Drivers beware! Italian cops get speedy wheels (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ROME - Speeding motorists on Italian highways may find themselves being chased by a Lamborghini sports car with a flashing blue light.

Italian police took possession Friday of a sleek, 500 horsepower, two-seater Lamborghini Gallardo, which can hit a top speed of 185 mph.

The sports car, painted in the police’s distinctive blue and white colors, comes complete with a flashing blue light on the roof and will initially patrol the Salerno-Reggio Calabria freeway — a road notorious in Italy for wild driving.

The Lamborghini will also be used to transport human organs for emergency operations.

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
A 150 mph on a European highway? :D
why not? I thot european highway are all made so straight and wide that there is no speed limit atached to it... at least in German i heard they do it that way....

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
In Germany they have these great public polygones, where you can do with your car whatever you want! I also heard they have no speed limit on the autobahns...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
why not? I thot european highway are all made so straight and wide that there is no speed limit atached to it... at least in German i heard they do it that way....
They are straight and wide, yes. They are also exceedingly crowded - don't forget that Europe is the most densely populated continent on earth! There's no way you could reach 150mph, seeing as speeders already have to zig-zag in between all the other cars. 120mph really is the absolute maximum, unless you're driving in the middle of the night or something but there are hardly any police around at that time either.

Only Germany doesn't have a speed limit on the Autobahn - the rest of Europe does. But still then you can't go extremely fast. Too crowded again.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Something tells me this is not a good idea.. :D

€50 on it being stolen by next week, who's in? ;)
why not. 50 extra that it will be stolen by lithuanians. unless balky calls his comrads faster than i will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)