Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (14 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
His contract expires in 2013, I think, so they have another summer before they'd be forced to sell.

This summer will be the last point at which they can make major demands, assuming Dzeko won't sign a new contract with them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Exactly, that's why everbody here was so pissed with the end of our transfer campaign. It was a borderline retarded move to get rid of him even if we weren't still paying his wage.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Exactly, that's why everbody here was so pissed with the end of our transfer campaign. It was a borderline retarded move to get rid of him even if we weren't still paying his wage.
Why do people assume it was Marotta or/and Del Neri's suggestion to get rid of Trezeguet???? The way I understood it, the only eagerness for a move, came from Trezeguet himself, not the club. He wanted to be nearer his family as he sees out the last few years of his sterling career, and he moved to a town where his wife's family live.

I read no moaning from Trez AFTER the move. no mention from marotta or del neri that he wasnt part of their plans, only that they were open to offers...(which could, as I assumed, be their response to trez and his agent asking for a move)...and i have every conviction that he left, because he wanted to leave. Had he stayed, i am certain that he would have been playing regularly. our first choice target man.

maybe i am mistaken, but i see HIS eagerness to leave, understandable, given the season we had just endured, the time of his career, and desire to enjoy family life more easily...as a shame, for US to have lost him, not at all a retarded move by del neri and marotta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)