Douglas Costa (27 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I remember the good old days when everyone collectively shat on Cuadrado for being a dumbass and ruining everything good he does with one move. That was DC last night and whole season basically.

Jan 22, 2016
What's wrong with our coach? 2 seasons ago we had only one Winger in Cuadrado and he insisted to play with Winger based formation and played guys like Lemina and Sturaro as a winger and now we have great Wingers like this guy but Allegri prefers to play with wingerless formation that doesn't have any speed or directness.

I just get sad when I see this guy on the bench. he would have had at least 6 or 7 assists by now and could help taking the pressure off from Dybala's shoulder as a playmaker and link between our mid and attack.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I remember the good old days when everyone collectively shat on Cuadrado for being a dumbass and ruining everything good he does with one move. That was DC last night and whole season basically.
Whoever did that must have been stupid as he was one of our most important players every season he has been here. I guess you were one of them?
Regarding Costa, he is creating chances each time he plays, not just for others but for himself too. He has a very good shot and he uses it often. Been unlucky a few times.

if we can't use such a player, then I don't know what player.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He had about 50 chances to cross the ball against young boys and hardly ever found a Juve player. He really hasn't been himself since the spitting incident but I expect him to be one of best players towards the end of the season .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He had 12 crosses in that game, the most on the team. Some shots and keypasses as well. But yeah, it says he only had 2 successful crosses. But I'm not sure that's only on him. It's also really hard to get back to being super sharp, when he gets 10 minutes here and there. And why should he be held to such high standards when the other players aren't. As long as he is better than Mandzukic, Berna, Dybala, Cuadrado or the third CM, then he should start. He doesn't need to be at his world beating form as last season, in order to improve our attacking threat. The whole team is struggling coordinating anything right now.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It is very obvious to me that both Costa and Berna are being saved and groomed for second part of the season, and mainly CL playoffs.
Allegri knows we can do well enough without them before the break, and then he will unleash them at strategic moments.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
It is very obvious to me that both Costa and Berna are being saved and groomed for second part of the season, and mainly CL playoffs.
Allegri knows we can do well enough without them before the break, and then he will unleash them at strategic moments.
That makes little sense since they’ll need continuity from playing to hit top form. They can’t automatically just be amazing if they’re not playing regularly so “saving them” doesn’t really hold much weight. They’ll just be rusty and lack proper match sharpness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)