Dušan Vlahović - ST - Fiorentina (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
type in Locatelli, Madrid into google. Ancelotti would’ve for sure wanted him. You really believe only Arsenal wanted him? The reason more clubs weren’t involved is because he had his mind made up and it was Juve and only Juve. Atletico was another club he reportedly turned down. Italians don’t leave Italy unless they have to, especially not if Juve wants them. Vlahovic could be another guy that just wants to stay in Italy. The rumor is he already has an agreement with a club.
Just did, there is absolutely nothing but Facebook level rumours. Neither Romano nor Agresti nor Di Marzio ever said anything serious about Locatelli to any other club besides Arsenal and Juventus.

More clubs weren't involved because not many clubs needed a player like him. RM have Casemiro, City Rodri, Bayern Kimmich, Chelsea Jorginho, Liverpool Fabinho.

The hype around Locatelli and Vlahović, or any midfielder vs a top striker will never be the same. Clubs like RM or City or Bayern don't care about that shit, they come and convince the player. If you think the level of interest, pressure and money thrown around for Dušan will be anywhere near a small club talented DM I have news for you.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Then how did we sign Chiesa Fiorentina will sell him to the club Vlahovic wants to join as he has only 18 months on his contract Cherubini needs to act fast and set up a meeting with Fiorentina
yeah if Vlahovic has his mind set on Juve like Chiesa and Loca did they don’t really have a choice. Sell to Juve or lose him for nothing. We’ll see how much he wants to join Juve though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just did, there is absolutely nothing but Facebook level rumours. Neither Romano nor Agresti nor Di Marzio ever said anything serious about Locatelli to any other club besides Arsenal and Juventus.

More clubs weren't involved because not many clubs needed a player like him. RM have Casemiro, City Rodri, Bayern Kimmich, Chelsea Jorginho, Liverpool Fabinho.

The hype around Locatelli and Vlahović, or any midfielder vs a top striker will never be the same. Clubs like RM or City or Bayern don't care about that shit, they come and convince the player. If you think the level of interest, pressure and money thrown around for Dušan will be anywhere near a small club talented DM I have news for you.
honestly, just shut up. You talk too much bullshit. I remember when you were trying to convince people Juve had a chance at Haaland LOL

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Yes, what is the point of that?

I wrote that at a moment where Allegri just came back, we still had Ronaldo who is a big draw and we didn't know the extent of damage done to Juventus finances.

Where did I for a second suggest Haaland will hold out the aforementioned clubs just to come here?

Even then I specifically said we need to put ourselves in a position where he would want to come i.e. win the league, challenge for CL etc. When we were in such a position we beat others for De Ligt. We are not anymore.

As an aside - De Ligt is a perfect example of what I am talking about when I say clubs come and convince a player. It was widely known that Barca were his preferred, ideal club, he wanted them. Then Juventus comes in and offers him more money and he comes here. Same thing happened with Wijnaldum-Barca-PSG. PSG almost did it with De Jong too, he changed his mind when Barca offered more money.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Yes, what is the point of that?

I wrote that at a moment where Allegri just came back, we still had Ronaldo who is a big draw and we didn't know the extent of damage done to Juventus finances.

Where did I for a second suggest Haaland will hold out the aforementioned clubs just to come here?

Even then I specifically said we need to put ourselves in a position where he would want to come i.e. win the league, challenge for CL etc. When we were in such a position we beat others for De Ligt. We are not anymore.

As an aside - De Ligt is a perfect example of what I am talking about when I say clubs come and convince a player. It was widely known that Barca were his preferred, ideal club, he wanted them. Then Juventus comes in and offers him more money and he comes. Same thing happened with Wijnaldum-Barca-PSG. PSG almost did it with De Jong too, he changed his mind when Barca offered more money.
EC4D58A7-12DA-4971-8F69-65ED034921E2.jpeg

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Thank you, that is very useful.

For some reason you are very hostile, is it still the Chiesa on the left thing?

Anyway, just to make it clear, I do not think it is impossible we sign Vlahović. We do have a chance ofc if some things go right, I just don't think he will say no to City or Liverpool or Bayern if they come calling after missing out on Haaland just because he loves Juve so much

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Thank you, that is very useful.

For some reason you are very hostile, is it still the Chiesa on the left thing?

