Dušan Vlahović - ST - Fiorentina (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Current era Bello di Notte Morata is a 15 goal league striker, and even if Kean takes a step up he still won't be a top striker. Minds will change quickly halfway through the season (or on a game by game basis) whether we'll need to invest more in a striker or not.

Going for incremental changes in midfield (from Khedira to Can to Ram n Rab) on free with high salaries is exactly what got us in this mess. That's what we all complain about. And then wanting the continuation of that makes no sense. I don't get it.

Vlahovic and Tchouameni type signings look obtainable, and we'll prolly ignore the left again.

We need a Tchouameni type mid before a mezzala. Don't have room for both, won't be able to get rid of all the unwanted mids.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well if we conclude from the comments about Alvaro a lot of tuzzers does all the time, you would think he's next to Amauri, Bendtner, Osvaldo, Anelka; so of course, Vlahovic is head and shoulders better than Morty
Morty isnt that bad (although he isnt that great either). Vlahovic has been on a constant growth on the past 3 years (or even more, didnt watch him before). Vlahovic is way more of a threat on goal and is more likely to score a goal.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Morty isnt that bad (although he isnt that great either). Vlahovic has been on a constant growth on the past 3 years (or even more, didnt watch him before). Vlahovic is way more of a threat on goal and is more likely to score a goal.
It was sarcasm. Vlahovic is interesting for sure but Morty is so underrate it in Tuz

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Is there a current consensus that Vlahovic is better than Morata?
Vlahovic has the potential to be much better than morata but time will tell. For vlahovic should be a priority. He would be much better suited to the CF role for us. Imagine Vlahovic with chiesa?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Vlahovic has the potential to be much better than morata but time will tell. For vlahovic should be a priority. He would be much better suited to the CF role for us. Imagine Vlahovic with chiesa?
Im pretty sure they played together before..

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He would struggle just like everyone else is. We are not functioning as a team yet no youngster is going to carry this team on his shoulders. Heck even Ronaldo couldnt despite scoring nearly every game last season.

We need a proper system in place that brings the best out of the majority of the players and then we can replace the few ones who don't fit that system. At the moment anyone who joins will have incredible pressure on them and will under perform because the team isn't functioning. I am not against signing him but if we are on limited funds then I'd rather bring players that a system can be built around rather than just one more goal scorer.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Is there a current consensus that Vlahovic is better than Morata?
If Vlahovic confirms first half of this season what he did last year, he's a better Serial A striker than Morata.

Morata is excellent in CL and big games (in space and on counter). Don't know about Vlahovic being better than Morata there.

We should have both ideally. What we spent on Morata in loan fees are sunk costs. 35m represents good value even in covid market I think. His market value must be higher than that. Wouldn't be a bad exception to our buy young with resale value rule now at all.

Whether we can afford both financially and in terms of squad space (Kean is there too for CF and that Brazilian kid), I don't know. If Morata can play LWF/#11 role too, then yes.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Will take more than one breakout season to convince me (remember Berardi? Belotti?) he can cut it at the top level. Morata isnt amazing but he has had many good seasons, has played for multiple top teams and is about to enter his peak years. If Dybala is reactivated and Morata repeats last season's form then we should invest elsewhere

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If Vlahovic confirms first half of this season what he did last year, he's a better Serial A striker than Morata.
Morata is excellent in CL and big games (in space and on counter). Don't know about Vlahovic being better than Morata there.
I find it ridiculous when people differentiate between League and UCL player performances as if they're somehow different sports. If you're a good player, you're good in both.

For me, until Vlahovic produce a second stellar season at Fiorentina, he can lace Morata's boots for now. He's done shit all so far to reach Alvaro's level. I've seen a lot of Piateks and Amauris to know better.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Will take more than one breakout season to convince me (remember Berardi? Belotti?) he can cut it at the top level. Morata isnt amazing but he has had many good seasons, has played for multiple top teams and is about to enter his peak years. If Dybala is reactivated and Morata repeats last season's form then we should invest elsewhere
Both European Champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)