Don't bother looking in here... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Why don't most of us take Dainelli into consideration when we're talking about the next year squad? The man is solid, well experienced in Serie A and has been leading Fiorentina's defence perfectly this term. Moreover, he'd be on a free agent in the summer.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Why don't most of us take Dainelli into consideration when we're talking about the next year squad? The man is solid, well experienced in Serie A and has been leading Fiorentina's defence perfectly this term. Moreover, he'd be on a free agent in the summer.
Secco said we won't sign him.Well this is not essentialy the truth but I think that other teams have the upper hand in his situation

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Secco said we won't sign him.Well this is not essentialy the truth but I think that other teams have the upper hand in his situation
First time to hear about such an announcement. But even if we're negotiating him, Secco shouldn't say it. Anyways, who are the clubs that negotiate him?

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
First time to hear about such an announcement. But even if we're negotiating him, Secco shouldn't say it. Anyways, who are the clubs that negotiate him?
If I remember well I read that in tribalfootball.I know it is completely unreliable but i think it was a quote from secco.As for the clubs, Inter and Roma want him too

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
If I remember well I read that in tribalfootball.I know it is completely unreliable but i think it was a quote from secco.As for the clubs, Inter and Roma want him too
I want him in Juventus because he is the only experienced defender we're linked to in the Serie A. But if he Roma and Inter are negotiating him as well, it would be a hard mission for us but not an impossible one. As, he wouldn't be, most probably, a regular starter at Inter due to the presence of Materazzi, Cordoba, Samuel and Burdisso. However, in my opinion, he is more consistent than all Inter defenders bar Materazzi. I can't see him joining Roma for the same reason too. Actually, the only obstacle in such a bargain would be his desire to play in the Champions League. The same problem we face with nearly each top player we negotiate.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I want him in Juventus because he is the only experienced defender we're linked to in the Serie A. But if he Roma and Inter are negotiating him as well, it would be a hard mission for us but not an impossible one. As, he wouldn't be, most probably, a regular starter at Inter due to the presence of Materazzi, Cordoba, Samuel and Burdisso. However, in my opinion, he is more consistent than all Inter defenders bar Materazzi. I can't see him joining Roma for the same reason too. Actually, the only obstacle in such a bargain would be his desire to play in the Champions League. The same problem we face with nearly each top player we negotiate.
Fiorentina will be in CL next year.I agree that our biggest problem in the transfer market is that we won't play in Europe.But if our management can gurantee a good plan to be again in Europe's elite in 2-3 years then I think we can convince them.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
As for our defence, I have heared that Mexes doesn't want to renew with Roma, and Milan will move for him.It would be great if we could sign him before they do.
Oh and other news say that Kaladze will leave Milan in the end of the season.I don't rate him as a left-back, but he plays very good as a stopper.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Fiorentina will be in CL next year.I agree that our biggest problem in the transfer market is that we won't play in Europe.But if our management can gurantee a good plan to be again in Europe's elite in 2-3 years then I think we can convince them.
Mate, Fiorentina wouldn't be in the CL in the next season. Check the Calcio table after week 35 here.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
What exactly do we need him for? We are not exactly blessed with great central defenders at this point in time so why bring someone in who is just "solid"? It will be better to go for higher calibre players as he is no better than Iuliano in my view and when we had Marko , wo also had Montero and Ferrara who were world class. SerieA is not very strong at the minute and it won't surprise me at all if witha few adjustments next season we come straight up and win it. I think only Nottingham Forest has achieved that honour to my knowledge in the last 30 years. But the likes of Danielli is not the answer, you cannot be having kovac, danielli, boumsong, leggrotaglie, zebina if you are seriuos about winning something in your defence. We need a major upgrade or 2 from these players and money from tv will be adequate. I do not care if someone is free , if he is not that much better than those already there, whats the point?

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
@denco, although this season isn't a good season for the Calcio, still the Serie A is capable of producing Europe's best defenders. Dainelli isn't just a solid defender, but he is also one of the best centre defenders in the Serie A. Comparing him to our defenders, he is far better than Boumsong, Legrottaglie, Kovac and Tudor.

@mark77, isn't there any news about the man? :D

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Dainelli extends Viola deal

Fiorentina have revealed that defender Dario Dainelli has penned a new four-year contract with the Viola.

“Fiorentina announce that a new deal has been agreed with Dario Dainelli, with mutual satisfaction,” read a note posted on the club’s website.

“Dainelli, the captain and a pillar of the best defence of the season, will wear the Fiorentina shirt for four more years.”

The Gigliati captain, who joined the Tuscan outfit in 2004 from Brescia, was previously contracted until the summer, but there had been uncertainty over his future after contract talks had stalled over the past few months.

The 28-year-old, who had attracted the interest of Juventus and Roma given his possible Bosman status, will reportedly earn £2m per season.
Source: Channel 4
_________________________________________​

Hey mark77, take your time to close it. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)