Dolph Lundgren (1 Viewer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Agreed with Z on all counts (except the fact that IV was the best. I think II and III were just as good. Part I missed something in the end, while V was just very forced) Seven did you seriously not like Rocky? I personally think its the story of life well told if you ask me, even more so becasue it uses a boxing ring as its canvas. Plus excellent sound tracks on all parts. As for Dolph Lundgren, never considered him to be a dumb jock, but then again, with such a stiff look about him, he'd be better off as a chemical engineer instead of an actor good enough to pull off character or author backed roles.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
The Lundgren film "Blackjack" has one of the best/worst (depending on how you look at it) openings ever. A totally insane scene, involving trampolines and Dolph "acting" blind among other things. A must see.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    Exactly. Maybe he doesnt like it because of Stallone's other films, like Rambo, but Rocky is a great fil and a great story which has everything. He has his ups and downs, it's not too unrealistic, and it tells a story of more than boxing.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea, the best part is how it potrays life to be transient. How the success, the riches, the fame, the glamour dont last, and he goes back to humble beginnings, just the way he started. Beautiful.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    The movie won 3 Oscars FFS, including the Oscar for the Best Motion Picture, beating even Taxi Driver, and they got 3 nominations for the actors, for Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, and Best Actress in a Leading Role. All in all, it had 10 nomiantions that year.

Rocky is so much more than a boxing movie. It's a movie about the unbreakable human spirit, determination, and the will to "go the distance." The final fight, and the closing moments of the film are so emotional and inspiring that they perfectly demonstrate the human spirit and can bring out the will to win in anybody. It inspires us and shows that a "nobody" can become a "somebody".

This is withouth doubt one of the best movies of all time.

Eop05

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    The movie won 3 Oscars FFS, including the Oscar for the Best Motion Picture, beating even Taxi Driver, and they got 3 nominations for the actors, for Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, and Best Actress in a Leading Role. All in all, it had 10 nomiantions that year.

Rocky is so much more than a boxing movie. It's a movie about the unbreakable human spirit, determination, and the will to "go the distance." The final fight, and the closing moments of the film are so emotional and inspiring that they perfectly demonstrate the human spirit and can bring out the will to win in anybody. It inspires us and shows that a "nobody" can become a "somebody".

This is withouth doubt one of the best movies of all time.
    couldn't have said it better myself.

Rocky I is definetely a classic and amongst one of the greatest stories ever told in a movie.

Rock II is great as well. Great sequel.

III-V start to get a little cheesy, but the first 2 rocky movies are without a doubt great movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)