Earth at Night (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Really? Even when it's being done reasonably and nobody's claimed offense?

I mean, North Korea aren't going to sue us for libel, are they? ;)

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
Not when its reasonable. But i imagine someone jumping in and it becoming unreasonable.

You know your drawing even more attention to yourself now :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Very neat picture. You'll notice there ain't a lot of activity in Norway which is hardly surprising..
I think that the south of Norway has a lot going on. That Finnmark is dark is a given. ;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Finnmark? Have Denmark and Finnland merged? If so, are they going to invade? Have they set a date? Will someone please think of the children?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
:howler:

Sally - I for one am glad the Americans don't always mind their own business. If they did, I'd speak German now.
So would I! Yay! No more linguistic problems for Erik to hide behind! :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Finnmark? Have Denmark and Finnland merged? If so, are they going to invade? Have they set a date? Will someone please think of the children?
:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Awesome picture! :thumb:

Looks like you Europeans are gonna start overflowing into the sea in a couple of decades :D

BTW, stayin on y'all's topic, I also think that Bush should mind his own beezwacks.

Does Iraq look like it's in better shape now? before, it was organized chaos with Saddam. now it's just chaos.

I agree that the N. Koreans are in bad shape, but for things to change for the better, the people themselves (not my Nosey government) should start a revolution when THE people are ready so things can get back together and they can help themselves.

I believe that things work out naturaly.

The region is terrible. NO INVASION WILL HELP. Syria, Jordan and all these countries were divided post WW1 by European powers. these powers left, and these places aren't getting any better.

BTW, i call it invasion because DO YOU NAIVE PEOPLE REALLY THINK THAT SUPER POWERFUL COUNTRIES INVADE A COUNTRY FOR HUMANITARIAN REASON??!? OF COURSE NOT!
otherwise, The USA would have been setting things straight in AFRICA. They would save a few million more lives if Bush helped africa than they would with the same budget for Iraq.

It's all frikin political.

I'm proud to be American, but when i see our foreign policy, I bow my head in shame.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
But maybe in some years time it will prove to have been the right decision. Things never work out instantly and according to plan when wars are involved. Iraq can be a great place in the future now, at least it has a chance.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Looks like you Europeans are gonna start overflowing into the sea in a couple of decades :D
That, or you non-Europeans need to stop living in the dark. There's only 450,000,000 of us, and 5,550,000,000 of you.:)

BTW, stayin on y'all's topic, I also think that Bush should mind his own beezwacks.

Does Iraq look like it's in better shape now? before, it was organized chaos with Saddam. now it's just chaos.
straight in AFRICA. They would save a few millio
...The region is terrible. NO INVASION WILL HELP. Syria, Jordan and all these countries were divided post WW1 by European powers. these powers left, and these places aren't getting any better.

...BTW, i call it invasion because DO YOU NAIVE PEOPLE REALLY THINK THAT SUPER POWERFUL COUNTRIES INVADE A COUNTRY FOR HUMANITARIAN REASON??!? OF COURSE NOT!
otherwise, The USA would have been setting things n more lives if Bush helped africa than they would with the same budget for Iraq.
Okay, this is a slightly tangental issue, but an important one none-the-less. Firstly, the USA's motives aren't really in question here. When Republican committees churn out lines suggesting the invasion of Iraq "to secure strategic oil reserves" as early as the mid-ninties, I can't see humanitarianism as their top priority.

That isn't important. It's the effects that matter, not the cause or the motivation of those involved. Yes, Afganistan (which the US has allocated an aid budget this year of approximately $3.95, give or take a few dollers - and no, I'm not missing an 'm', or a 'b') is a mangled wreck, and Iraq is currently being steered into a hole they'll spend the next century climbing out of, but I didn't, and don't agree with the invasion of either country.

Britain already screwed up Iraq when they carved it up in the first place. Look at Iraq on a map. Its borders are straight as an arrow, adn it's not a coincidence - Iraq is an artificial state, made up of a number of distinct ethnic groups. With Sadam gone, these groups should be seperated, but instead they'll get lumped in together and probably wind up beating the hell out of eachother again.

Now look at North and South Korea. Again, we have an artificial state, but this time it's one ethnic group that's split in two. Unification of the states is natural. While we're at it, Gray, do you have anything to add on this - you're from S. Korea, right?

The second thing to note is that South Korea is rich. In other words, you have a big source of money to rebuild the North if they're reunited (which, as far as I know, is why the south prefer things as they are(!)). A prosperous country is rarely a problem in these days. I'd also referance the reunification of Germany here.

I agree that the N. Koreans are in bad shape, but for things to change for the better, the people themselves (not my Nosey government) should start a revolution when THE people are ready so things can get back together and they can help themselves.

I believe that things work out naturaly.

I'm proud to be American, but when i see our foreign policy, I bow my head in shame.
I don't think they can work out naturally, at least not for a long time. The people of North Korea are kept in ignorance, and feat of the outside world. Ignorant people won't rise up. There's one guy (a Korean, I can't remember from which side), working from Japan, who'se been flying radios into N. Korea for a few years now, in the hope that they'll help these people find out the truth.

The ruling party there accused Bush of threatening a nuclear first strike on the country. They're quite open about the fact that they're producing weapons-grade plutonium, and it's estimated that they have enough for 6-8 bombs big enough to take out a decent-sized city.

It's great that you think your government is wrong. North Koreans don't have that luxery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)