Don't Raise Your Hopes Too High (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Desmond... why are you so obsessive with splashing out money to buy stars... you said you like to prolong Juventus tradition. Dont you like juventus tradition of bringing out unknown talents from smaller clubs and give them the chance to be world beaters.. which one you like.. buy zidane when he is still unknown from bordeoux or buying him from Juventus when his already world player of the year with a wolrd record transfer fee?.... we sign Del Piero from Padova... Davids when he failed with MIlan... Trezeguet when he is underated at Monaco...all of them turn out into heroes for us.... i think its is more a noble club to bring succes like that than.. to make our own stars instead of splash out buying other people stars....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Aressandro, I agree with you.

However, take a look at our recent track record, and you'll see that they really haven't unearthed a world-beater in a few years.

They need to get back to investing in youth, and giving Juve a balance, instead of throwing everything behind older players

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

However, take a look at our recent track record, and you'll see that they really haven't unearthed a world-beater in a few years.

They need to get back to investing in youth, and giving Juve a balance, instead of throwing everything behind older players
Right. I think we started the process with the signing of Kapo. I'm sure that more will follow him to Juve, as its only logical that young defenders will be bought, because they are basically the only ones available. And with Conte out, Blasi and Brighi will probably return, so hopefully Capello will turn them into like a De Rossi all over again.

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004

you cant always get it right

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Except De Rossi's only 19. Blasi is already 24.

But I understand what you're saying. The regime should have done this a couple of years ago with their younger players.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
its just that our gamble isnt turn out as we expected.... who would have thought Appiah and Legro turned out such a dissapointing performance this season after their breakthrough performances with their respective clubs before... and they have been good for years...not like Gilardino who only breakthrough this season... its really buffling how they can fail...

i agree with you that we need to invest in youth... we do... its just that we have more compleks process where we loaned out young players to give them experience.. dun worry if any of them is a world beater, they are well in our grasp.... there are no important club in Serie A that have eyes in youths more than us.. Milan only policy is to buy other people's stars....Inter?.:totti:.. and Roma never have the pressure to be succesfful everyseason like us.. and with us snitching Cappello from them, i doubt their fans will ever have that pleasure for a long long time....;).. so there is no pressure for them not to use youth...

our problem last season is just completely minor.. with Capelo in the elm, i am sure we will make a complete facelift and our problem last season will be gone like the wind...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't consider Legro, at the age of 27, to be very young. But I digress.

The good thing with Capello is that he knows how to work and succeed with young players.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Except De Rossi's only 19. Blasi is already 24.

But I understand what you're saying. The regime should have done this a couple of years ago with their younger players.
Right, I know that. I mean accomplish the same feat, only with a little older candidates. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Right, I know that. I mean accomplish the same feat, only with a little older candidates. :D
But then again, how is it that Roma can unearth a De Rossi, and have him play an important role, while Juve, with supposedly more resources, cannot do the same, or at least hasn't done so in a while?

That, to me, is a result of mediocre scouting and development.

I only hope they don't screw up Gasbarroni and Chiumiento

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

But then again, how is it that Roma can unearth a De Rossi, and have him play an important role, while Juve, with supposedly more resources, cannot do the same, or at least hasn't done so in a while?

That, to me, is a result of mediocre scouting and development.

I only hope they don't screw up Gasbarroni and Chiumiento
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Who knows the reason for that? Maybe Lippi did not have enough confidence in the youngsters, or maybe some of the higher ups had a say. But I think that the story will be changed with Capello, as he has shown what he can do with players like De Rossi, Cassano, and Mancini. Hopefully the equivalent for us will be success for Brighi, Chiumiento, and Gasbarroni, and the other possible youngsters who could join this season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You know with all this talk about the lack of young stars, it got me thinking back to '96 when they won the CL, and the superb mix of youth (Del Piero, Vieri, Tacchi, Zidane) with the experienced players that they had (Ravanelli, Deschamps, Ferrara, Di Livio), and that's the type of balance I would love to see.

Aug 1, 2003
the way I understand it; I don't think Desmond was saying Capello was a bad move or anything. He was probably just saying that we shouldn't get too carried away with the celebration, perhaps, because we might encounter disappointing transfers for the coming months? At least that's what I thought.

