Ebola Outbreak (35 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The CDC was one area of government that I thought had a practical and necessary purpose for the public. But here we are again, just like every other governmental function, they are either dropping the ball or creating a crisis to capitalize on.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-restore-confidence-in-cdcs-handling-of-case/

I mean, these guys consist of highly decorated PhD's and have state of the art resources, yet they do not have the common sense to find and isolate some of the closest contacts to patient zero? Really? These guys sound like a bunch of morons if you ask me.

But this is why big government doesn't work. Increased funding for various projects or agencies usually translates into added lethargy and incompetence since their mission (increased funding) was already completed.
spot on :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The CDC was one area of government that I thought had a practical and necessary purpose for the public. But here we are again, just like every other governmental function, they are either dropping the ball or creating a crisis to capitalize on.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-restore-confidence-in-cdcs-handling-of-case/

I mean, these guys consist of highly decorated PhD's and have state of the art resources, yet they do not have the common sense to find and isolate some of the closest contacts to patient zero? Really? These guys sound like a bunch of morons if you ask me.

But this is why big government doesn't work. Increased funding for various projects or agencies usually translates into added lethargy and incompetence since their mission (increased funding) was already completed.
:tup: unfortunately theres no accountability in government jobs

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #146
    :tup: unfortunately theres no accountability in government jobs
    There doesn't need to be. They're just spending programs to keep people employed, just like the security theatre economy.

As opposed to the private sector
    Indeed, as the private sector requires profit in order to survive. The government can simply tax, print, or steal.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...la-countries-two-removed-newark-airplane-hamz

It's time to ban these flight arrivals. There was a flight of 500 people that just arrived from Monrovia in New York.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #151
    And how exactly is a private disease control agency going to finance itself?
    If you read my original post, I stated that this issue is something the government should be involved in. It's a matter of national security, really. But it appears that we either don't have a functioning CDC or they are a compromised CDC, so either way, they're a huge waste of money. It's very similar to essentially all areas of our government now; they are completely inept and ass-backwards.

We send in thousands of troops who do not have training in disease containment to these hotzones while allowing flights the other way from impacted markets into the US even when they know you can carry the disease before having symptoms. Needless to say, they have lost their marbles (since they can obviously restrict flights while sending in help via the military).

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    If you read my original post, I stated that this issue is something the government should be involved in. It's a matter of national security, really. But it appears that we either don't have a functioning CDC or they are a compromised CDC, so either way, they're a huge waste of money. It's very similar to essentially all areas of our government now; they are completely inept and ass-backwards.

We send in thousands of troops who do not have training in disease containment to these hotzones while allowing flights the other way from impacted markets into the US even when they know you can carry the disease before having symptoms. Needless to say, they have lost their marbles (since they can obviously restrict flights while sending in help via the military).
    Yup. Agreed.

Though this guy "Jesus" (he sounds like the janitor :rndh:) seems to have it all under control according to the girl.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #155
    Yup. Agreed.

Though this guy "Jesus" (he sounds like the janitor :rndh:) seems to have it all under control according to the girl.
    Well, let's hope so.

Spain Warns "Something Went Wrong" As Suspected Ebola Cases Rise In Madrid

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...-went-wrong-suspected-ebola-cases-rise-madrid

So the nurse was always in full protective gear, yet she still managed to contract the virus. Spanish "officials" have no idea what happened. That sounds like good news as well.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Fucking Nigeria managed to contain Ebola in the slums of Lagos. I really doubt that Ebola will be a serious concern for developed countries lest it mutates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)