Douglas Costa (166 Viewers)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
People should go watch baseball if they want to put so much emphasis on stats to judge players

Anyone with a pair of eyes and anyone who watches Juve matches regularly can see the difference in quality between Cuadrado and Costa.

Keep calling him flat track bully or 'he shows up only against minnows' if that suits your agenda. Not a surprise its coming from the same bunch who rated 10 goal a season Morata over Higuain.
:agree:

I love Cuad, but DC is much better offensively. I dont know how you can watch us week in and week out and not realise that.

Also he has performed in every big game except home against Real. Best man along with Higuain in both legs versus Tottenham, best man along with Khedira and Mandzu against Real away, best man along Cuad away to Inter, best man away against Napoli. What the fuck are people watching.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What are you on? Hasn't he been vital against Napoli, Inter, Spurs and Madrid?
Aside from poor decision making and lack of end-product (shots, final pass, crosses) in every one of those matches but Inter.

I'm not saying he's bad, nor that he's worse than Cuadrado, just that he has hardly outperformed him in the big matches, even this season, especially CL.

He's been good in some of them, but hardly amazing or excellent.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He did last time... in both matches.

Higgy has literally been invisible for 270 minutes against Madrid, aside from that awful miss in the 3-1 win. Morata isn't better he just suits playing against teams like that better than Higgy.
Yes, and he is much more effective on the counter. Thing is, he's had such a disastrous season at Chelsea that I'm skeptical of whether he'll be back to his 2014-16 CL form. If we can get a loan with option to buy, of course I'd go for him. I wouldn't splash 60-70 million upfront.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh, oops.

Didn't realize Cuadra has that many assists. He was injured for a while too.

But really silly comparison. DC obvs better.
DC was one of our best players this season, true. what i have a problem is when some posters have to bring up and undermine our other players to push their agenda, especially when they are wrong. Costas end product hasnt been better than Cuadrados, as seen by the numbers. to add some others:

Cuads
key passes: 1.9 per game in Serie A, 1.3 in the CL
shots per game: 1.3 in Sere A, 0.8 in CL
dribbles: 1.5 in Serie A, 1.5 in CL
fouls drawn: 2.4 and 2.2
dispossessed: 0.9 and 1.8
bad touches: 1.4 and 1.5
passes per game: 35.9 and 36.3
passing %: 89 and 83.5
crosses per game: 1 and 0.5
long balls per game: 3.3 and 3

Costa
key passes: 1.9 per game in Serie A, 0.7 in the CL
shots per game: 1.1 in Serie A, 0.6 in CL
dribbles: 3.4 in Serie A, 4 in CL
fouls drawn: 0.7 and 0.7
dispossessed: 1.1 and 1.6
bad touches: 1.4 and 2.2
passes per game: 30.2 and 29.5
passing %: 83.8 and 80
crosses per game: 1 and 0.6
long balls per game: 2 and 0.9

from this, Costa has been a more effective dribbler, but in everything else, no

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Aside from poor decision making and lack of end-product (shots, final pass, crosses) in every one of those matches but Inter.

I'm not saying he's bad, nor that he's worse than Cuadrado, just that he has hardly outperformed him in the big matches, even this season, especially CL.

He's been good in some of them, but hardly amazing or excellent.
Disagree. Just to mention that he was the one initiating actions that lead to Higuain's goal in Naples and first Mandzukic goal in Madrid. He also earned us a penalty kick in Turin against Tottenham and was also fouled in a penalty area at Wembley but the referee decided not to call it for some reason. You count it for nothing?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:agree:

I love Cuad, but DC is much better offensively. I dont know how you can watch us week in and week out and not realise that.

Also he has performed in every big game except home against Real. Best man along with Higuain in both legs versus Tottenham, best man along with Khedira and Mandzu against Real away, best man along Cuad away to Inter, best man away against Napoli. What the $#@! are people watching.
yup. IN short this.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Again comparing Costa and Cuadrado when one is an attacker and one is basically a defender.
If you mean a defender in the last 2 games, then yes. There was a time he was our main attacking treat from the left, and maybe main attacking thread in the whole team , with more responsability than our 2 strikers. It was like that for the majority of last season

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If you mean a defender in the last 2 games, then yes. There was a time he was our main attacking treat from the left, and maybe main attacking thread in the whole team , with more responsability than our 2 strikers. It was like that for the majority of last season
Are you talking about Cuadrado? On the left? Never seen it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 158)