Douglas Costa (72 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
‘Ronaldo can take Juve to next level’
By Football Italia staff

Douglas Costa believes Cristiano Ronaldo ‘can take Juventus to the next level’, while Max Allegri ‘has made me more complete’.

Juve pulled off the summer’s biggest transfer by bringing in Ronaldo from Real Madrid, while Costa flourished under Allegri’s command in his first season as a Bianconero.

“I think Juventus know how to win a player over,“ the winger told ItalianFootballTV.

“Once a player makes a decision and the deal is closed, the club treat them as a member of the family.

“I think the Juventus family are most important, It’s a world where I’ve learned to live. Allegri’s a Coach with a great passion for the defensive side of the game[unattractive football] and, for me, it was really important because I’m a player used to going forward a lot and, working on the defensive side, it’s made me a more complete player.[attacking players can learn to defend?] He’s played an important role in my career.

“Ronaldo to Juve? I think Ronaldo was already at a high level, but he really wanted to take another step to enhance his status. I think CR7 has everything to take us to the next level and do important things this season.

“Ronaldo is a really important player, but we also have Dybala and other important players. I’ve played with Neymar, so it’s not totally new for me to play with someone at [Ronaldo’s] level.

Everyone has welcomed him and we know how much he can improve us. We can’t hide it, it’s clear.
Also part of this interview:

"I think Serie A is a league very different from the others. It's a league that requires a bit of time. I needed six months to reach my best - and this year has everything to be an important year. After one year of adaptation, I think it will be a better season."

He's going to be a beast this season, I'm so excited :weee:

Apr 19, 2007
Also part of this interview:

"I think Serie A is a league very different from the others. It's a league that requires a bit of time. I needed six months to reach my best - and this year has everything to be an important year. After one year of adaptation, I think it will be a better season."

He's going to be a beast this season, I'm so excited :weee:
Yes he will. How many assists will he have this season!!!!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Unless he's carrying an injury, there isn't one reason to explain not starting him in any game.
He got injured at the World Cup and is coming back to full fitness.

We see little bits, a player for 20 mins or so and then make up our minds based on that. The physios and coaches see the player all week and make the calls. Personally I get terrified when such pacey and skillful players get muscular injuries, better to be safe than sorry because he's very important. I also think Dybala isn't in that great shape, at least from Allegri's post-match comments.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He got injured at the World Cup and is coming back to full fitness.

We see little bits, a player for 20 mins or so and then make up our minds based on that. The physios and coaches see the player all week and make the calls. Personally I get terrified when such pacey and skillful players get muscular injuries, better to be safe than sorry because he's very important. I also think Dybala isn't in that great shape, at least from Allegri's post-match comments.
I agree about Dybala, he seems like he's a bit out of shape (Still a better option than Bernardeschi though). But DC had a minor muscular injury and recovered during the WC, went into vacation and trained for 3 weeks in pre-season without any problems. I think Allegri's decision to bench him was considered a 'tactical' one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)