Don't ever watch old videos of Juve (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
THE QUESTION IS :

What happens if it comes three or four seasons of finishing between 6 th and 10 th place of the serie A ? nothing to do with uefa or CL?

Will you still be a juve fan?
Is that a serious question?! :rolleyes:

Apr 26, 2004
It is a history in Juve what you say.
Nowadays, some of them are elderly, another had gone to another football club...
In Juve ,the youngst player are vigorous ! Trust them do better in the future!

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I made the mistake of watching a video tape I have of Juve campione 97

As some of the goals and action was being shown, I noticed that at one time we had in our team

A fantastic Montero and Ferrara at the back

In the midfield, world class talent in Davids, Deschamps and Zidane and in attack Dp and Inzaghi

Players like Di Livio, Conte, Tacchinardi, a good Pessotto were always around to put in competent performances

The previous season we had in our midfield, Deschamps, Jugovic, Zidane, Conte, Tacchinardi, Di Livio

In attack Boksic, Vieri, Padovano, Dp, Amoruso

You could not dominate this teams and you certainly could not just waltz thru our midfiled like you owend the place without Davids or Deshamps snapping at your heels

Now what have we got we are are singing the praises of Maresca who would not have gotten a look in then, Appiah , Tacchinardi and Camoranesi

Miccolli and DV

The thought of what we were and what we are just depressed me:down:
Will a tape of the 1990/91 season cheer you up a bit? You can admire De Marchi's and Luppi's meticulous defensive work in it, as well as the implacable post WC 1990 Schillaci, all of them under the supervision of that brilliant strategist called Gigi Maifredi :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Is that a serious question?! :rolleyes:
Believe it or not, there are some people in this forum who said that they will not tolerate another season like this one, they prefer to change to support another team...

and they call themselves juve supporters......

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If that's the case, then the amount of Juve fans will drop significantly in the next year or two.

Let them go, I say.

Give it a couple of years, time for the young players to grow, and this team will be glorious again. It will simply take a bit of patience, that's all.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
yes, but in a way it affect us, because royalties and payments offered by TV networks and media companies depend on popularity rating and audience,and if we loose too many "supporters", our income reduces, not giving chance to spend in new adquisitons for the team.

Is a vice circle.......

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think that would be very interesting.

I kind of wish it happened at one stage in the past just so we'd know who'd be left standing :)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I simply can't quit.. my love for juve is like.. :undecide: marriage.. I can't divorce my wife just becoz she can't give children.. specially when I love her so much..

I can't just leave becoz of a drop of form or lack of trophies.. I'm a juve fan for 8-9 years.. if I had to stop supporting juve, I should have done it by now.. coz we didn't win the CL for 10 years now.. and we had bad moments from 98 till 2001..

this season is not that awful.. it is just drop of form.. a mid-age crisis you might call it..!!

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
I simply can't quit.. my love for juve is like.. :undecide: marriage.. I can't divorce my wife just becoz she can't give children.. specially when I love her so much..
ok, now that was a pathetic example.. :groan:

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
    If that's the case, then the amount of Juve fans will drop significantly in the next year or two.

Let them go, I say.

Give it a couple of years, time for the young players to grow, and this team will be glorious again. It will simply take a bit of patience, that's all.
    First of all , I want to congratulate you for being a Prince fan as I am one of the biggest myself

Now to biz, please tell me the young players you are refering to as potentially, I can only see Maresca and to a lesser extent Miccolli going on to bigger things and even those 2 would not have had a sniff in the squad i was refering to

I am not too particular about winning every game or winning alll the trophies available but I do draw the line on the style of play and quality of players and well I am sorry to say this we do not have the quality

The reason we are third is because we are Juventus and have that fighting spirit and all that and are favoured by officials and the fact that maybe some teams have played against our name instead of our team cos so many players there are not just good enuff

Watching Barcelona and teams like that was just slightly painful and made me envious as to how we cannot play football with that kinda panache and style with every one so confident and trying things they would never normally do but it was all coming off and then seeing Davids protecting his defence like he was possessed and still taking players on

We play in a very professional manner with no frills and still manage to lose to Lecce at home and Perugia away, incredible aint it

Well there is no joy in repetition;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Denco, My Man!!!!!

Finally, after 8 months, we have some common ground!!!!

I'm going to see him in Boston on August 17th, and since I'm a member of his fan club, I'm going to the exclusive afterparty as well. As far as the young plaerys in question, I'm not only speaking of Miccoli and Maresca, but the possible infusion of youth that will (hopefully) be coming in over the next couple of years. I don't forsee agreat revolution this year as some have predicted,but I can reasonably expect anywhere from 2 to 3 new, young players each year over the next two years to replace our veterans.

And I'm not talking about replacing DelPiero either, surprisingly. After all, they could never take the place of your man ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)