Douglas Costa (45 Viewers)

skyshard

Oct 2, 2018
Contary to what said above, Costa is partially useless when comes at 60+, because no one is able to support his actions at that time. Remember what he did in Madrid last yaer playing from the start.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
When he is on it's a pure joy to watch
Yeah but its not why I always say he is underrated. Look at him on the pitch - He cant be dismantle easily and we dont have too many players like him..
If he could improve his decisiveness he would be a monster! Just look at his Ajax solo which ended with the post..

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The major issue with playing both Berna and DC, while i absolutely love both, is that we lose our long ball treat.

When ManBro is on, either Ronaldo or Manbro can be reached so the opponent cant doublemark them. We saw this against Athletico gaydrid when ManBro was domminated by one CB, but because of this only 1 was marking GOD, so GOD won like most of the duels and we stretched them as fuck.

We really need to keep that in out play. This is what i like about Kean. Quick, agile, strong. Can also be used as a secondary target to quickly play forward too.

Now with Costa and Berna, we need our midfield and CB's to really step it up with their accuracy. Quick long ball, not good enoguh. Needs great movement and precise long passes to Ronny or into feet of the two wide players. Thats significantly harder to do so, if you also want them not to be freeflow, but in a tactical system.

Which is why i liked the switch from Manbro to speed. But if DC returns to his goddamn expected good form, then Allegri will have to solve this.

But people largely underestimate our ability to play vertical passes with players like cancelo, Can, Benta, DC, GOD or berna running around it

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I would be interested to see Bernardeschi and D. Costa on the field at the same time with Ronaldo as CF.
Me too. I hope Max starts Costa if he plays. If Max wants to use him as a sub, then mostly likely down 1-0. Play to win and get as much out of him as possibly and sub him out when he's out of gas. Hopefully be up 1-0 or better yet Juve has 2 goals when DC exits.

:jflag:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
The major issue with playing both Berna and DC, while i absolutely love both, is that we lose our long ball treat.

When ManBro is on, either Ronaldo or Manbro can be reached so the opponent cant doublemark them. We saw this against Athletico gaydrid when ManBro was domminated by one CB, but because of this only 1 was marking GOD, so GOD won like most of the duels and we stretched them as fuck.

We really need to keep that in out play. This is what i like about Kean. Quick, agile, strong. Can also be used as a secondary target to quickly play forward too.

Now with Costa and Berna, we need our midfield and CB's to really step it up with their accuracy. Quick long ball, not good enoguh. Needs great movement and precise long passes to Ronny or into feet of the two wide players. Thats significantly harder to do so, if you also want them not to be freeflow, but in a tactical system.

Which is why i liked the switch from Manbro to speed. But if DC returns to his goddamn expected good form, then Allegri will have to solve this.

But people largely underestimate our ability to play vertical passes with players like cancelo, Can, Benta, DC, GOD or berna running around it
How about we dont play with long balls. Most of long balls actually go to waste and we create shit. Did you see Arsenal’s first goal vs Napoli? We have all what it takes to play horizontal balls and score goals.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Although playing vertical passes is indeed significantly harder than playing long balls, if you master it, your ceiling is a lot higher than the ceiling of a long ball team.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ronaldo has scored tons of goals throughout his career, in different setups. He doesnt need a useless Mandzukic to function. He has never looked as frustrated as he does now, his entire career. What he needs is a team who can hold on to the ball, run and create chances and space. Costa, Kean, Dybala. All of them would be an improvement. Berna is also not untouchable, atleast not for 90 min. We should rotate much more in attack, we got amazing depth. Allegri must work harder to figure out some attacking patterns and use our strengths.
Ronaldo almost always looked like a inferior version of himself (which is "just" WC instead of a goat) when playing the central striker role himself.

But against Ajax, wingers are big weapons, and they can create space for Ronaldo too. So, my guess is it'll be a rare instance where we'd be better off with Ronaldo at CF.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I would be interested to see Bernardeschi and D. Costa on the field at the same time with Ronaldo as CF.
Thing about Costa is that he doesn't have 90 minutes in him and he's best when called up to torment tired defenders.
Tho he did start at Bernabeu last year and did well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)