Personally, I'm happy with what we've got now but I do still want several, or just enough players to cover up some holes we've left exposed... and I do hope our buys would be worthwhile, but like Desmond said, I wouldn't get my hopes up, just to be on the safe side. not saying Moggi is an arse or anything; kudos to him for the Capello move, but I wouldn't be too extatic till everything's a sure thing.

Tomer

May 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

i'm not,trust me.but the way this is going i can see that we may not be even getting one of our top targets,and it just sickens me.who would be satisfied if we didn't get one of gila,cavenaghi,mexes,rothen,evra or emerson?would you?

the problem with capello is not his capability.i know he's good.but i never liked him,and we have a better option,one who would have been more of a continuity of tradition than capello would.deschamps and capello may both be continental managers but didier is more of a home-grown hero,if you get what i mean.what really pisses me off is that we could have gotten someone who would have done well for juve,loved and died for the club and worked his heart out but chose to go for a more proven one instead.of course some of us can be proud of this signing of capello,he is one of the biggest and most successful managers in the world.but i never liked his arrogance,his style and his personality.
relax mate :cool:

capello likes cool players ' like mexes' gila' ferrari
*emerson is joining for sure'
hehe 'we got zebina - rofl'

and im sure dider will be our next coach'
he needs to gain experience' he is only one year in management stuff'

i think capello is the best coach we could get'

:devil:

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
so we lost deschamps and got capello,

missed out on boumsong and lucio and bought no one.

wait,we got zebina-on a free too:rolleyes:

truth be told,i will be amazed if we get any of mexes,squillaci,evra,gilardino or zlatan.

we'd be better off hoping for bonera,jankulovski and di natale.and with luck,we'll recall zalayeta too:extatic:

i hope moggi knows what he's doing,cos i sure don't.and don't be surprised if it turns out that the emerson deal turns out to be "a smokescreen" for baiocco's return.with maresca going in the other direction,no less.

and as we go around signing moggi's top targets lets jump the bandwagon and get us a russian oil tycoon while we're at it,shall we?wait,we wouldn't need one,cos we're gonna sign all the free players in the world

Excuse me Desmond, but this is one of the most rubbish post I've ever read on this forum.

We didnt loose out on Deschampes, it was only a smokescreen to hide the Capello plan.

Who the fu*k needs a player who joins Rangers???
Who the fu*k need the injury and error prone attacking defender named Lucio?

I dont remember too much failsignings from Capello, so dont bother me with your sick fantasy like swaping Mares to Baiocco.

You underrate Zebina, maybe you stopped following serie-a last year, cause this season he was good.

Capello is undoubtedly within the 3 best clubteam coaches of the world, who signed to us for less money than he earned in Roma.

And if you want to hate Moggi, I just want you to think about what is more difficult, to sign a worldclass player, or to sign Capello from Roma? If someone can do this, exspecially if he is the most hated man in Rome, than people should start thinking to find a place for his statue, and not wasting energy to find out some stupid reasons to be unhappy.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

Excuse me Desmond, but this is one of the most rubbish post I've ever read on this forum.

We didnt loose out on Deschampes, it was only a smokescreen to hide the Capello plan.

I dont remember too much failsignings from Capello, so dont bother me with your sick fantasy like swaping Mares to Baiocco.

You underrate Zebina, maybe you stopped following serie-a last year, cause this season he was good.

Capello is undoubtedly within the 3 best clubteam coaches of the world, who signed to us for less money than he earned in Roma.

And if you want to hate Moggi, I just want you to think about what is more difficult, to sign a worldclass player, or to sign Capello from Roma? If someone can do this, exspecially if he is the most hated man in Rome, than people should start thinking to find a place for his statue, and not wasting energy to find out some stupid reasons to be unhappy.
Togon, you should have won the trophy "Best poster"
Finaly someone who agrees with me!

Jul 28, 2002
Lippi was one of the best, now he has gone :down:

Cappello Is one of the best, but fo rhow long??? hopefully for a long time with us :D

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

Agree on every word!:cool:
Think about it Desmond...don't be so pessimistic without any reason...
the transfer market isn't even started...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)