Douglas Costa (106 Viewers)

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Most of the forum loves Cuadrado. When he gets off form he can be frustrating, but he works so hard and contributes regardless. I love watching him play.

Costa, on the other hand, is pretty much a turd when he's not in form, like this entire season.
Costa is very frustrating when he is a turd, agree on that. But I see him as one of our only hopes, if we are to step up our game and threaten the big teams in CL. Simply because he has such a high top level, where he is unplayable. We need 4 of Costa, Cancelo, Sandro, Berna and Cuadrado (although I am very worried about this shitty injury at this time in his career), all in form, raping the flanks. Thats our main strength.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I see the sauna boys have a new scapegoat to blame for the shitty football. I certainly enjoyed the free flowing attacking football last night until Costa came in and ruined it all.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I see the sauna boys have a new scapegoat to blame for the shitty football. I certainly enjoyed the free flowing attacking football last night until Costa came in and ruined it all.
Not a scapegoat. Nah. Just another massively underperforming player for months now.

Like Pjanic.

Two most disappointing players this year, based on my expectations for them.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Not a scapegoat. Nah. Just another massively underperforming player for months now.

Like Pjanic.

Two most disappointing players this year, based on my expectations for them.
Welll that we can agree on. The whole team just look incredibly shitty at the moment, but with last season in mind and the outstanding performances of Pjanic in the first half of the season and Costa second half of the season, I see your point. Dont think selling our most high potential players, when ever they hit a slump is the answer though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Welll that we can agree on. The whole team just look incredibly shitty at the moment, but with last season in mind and the outstanding performances of Pjanic in the first half of the season and Costa second half of the season, I see your point. Dont think selling our most high potential players, when ever they hit a slump is the answer though.
:tup:

I’m mostly just messing around with the selling of various players. It seems obvious that our team will be at its best if we get the Costa, Dybala, Pjanic firing on all cylinders, regardless of how inconsistent they can be at times. Hopefully Max can figure something out in the next 3 weeks, or this season is going to be a huge disappointment.

Though I must confess I’d be oftly tempted to use him to get Chiesa and a top CM like Ndombele. Young Italians with Chiesa kind of potential are pretty rare lately.

I’m curious about our finances and if we have to sell someone this summer in order to fix the mess that’s been made of our midfield over the last 3 years.

Signing Ndombele+De Ligt+Chiesa, for example would be fantastic, but it would cost a ton.

I worry that our summer Mercato is going to be something like Chiesa+Romero+Tonali+Ramsey with a sale... and that really doesn’t fix CM or CB adequately.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
:tup:

I’m mostly just messing around with the selling of various players. It seems obvious that our team will be at its best if we get the Costa, Dybala, Pjanic firing on all cylinders, regardless of how inconsistent they can be at times. Hopefully Max can figure something out in the next 3 weeks, or this season is going to be a huge disappointment.

Though I must confess I’d be oftly tempted to use him to get Chiesa and a top CM like Ndombele. Young Italians with Chiesa kind of potential are pretty rare lately.

I’m curious about our finances and if we have to sell someone this summer in order to fix the mess that’s been made of our midfield over the last 3 years.

Signing Ndombele+De Ligt+Chiesa, for example would be fantastic, but it would cost a ton.

I worry that our summer Mercato is going to be something like Chiesa+Romero+Tonali+Ramsey with a sale... and that really doesn’t fix CM or CB adequately.
Every player has a price and considering Costa is 29 this summer and his biggest attribut is his speed, we should consider it if the right bid comes along.
We have a 35 year old defender, who is crucial for our defense. A 34 year old Ronaldo who is crucial for our attack and a 33 year old Mandzu, who is crucial for getting the best out of Ronaldo. With the mess in midfield, I think it is save to say that we are going to invest massively in the coming years to stay competitive and that also means cashing in on players who could be expendable.
I really like Chiesa, but for me he falls into the same role as Bernardeschi for example. A player who works hard, offers defensive cover, while being able to be somewhat productive. A balance player in attack, who is god enough to be part of the team as long as there are more talented players around him, but not good enough to be the Star player. As long as he has a role as Callejon in Napoli, Pedro in Barcelona etc. He could be a good player for Juve, but if you expect him to be the main man, he will fail big time.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Chiesa doesn't need to be the main man. We have Dybala and Ronaldo. One thing is for sure, Chiesa looks much better than Costa. Outscored him last season as a 20yo playing in Fiorentina, or this season when it's 5 vs 1 goal, even 2 seasons ago as a 19yo scored 3 and Costa at Bayern only scored 4.

Douglas has a terrible shot, playing him inverted on the right is a waste of everyone's time. His best is on the left as a creator and we have a GOAT LW already on the team. Better to cash in on a 29yo speedster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)