dont shoot me! vol. 2 (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
dont shoot me part II
this is me honest opinion about DP and he's ability..i hope u guys dont hate me 4 this ;)

DP is a good player with gr8 creativity and vision etc...but he's a complete waste of talent if he continues to play like he's been playing for th last few week...some of u all my say that he's not match fit etc...BS...he's been playing 4 quite awhile since his injury, and that injury isnt that big one anyway...he's movement and energy is so much more less that practically every1 in Juve...even Ferrara looks like he has more energy than DP...he's pace is ZERO..zero! birindelli runs faster than him...amazing considering he was very fast be4 he's "big" injury...not a very good excuse..he's dribling is not to say bad, but he's not that gr8 at that also. He doesnt have the eye 4 goal like Trezeguet or Raul or even players like Scholes or Figo IMO

and IMVHO opinion, he isnt going to be as remembered as the likes of Ronaldo, ZZ, Becks, Figo, baggio and Raul or other gr8 players in he's position or similiar position for a few reasons...he hasnt done anything gr8 in he's career that comes to mind when u mention the name DP..when u think Beckham, he's goal from half-field and he's freekick vs Colombia..Raul for he's achivements, ZZ for he's WC 98, and he's goal vs leverkusen..Ronaldo for he's everything really....DP for wat? nothing really isnt it...he's done nothing at international level, hell even players Wiltord or Morientes (the kinda good players that normally isnt as well known)played better internationally than DP.

to sums things up
1 he's freekicks arent so gr8 anymore..
2 he hardly ever gets it over the wall, and when it does, most of 3 the time he shoots it of the bar..
4 he isnt gr8 at longshots either...
5 he's dribbling this season has been as awful as my spelling. he's feet are so slow. all the time when he attempts to dribble, and he falls over and gets a silly freekick and spoils the whole move
6he's so SLOW..he's sprinting is as fast as nedved or thuram jogging :eek: he's strides r so small
7 he's known for his decision making...please..it's like he overthinks..
8 he goes to ground SO *#%@)* easy..
9 he's movement is amazing..:eek: my goodness, i think Zalayeta at times moves better than him :eek:

And every1 says that DP is so great so and so...please...he's a good player, but will never be gr8 if he plays like this IMHO, he isnt going to be a great player and a greatly remembered player IMVHO

peace :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
okay, first let me help you with your English.

if you are talking about someone's possession, you use the word 'HIS'.

if you are talking about a person as in what they are, you use the word "HE's" which basically is, 'HE IS".

hope that clears it up for you.

in regards to del piero.

i think if you see how he was prior to the 6 week injury, you would realise he was just as good as he was last season. But since he has returned, he has looked flat which is understandable.

make no mistake, when we need he does step up though. Just looke at the last two Serie A games, he has scored 4 goals and won us those games.

He'll prove you wrong come the CL semi second leg and even in the final if we make it.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    okay, first let me help you with your English.

if you are talking about someone's possession, you use the word 'HIS'.

if you are talking about a person as in what they are, you use the word "HE's" which basically is, 'HE IS".

hope that clears it up for you.
    thank u :extatic:

++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    in regards to del piero.

i think if you see how he was prior to the 6 week injury, you would realise he was just as good as he was last season. But since he has returned, he has looked flat which is understandable.

make no mistake, when we need he does step up though. Just looke at the last two Serie A games, he has scored 4 goals and won us those games.

He'll prove you wrong come the CL semi second leg and even in the final if we make it.
    understandable? hah!

trezeguet has been injured for almost the whole season and still looks sharper than DP in the Real match..Dp has only been injured for 5-6 weeks and it looks like he's been ou for 5-6 months..

he did score 4 in the last the last three(;)) serie a games, but in the three matcheshe still looked out of sorts IMO

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Del Piero has his problems, I think we all know that. But we're not selling him because with him we've been one of the most winning Juve teams in history ;) That's what he'll be remembered for ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ah smeagol some light at last:p

i do agree he has been hugely disappointing so far,he's scored a couple of fantastic goals this season but his holding onto the ball is not very impressive...

but he has shown super flashes of brilliance once in a while though:)as for his FKs,he definitely needs more of them cos he's not getting enough in good positions so i don't agree.his dispatching of the ball is still excellent though.

he goes to the ground easy,but at least he does win a lot of FKs. his pace has never been great so it'd probably be worse if he tried using speed he never had:)

anyways,good objective post there:thumb:not too bad,only the first in your 6000 posts:groan::D

and you ripped off my title:D:fero::p

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    Para:

1. i am not smeagol...:irritate: ;)

2.i dont think he's 'dispatching' of te ball is that fantastic nymore...good but not gr8

3. he goes to ground TOO easily...he sometimes spoils the counter attack when he tries to dribble and just falls over...i remember when in the Barca match, he tried to get past Puyol..:moan: it's sad...

