Eden Hazard (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I told you were not going to consider a non Italian, non dribbler, a higher priority than a mediocre Italian, like Boriello, who has nothing but a few NT caps.
I told you we put our nationalism over our needs, we will postpone the investment on a permanent non Italian solution, as long as we can.

Any objective fan sees that we need to do smth for our defense, in the past 6 years though, we are trying to find new talents from Italy, instead of getting a certain fix.
And we invest everything on new CMs and SSs each and every transfer window...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I told you were not going to consider a non Italian, non dribbler, a higher priority than a mediocre Italian, like Boriello, who has nothing but a few NT caps.
I told you we put our nationalism over our needs, we will postpone the investment on a permanent non Italian solution, as long as we can.

Any objective fan sees that we need to do smth for our defense, in the past 6 years though, we are trying to find new talents from Italy, instead of getting a certain fix.
And we invest everything on new CMs and SSs each and every transfer window...
Hazard is a non-dribbler while Matri and Borriello are dribblers? :D

OP
blondu

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
  • Thread Starter #205
    hehe..the belgian had an astonishing ratio of 6 succesfull dribblings per match in the last season of ligue en

OP
    blondu

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
  • Thread Starter #207
    choose any player from juve ..i donno anyone since the zidane days that could have had such a ratio per game. (i'm not considering Del God)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    I'd buy him and bench Pepe, but not for 40 million. That's way too steep; 20-25 sounds reasonable and fair enough.
    This is exactly why I asked the question. I knew someone would come up with the idea to "replace" Pepe with him :D

Which I think is the worst possible idea. I can't shake the feeling that we'd drop a lot more points if that's the case. And obviously not (just) because we'd be without Pepe.

I hope Hazard ends up in Italy though. Should be the league (& country) that suits him the most. But personally I wouldn't pay anything over 15 million for the guy. There's just too big a chance that he'll completely fail outside of France.
    The difference between his games in the Ligue 1 & his European/Intl games is definitely something to think (even worry) about.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    This is exactly why I asked the question. I knew someone would come up with the idea to "replace" Pepe with him :D

Which I think is the worst possible idea. I can't shake the feeling that we'd drop a lot more points if that's the case. And obviously not (just) because we'd be without Pepe.

I hope Hazard ends up in Italy though. Should be the league (& country) that suits him the most. But personally I wouldn't pay anything over 15 million for the guy. There's just too big a chance that he'll completely fail outside of France.
    The difference between his games in the Ligue 1 & his European/Intl games is definitely something to think (even worry) about.
    Agree with the part with regard to Pepe.
    The work rate Pepe adds to our team, is something Hazard won't add.
    He'd be the one replacing Vucinic if we would sign him.

15MEuro, I disagree with, if used in the correct way, Hazard definatelt can bring something extra in a team and thus his value definately is higher.
    He is the type of player tactics needs to be changed for if he is bought, he isn't a player that will suit a team in a role that is something else then what he is good in.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Pepe is not irreplaceable; to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. This whole work rate and helps with the defending BS is too excessive. Hazard offers so much more going forward. Why is everyone blinded by Pepe's performances? He's only doing well cuz the team is doing well, not the other way around. Pepe is not carrying the team!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Pepe is not irreplaceable; to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. This whole work rate and helps with the defending BS is too excessive. Hazard offers so much more going forward. Why is everyone blinded by Pepe's performances? He's only doing well cuz the team is doing well, not the other way around. Pepe is not carrying the team!
    Point me to the post where someone suggested that Pepe is irreplaceable.

Replacing a Pepe type player with Hazard (like I said: in our current setup) is suicide though.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Not you per se, but others. They are blinded by the fact that Pepe is doing the simple things right, that he's actually having a decent season (outstanding by his mediocre standards I guess) that they actually want him as a starting RW forward come next season as well.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Hazard hasn't impressed me, nearly every time I have watched him play, he was meh.

I think he's overrated, we should aim for someone else.
    I somewhat agree. He's a lot of flash and is appealing to watch while playing but I don't know if that will translate into another league and another team. He does have a lot of time to mature so I won't write him off yet. If he plays smarter and keeps it more simple, he should turn into a great player.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Hazard declared yesterday on Canal+ that he will leave Lille next summer to a club in the EPL.
    He didn't say which club yet, but it will probably be Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Liverpool? How do they still have money? They have been shit/irrelevant for like 3 seasons now, no CL this season, and potentially next season as well. I can't see him going there. I guess no one in Italy can afford him eh?

Give me Suarez and Jovetic for a killer strike force :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)