Douglas Costa (34 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
That was a fantastic deal for Bayern, but an outlier in the market today.

Players like Oxlade-Chamberlain and Drinkwater also moved for 40-45 ME in the summer. By those standards, Costa was a bargain.
We got robbed. Beppe should've pushed for James, he's the #10 we needed and play Dybala as striker, but now we have a whole bunch of wingers and a striker that can't receive crosses

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We got robbed. Beppe should've pushed for James, he's the #10 we needed and play Dybala as striker, but now we have a whole bunch of wingers and a striker that can't receive crosses
James only accepted Bayern. Carlo helped.

He rejected epl clubs let alone us.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a fantastic deal for Bayern, but an outlier in the market today.

Players like Oxlade-Chamberlain and Drinkwater also moved for 40-45 ME in the summer. By those standards, Costa was a bargain.
Pretty much every brit player means automatic +15 m pricetag.

They overpay everything there.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I think that James specifically wanted to go to Bayern because of Ancelotti.

James would have been a dream signing, but that doesn’t mean Costa isn’t a good signing. He offers something different that none of our other attackers do.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I think that James specifically wanted to go to Bayern because of Ancelotti.

James would have been a dream signing, but that doesn’t mean Costa isn’t a good signing. He offers something different that none of our other players do.
I like Costa nonetheless, want him to be GOAT of winger while here

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Now that dybala is injured allegri should be using costa as much as possible. Give him a handful of starts so he can prove himself. Berna should get the same chances as well.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
]James only accepted Bayern. Carlo helped.[/B]

He rejected epl clubs let alone us.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much every brit player means automatic +15 m pricetag.

They overpay everything there.
True about James and Carlo. When Carlo was sacked there were speculations in the media about an early departure, but Jupp helped him settle in. James has praised Jupp on many occasions, and said that him (Jupp) speaking fluent spanish also helped him a lot, so he knew exaclty what he wanted from him.

In general I think Jupp gets the best out of players, be it from the all areas on the pitch. A brilliant coach.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Still waiting for him to cut in onto his left and curl in a goal. That is the only reason he should play on the right rather than left wing. Of course, it depends on whether Mandzukic or Bernardeschi plays but you know what I'm getting at.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Costa has never been a prolific goalscorer at any point in his career. It doesn’t matter if he plays on the left or the right, he doesn’t score that many goals.

Costa has 57 goals but 78 assists. He’s better at creating goals than scoring them. That’s why he should play on the left.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Costa has never been a prolific goalscorer at any point in his career. It doesn’t matter if he plays on the left or the right, he doesn’t score that many goals.

Costa has 57 goals but 78 assists. He’s better at creating goals than scoring them. That’s why he should play on the left.
He's created multiple goals from the right this year. He crosses well from that side also. The advantage of playing him on the right is he has a good cross with his right foot too, plus can cut in and shoot with his left. It makes him harder to defend given more unpredictability as to what he can and will do.

Unfortunately we are overloaded with left foot dominant players, and Bernadeschi is definitely either CAM, or LWF. Can only really play on that side. And Dybala heavily favours that side of the pitch regardless of what position he plays. Cuadrado also only really plays on the right.

It's a good thing Costa can play both sides quite effectively, though I do in general prefer what he does on the right.

- - - Updated - - -

46m is not a bargain even in todays market.
Matuidi is more of a bargain.
For an attacker in his prime? It's definitely a fair price. I wouldn't call it a steal by any stretch. But it could turn out to be a bargain if he starts putting in top performances in CL alongside being our best performer in Serie A lately.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
His crossing ability is outstanding. This team has been missing that for a while. Regardless what side he is on it’s an obvious benefit to the team inside the box.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The main reason I favour Costa on the left is because we already have too many who play on the right.

Dybala drifts between striker and right wing.
Cuadrado is solely a right winger
Berna is either a CAM or right winger
Mandzukic is a make-shift left winger with good workrate, but he can’t do what Costa does.

Costa/Mandz - Higuain/Dybala - Cuads/Berna​

Makes the most sense

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

thats a stupid argument, hes obviously more of a threat for the defense when he comes from the right

- - - Updated - - -

He's created multiple goals from the right this year. He crosses well from that side also. The advantage of playing him on the right is he has a good cross with his right foot too, plus can cut in and shoot with his left. It makes him harder to defend given more unpredictability as to what he can and will do.

Unfortunately we are overloaded with left foot dominant players, and Bernadeschi is definitely either CAM, or LWF. Can only really play on that side. And Dybala heavily favours that side of the pitch regardless of what position he plays. Cuadrado also only really plays on the right.

It's a good thing Costa can play both sides quite effectively, though I do in general prefer what he does on the right.
exactly.

3 of our 4 wingers are right sided (DC is a good LW too but a better RW, and our most probable starter there i think), only Mandzukic you can say is a LW, and hes 32 almost. we really are gonna need to get some firepower for that side soon, especially if Pjaca doesent become starting caliber for us

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The main reason I favour Costa on the left is because we already have too many who play on the right.

Dybala drifts between striker and right wing.
Cuadrado is solely a right winger
Berna is either a CAM or right winger
Mandzukic is a make-shift left winger with good workrate, but he can’t do what Costa does.

Costa/Mandz - Higuain/Dybala - Cuads/Berna​

Makes the most sense
ou want Costa and Cuadrado with Higgy, neither with a strong off foot to cut in? that makes no sense

- - - Updated - - -

This is statistically untrue when you look at his career.
and thats also why so many of your football opinions are wrong, to not use a insulting word

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
and thats also why so many of your football opinions are wrong, to not use a insulting word
Costa’s career stats:

LW: 81 games, involved in 36 goals (goal or assist)
RW: 111 games, involved in 41 goals

You can keep talking about how Costa is ineffective on the left wing, but it’s objectively incorrect.

Are you really this afraid of Mandzu being benched? :think:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)