Anyway, just to make it clear, I do not think it is impossible we sign Vlahović. We do have a chance ofc if some things go right, I just don't think he will say no to City or Liverpool or Bayern if they come calling after missing out on Haaland just because he loves Juve so much
im not hostile, I just don’t want the guy that thought Haaland (+Ronaldo?) was a possibility telling me (or anyone) theyre living in a fantasy world.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
im not hostile, I just don’t want the guy that thought Haaland (+Ronaldo?) was a possibility telling me (or anyone) theyre living in a fantasy world.
I think I explained pretty well what I meant by that. If I knew then what I know now I would not have said the same thing. You know, change and adjust according to factual information, not blindly keep saying the same thing?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think I explained pretty well what I meant by that. If I knew then what I know now I would not have said the same thing. You know, change and adjust according to factual information, not blindly keep saying the same thing?
Juve are in a better position now, especially to make a big financial commitment, than they were when you said that but ok sure thing bud.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Juve are in a better position now, especially to make a big financial commitment, than they were when you said that but ok sure thing bud.
Sure, they saved a lot on wages from Ronaldo and will some more with players leaving on free this summer. Finances are not the only point though. (Which btw those clubs have also, much more than Juve I might add)

In sporting sense we're worse, way worse. And we have other positions to take care of. And we have previously made commitments, and Vlahović will be a top 3 most sought after player, and City or PSG won't fuck around with a loan+option to buy. They have the money, they're not Juventus (Commisso) and they have a more appealing sporting project going on

All valid factors which you're ignoring because someone some time ago said Vlahović was a Juve fan as a child and he will reject all the other clubs just to come here. And you tell me to stop acting like I am in management lol

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
In sporting sense we're worse, way worse. And we have other positions to take care of
How are Juve way worse now than in June? The standings? They finished fourth last season. They’re tied for fifth now, but the season doesn’t end in November, shit it doesn’t even really start until January. The defense has stabilized, something that never happened last season. That alone significantly improves their prospects. They also added Locatelli in August. They will also add one of the best young mids in serie A after the season in Rovella. Their biggest need is someone like Vlahovic, and it’s much more reasonable financially now without the anchor that is Ronaldo.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
How are Juve way worse now than in June? The standings? They finished fourth last season. They’re tied for fifth now, but the season doesn’t end in November, shit it doesn’t even really start until January. The defense has stabilized, something that never happened last season. That alone significantly improves their prospects. They also added Locatelli in August. They will also add one of the best young mids in serie A after the season in Rovella. Their biggest need is someone like Vlahovic, and it’s much more reasonable financially now without the anchor that is Ronaldo.
In June everyone just assumed we will get Locatelli, Allegri came back, Ronaldo is here, we're back where we were when Max left. The hit we took with CR leaving, midfield being even more shit than expected, our results so far and generally the reputation and perception are much lower IMO.

I don't think it's at the level where players would refuse coming because we're sinking or whatever, and we can still make up ground from now on, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect we have an equal chance to sign players of this level, money, hype etc. because they like us when City, PSG, RM come and drop the cash.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
In June everyone just assumed we will get Locatelli, Allegri came back, Ronaldo is here, we're back where we were when Max left. The hit we took with CR leaving, midfield being even more shit than expected, our results so far and generally the reputation and perception are much lower IMO.

I don't think it's at the level where players would refuse coming because we're sinking or whatever, and we can still make up ground from now on, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect we have an equal chance to sign players of this level, money, hype etc. because they like us when City, PSG, RM come and drop the cash.
There are rumours that he doesn't want to leave Italy with taxation exemption and as you said he is supposed to be a fan of juve or supported them I don't think there is a better time with haaland Mbappe and Vlahovic all potentially great striker with uncertain futures

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
There are rumours that he doesn't want to leave Italy with taxation exemption and as you said he is supposed to be a fan of juve or supported them I don't think there is a better time with haaland Mbappe and Vlahovic all potentially great striker with uncertain futures
I definitely think we have a chance, no doubt, I just don't think he will hold out for long à la Locatelli. He will have bigger clubs with more money and better perceived future ahead than Manuel had.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I definitely think we have a chance, no doubt, I just don't think he will hold out for long à la Locatelli. He will have bigger clubs with more money and better perceived future ahead than Manuel had.
Yes with teams offering champions league football who is in the race right now as I said before haaland Mbappe and Vlahovic are all potentially available so it will boil down to their personal preference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)