Douglas Costa (23 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Bayern will develop the player for us and they don't even have an option to buy him LOL
#winning :fab2:
They're supposed to fix his injuries and pay his salary. 'member his first season after Bayern when he wasn't injured thoughtout the year. Something like that or somebody decide to buy him after Bayern 'develop' him lol.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So you think Bayern are crazy?
I think this is not a good transfer for them because he is literally unplayable 70% of the season.

So yeh, maybe someone there went nuts. if they have followed Juve´s Costa, i cant see a single reason for them to go for a player THEY dispatched to us because of injuries.

yes is a dry loan, but his salary is no joke. I dont see the reason to dump money into a player who cant stay fit...when you can go for a cheaper option who can at the very least serve you when you need him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If he gets injury free lol. Didn't you learn after years with Costa, Khedira and De Sciglio?
Don't other clubs when take the risk? They are aware of it, just as I am. They are paying for his wages, which aren't tiny, and are willing to take the reward.

I'm not saying I'm crying over Costa. I think he's great and can add a lot to the team but his injuries are horrible. But paying for him and then sending him out on a dry loan is just horrible. Two times horrible actually.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
People talk like we have the Einsteins of football in our current squad :lol:

If you exclude Ronaldo MAYBE we're left with Dybala and Arthur (that's yet to be seen) as above average intelligent players.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
What rewards ? the guy has no end product and is just brainless.
Sadly true

You would think bringing him on would add an element of dynamism and creative edge out wide. Too bad we only caught brief glimpses during his short, injury plagued time here.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus the wheels really came off after that spitting incident in Sept/Oct 2018

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good riddance, all speed no end product.
What rewards ? the guy has no end product and is just brainless.
On average last season in Serie A Douglas Costa scored or assisted every 132 minutes that he played.

On average last season in Serie A Chiesa scored or assisted every 139 minutes that he played.

I appreciate that stats don't always tell the full story, but to claim that he is some headless chicken with no end product is nonsense.

The issue was always that he is extremely injury prone and cannot be relied upon. For 6m a season he didn't play enough and it seemed it was time to go, especially with the new system.

Bayern have got a good deal with little risk.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
On average last season in Serie A Douglas Costa scored or assisted every 132 minutes that he played.

On average last season in Serie A Chiesa scored or assisted every 139 minutes that he played.

I appreciate that stats don't always tell the full story, but to claim that he is some headless chicken with no end product is nonsense.

The issue was always that he is extremely injury prone and cannot be relied upon. For 6m a season he didn't play enough and it seemed it was time to go, especially with the new system.

Bayern have got a good deal with little risk.
What? Costa had 1 goal and 5 assists in 23 matches in serie a last year while chiesa had 10 goals and 9 assist in 34 matches now lets factor in the fact chiesa plays for a rubbish team with poor strikers and costa plays alongside ronaldo and dybala to finsh stuff he stats look really shit and was even worse the previous year.

Allegris last year he had 1 goal and 1 assist in 25 matches all together so tell me where this great end product is ?

Costa is also well into he's 30s and fulll peak while chiesa is very young and barely reached he's peak level yet.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
What? Costa had 1 goal and 5 assists in 23 matches in serie a last year while chiesa had 10 goals and 9 assist in 34 matches now lets factor in the fact chisea plays for a rubbish team with poor strikers and costa plays alongside ronaldo and dybala to finsh stuff he stats look really shit and was even worse the previous year.

Costa is also well into he's 30s and fulll peak while chiesa is very young and barely reached he's peak level yet.
Look at the minutes played not the number of matches. Costa was rarely a starter as often coming off injuries.

You could argue Costa was playing a completely inefficient Juve side under Sarri that created little chances, that he was often coming off injuries so not at full speed and that Chiesa was the focal point of his team unlike Costa.

As I said stats don't tell the whole story but to suggest he is all speed no end product is nonsense.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Look at the minutes played not the number of matches. Costa was rarely a starter as often coming off injuries.

You could argue Costa was playing a completely inefficient Juve side under Sarri that created little chances, that he was often coming off injuries so not at full speed and that Chiesa was the focal point of his team unlike Costa.

As I said stats don't tell the whole story but to suggest he is all speed no end product is nonsense.
Allegris last season he had 1 goal and one assist in 25 matches where is this great end product ? thats 2 seasons with little end product. You could use that Sarri excuse for the rest of team too Ronaldo and Dybala still had good end product under sarri. The fact he only last 20 mins a match against tired legs is no one else fault but himself.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Allegris last season he had 1 goal and one assist in 25 matches where is this great end product ?
Season before that he had 4 goals and 12 assists. A goal and assist every 111.9 minutes, pretty impressive. Far better than both Chiesa and Costa last year.

His issue is that he is always coming off injuries and needs time to get back to speed. In the season you noted he played only 618 minutes. He was injured for 15 games and suspended for 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)