.

Dzeko would damn near complete our attack.

Dzeko 30m
Aquilani 15m
Quag 10m
...that's only 55m plus selling the likes of Sissoko/Amauri/Iq/Brazzo, etc...player exchanges, giving out youth players, etc...not to mention who is to say that Marotta will not find some much better loans with options to buy next summer?

Let's say he finds two good wingbacks for 10m and under and/or with loan's with an option to buy for the forth coming season...then add Dzeko's 30m..that's a max of 50m...a LM for max 15m, aquilani for 15m, quag for 10m...90m out...take away what ever deductions from players we sell...I bet, overall we could get a very sexy team for next year for around 50m total spent. And if Marotta finds some nice loans with options to buy, that fee could be even lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)