Earth at Night (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Yes. South Korean soldiers at the border played the radio as loud as possible towards North Korea during the world cup.

Oh yes, I also heard that they constructed an amusement park at the border, where everyone could see. Problem is, nobody's ever seen any lights turn on or people playing in there. Sort of like that documentary u guys were talking about, where they stage events like people acting all rich and stuff.
:down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I forgot to add, the reason for the South Korean soldiers playing the radio across the North was because North Korea naturally doesn't have any radios, because they make it possible for their citizens to access information about the outside world.

The government didn't want their citizens to know that South Korea was hosting the WC (amazing, isn't it? But it makes sense from their point of view. How bad does North Korea look when people find out that South Korea is hosting the bloody World Cup!?)

They were also worried that Korea's achievements at the World Cup would make people want to move to the South and all that.

btw for those who didn't see me mention it before, my dad's parents are both from North Korea. They didn't know each other when they lived there, but they escaped during the war and met in the South. So I guess that makes me North Korean. Forget any notion of patriotism though; that place is f#@%^d

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Thanks for taking over while I was asleep Gray. :) I'd like to get my hands on that book. Could you post the title and author please, so I can look for it here?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Thanks for taking over while I was asleep Gray. :)
My pleasure ;)

++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I'd like to get my hands on that book. Could you post the title and author please, so I can look for it here?
Eyes of the Tailless Animals, by Soon-Ok Lee

It's actually a Christian book, but that's not the focus of the book. She wasn't a Christian while she was in prison, but later on in the book, she talks about how she saw them die for each other and all that. But yeah, it's mainly an eye-opener to the way North Korea treats its people.

I'm not sure if they'll have it over there. Actually I'll send it over to you guys. It's quite a thin book and i thought it was a tad expensive, but yeah i bought it anyway.

If they don't have it just give us your postal details and i'll have em over in 2 weeks :) Serious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)