Douglas Costa (39 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Still a great player
The idea of him is, that he can play multiple games and he's always there to use. "When he's fit". When's he fit? It's annoying but also life with many fast players.

In reality it's like buying something really expensive and leaving it in the box on the shelf and just picking it up and looking at it every now and then.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:sad: :sigh: Gotta go. He's devastating when in form, but he's never fit or healthy enough for that to happen. We can't rely on him, and I don't really know whose fault that is. The player? The disgusting physios? Our incompetent coach? :boh:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I like Costa but the system Sarri is using him in is pointless.

Look at his stats throughout his career he is far more effective on the left. His role tonight was bizarre, I'm not sure whether he just didn't understand it or Sarri misread how it would work. He provided no cover defensively for Cuadrado and rarely exploited the space that was behind their centre mids. The one time he did he hit the bar.

If we want to get the best out of him it is on the left. I'd like to see an adjusted 4-3-3 with Costa on the left Ronaldo more central and Dybala central/right. Cuadrado could give the width down the right from RB and Bentancur cover behind him.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
So talented but too injury prone I agree. Plenty of promising young players with American football get cut for not being able to suit up on Sunday. Only so much patience can be shown and have no more for Costa. If he goes somewhere else and plays great, good for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)