Edgar Davids (7 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
Davids is great...so good technically with the ball at his feet. But with the ball in the oponents feet he was even better. A rocket of a left foot. And damn the most intimidating player ever with the hair and the glasses.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Yah ... can't realize his potential in Milan until he got to Juve .. where i think he formed a outstanding partnership with Zidane. Those were the years ... :bow:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
DAVIDS SET TO RETIRE

Ajax captain Edgar Davids is likely to retire from football at the end of this season.

The 34-year-old, who made his professional debut for Ajax in 1991, starred for AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Internazionale and Tottenham before returning to Amsterdam last year.

Now it seems he is poised to call time on his career.

"It might be that this is my last season," Davids told RTL after his side's 3-2 win against NAC Breda.

Asked if he would be tempted to continue under new coach Marco van Basten in the next campaign, Davids said: "I don't think so. Everything has to come to an end."

Van Basten was last week handed a four-year contract to take over at the Amsterdam ArenA at the end of the season.

Davids had a public falling out with Van Basten in 2006 when the Holland coach left him out of his World Cup squad.

Van Basten made comments which Davids took exception to and the former Juve star replied in an open letter, describing Van Basten as "arrogant" and lacking "personal class".

Sporting Life

----------------------------------

You won't be forgotten easily, Edgar...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Word up to Davids. We should give him a job as a scout in the Netherlands or something with our youth. He'd be a great example for not only midfielders but all sorts of players.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Word up to Davids. We should give him a job as a scout in the Netherlands or something with our youth. He'd be a great example for not only midfielders but all sorts of players.
I wish! But he wants to be a manager Andy, I read his reportage a few days ago.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
He'd make a pretty funky manager;)

Seriously though,Davids,despite being a phenomenal player,never struck to me as the manager type.I wish him all the luck in the world if he does go into managment eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)