3..my first real football post in 6000! and it beats all of your 3000! :p :extatic: ;)

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
    Del Piero's problem has always been the same: he thinks too much on the ball. He tries to do too much on the ball. When he gets fast, reliable service, and isn't afraid to just go for goal, he is simply magnificent.
    The injury probably threw him off his rhythm a bit. It happens. It's nothing to be overly concerned about.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I think The change In tactics that ocurred after Dps' Injury( sometimes i feel that he is afraid of getting injured again) that's to say switching to the 4-2-3-1 system is the main reason for his drop of form as i some times see him lost in the field.Concerning his FKs i think he is trying to do something wich is beyond me.
    finally, He was awesome in the beginning of the season before his injury scoring 12 serie A goals and 4 goals in the CL , 4 with The NT and 2 in Italy super cup against Parma in pre season so i think he needs some time to regain his form.(and i can say he was awesome when Juve Trez and di vaio were not availabe and juve was dependant on him.)

And Please don't question Del Pieros' Skills as we all know what he is capable of.He was The 10 best player last year ahead of many more good players whom you may think of as better players than Del Piero.

Forza Del Piero

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    When he's not playing something just seems wring with us. He is our captain, he's (in a strange way) our most important player, he simply is Del Piero. And Del Piero=Juve.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    no player is bgger than the team. Would he have been dropped if we had adequate replacements? I'd like to think so..but somehow doubt it. Next year Miccoli will put real pressure on him that can only be a good thing

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I can understand questioning the Dp of now but I cannot understand anyone saying what will he be remembered

He is not in good form at all and I am not fooled by recent goals but he is an amazing talent and has lit up Cl for years

I think he will soon be getting his 5th scudetto, has won Cl and might do it again, intercontinetal cup, super cup, has scored 100 serieA goals, countless assists

Being a starter from age 20 and so much has been expected of him for so long, he has delivered consistently for the most successful club in Italy and that is not easy, ask the likes of Cassano what being in the spotlight does to you

And though I have criticised him he has missed 6 weeks of serieA and still has 16 goals already, this from someone who is not an out an out striker and going thru a bad patch

But your observations of his play lately are spot on though comparing him to Zalayeta is a bit ott

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    oh shit, i got myself into deep shit now :scared: :nervous:

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I can understand questioning the Dp of now but I cannot understand anyone saying what will he be remembered

He is not in good form at all and I am not fooled by recent goals but he is an amazing talent and has lit up Cl for years

I think he will soon be getting his 5th scudetto, has won Cl and might do it again, intercontinetal cup, super cup, has scored 100 serieA goals, countless assists
    i dont think he's a bad player at all...the point of the thread and my point is that DP's a bit of a waste of talent when he coulda been something great IMHO

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Being a starter from age 20 and so much has been expected of him for so long, he has delivered consistently for the most successful club in Italy and that is not easy, ask the likes of Cassano what being in the spotlight does to you

And though I have criticised him he has missed 6 weeks of serieA and still has 16 goals already, this from someone who is not an out an out striker and going thru a bad patch

But your observations of his play lately are spot on though comparing him to Zalayeta is a bit ott
    yes i know it's not easy, especially once being the golden boy of italy..but i dont understand why players like Raul or Henry etc can still be so exciting to watch and still cope with all tha pressure.

i 100% agree with jules that DP thinks too much on the ball..

about the zalayeta think, i really think even zalayeta is jumpy than DP...all the time when DP gets the ball, he runs with the ball, gets fouled or just does nothing gr8, things that most average players can do..

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    I agree that he is out of form lately, but he is not as bad as some of you here pointed out. I noticed that he was very much criticised after the Real's match. Is that because we expected him to show his world class ability that can comparable to Zidane and Ronaldo, and when he failed to do that he must be punished. I still rate him as a great player when he's on form. Something's wrong with him for sure lately but he didn't play that bad in the Real's match. Go to view a post in the Match forum: Real vs Juve. posted by Shadowfox ( sorry if i mentioned your name wrong), who was right there on the staduim. It's an interesting point of view.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I cant blame dp, because he is an extraordianry player. He is having a bad time, and thats is normal, eveyrone have bad time. Our big problem is that he is in bad shape in our most important moment in the last years.

No one will be able to erase what DP have done through his career.

We only have to pray , because we really need him!! NOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)