Domenico Berardi (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Unless he doesn't want to come, Sassuolo are not going to fuck us up.

They might get a few millions more for him, but gonna lose much more if we stop doing business with them.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
So which is it then?
:D

So the GMs loosely agreed to a 25M option for Juve, but if Berardi were to totally blow the doors off this season, and Sassuolo were offered more than that, Sass would be able to accept that higher figure -- and Juve would have the right to match, because of all the good natured dealings up to this point. Both clubs end up protecting their interests that way.

It ends up being a bit like an RFA (restricted free agent) situation in, say, hockey/basketball/football, in that we can match any offer, even though he's technically not our property. Difference is, there's no potential for arbitration (25M seems to be the default agreed upon figure), and no draft pick compensation for us if a higher bidder comes and Juve chooses not to match.

A potential stumbling block would also seem to occur if another team offers more, and Berardi prefers their project. Would we still buy him? Probably not.

Can we buy Berardi for less than 25M? I have a feeling that answer is a firm no, sounds like he won't be moving for less than 25M.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How old is Sansone? He always impresses me when I watch Sassuolo, unlike Berardi
24 years old. I like him a lot too. I feel he will grow into a candreva-like dependable keep it simple kind of player. Bench material though

- - - Updated - - -

:D

So the GMs loosely agreed to a 25M option for Juve, but if Berardi were to totally blow the doors off this season, and Sassuolo were offered more than that, Sass would be able to accept that higher figure -- and Juve would have the right to match, because of all the good natured dealings up to this point. Both clubs end up protecting their interests that way.

It ends up being a bit like an RFA (restricted free agent) situation in, say, hockey/basketball/football, in that we can match any offer, even though he's technically not our property. Difference is, there's no potential for arbitration (25M seems to be the default agreed upon figure), and no draft pick compensation for us if a higher bidder comes and Juve chooses not to match.

A potential stumbling block would also seem to occur if another team offers more, and Berardi prefers their project. Would we still buy him? Probably not.

Can we buy Berardi for less than 25M? I have a feeling that answer is a firm no, sounds like he won't be moving for less than 25M.
Since Berardi is going to be a Dybala sub if he comes here, would you rather pay 25 mill for him or pay 11 mill for Lijajic?
Do you rate Berardi higher and if so do you rate him more than twice as highly as Lijajic?

Also what about Jovetic? Inter got him for 14 mill and given their financial troubles might sell for a similar amount. Would you take him over berardi or Lijajic as Dybala sub?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Since Berardi is going to be a Dybala sub if he comes here, would you rather pay 25 mill for him or pay 11 mill for Lijajic?
Do you rate Berardi higher and if so do you rate him more than twice as highly as Lijajic?

Also what about Jovetic? Inter got him for 14 mill and given their financial troubles might sell for a similar amount. Would you take him over berardi or Lijajic as Dybala sub?
As I mentioned in the Mercato thread, I think Ljacic's mentality would still be an issue for me (not that Berardi doesn't have some discipline issues, but that's a different story). 11M would be pretty hard to pass up, really, the guy has a lot of quality, but I also think Inter will want to keep him (because they have so little up front).

I don't rate Berardi twice as highly as Ljajic, but I think it's more a case of 'there are other fish in the sea'.

Jovetic... well, that ship has sailed, for me. I was all about him at Fiorentina, thought he was fantastic, I thought he could be a solid leader as well, but Shitty just ruined that guy. Between the injuries, lack of productivity, and abominable fashion sense ( :p ) I would stay well clear of him.

So would I rather Berardi than Ljacic at those figures... that's a hard one, man. I'd have to know more about Ljacic on a personal level, have a much better understanding of why things didn't really click in his other spots. A strong mentality should be at the top of Beppe's checklist.

I'm not 100% sold on Berardi, either, and he'd have to get used to the idea of being 2nd choice in our current setup. If I had to bet on it, I think we'll take the 25M option, but I don't think it's exactly clear cut at this point. Last year, I would have thought it a certainty, but he's the one who wanted to stay at Sassuolo, and there's been some odd talk... his production is also a little down, so we'll see. 25M is still a lot of money.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
As I mentioned in the Mercato thread, I think Ljacic's mentality would still be an issue for me (not that Berardi doesn't have some discipline issues, but that's a different story). 11M would be pretty hard to pass up, really, the guy has a lot of quality, but I also think Inter will want to keep him (because they have so little up front).

I don't rate Berardi twice as highly as Ljajic, but I think it's more a case of 'there are other fish in the sea'.

Jovetic... well, that ship has sailed, for me. I was all about him at Fiorentina, thought he was fantastic, I thought he could be a solid leader as well, but $#@!ty just ruined that guy. Between the injuries, lack of productivity, and abominable fashion sense ( :p ) I would stay well clear of him.

So would I rather Berardi than Ljacic at those figures... that's a hard one, man. I'd have to know more about Ljacic on a personal level, have a much better understanding of why things didn't really click in his other spots. A strong mentality should be at the top of Beppe's checklist.

I'm not 100% sold on Berardi, either, and he'd have to get used to the idea of being 2nd choice in our current setup. If I had to bet on it, I think we'll take the 25M option, but I don't think it's exactly clear cut at this point. Last year, I would have thought it a certainty, but he's the one who wanted to stay at Sassuolo, and there's been some odd talk... his production is also a little down, so we'll see. 25M is still a lot of money.
:tup:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I wonder if Conte will want him. Did he used to go on about him? All I remember is Walcott Walcott Walcott.
i'd rather get to know how allegri rates him. max already praised the guy last year, but we didn't have cuadrado back then. he even said that berardi would make a good trequartista - now that would be interesting to see.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wonder if Conte will want him. Did he used to go on about him? All I remember is Walcott Walcott Walcott.
Defenitely not, the dude did not call him up a single time despite dominating at a tender age.

Or he called him up once but he was injured and wouldnt played anyways. Otherwise he completely ignored him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)