Dolph Lundgren (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I was just watching Rocky IV (best one of the series BTW, Rocky I and II come next, III is watchable, while V is pure and utter shite) and came to think about Dolph Lundgren. We all know of him as the quiet action star with less talent for acting than a revolving door, probably quite dumb as well, the typical jock.

So, anturaly, I wisited his home page, www.dolphlundgren.com and found out some interesting things.

While you would think that he's a stupid jock, it's actually quite contrary. Did you know that Dolph studied engineering and enrolled at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm? He apparantly spent a lot of time studying abroad on various scolarships. He attended Washington State University and Clemson University in South Carolina. Later he got a scolareship to complete his Masters degree in Chemical Engineering at the University of Sydney, and was even later awarded a Fulbright scolarship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston.

Not your typical overgrown, steroid pumped action star, is he?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Shit! you know what, after reading this my life is now complete. Im definately gonna subscribe to his website. What an intelligent guy.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Moggi D'Messiah ] ++
    Shit! you know what, after reading this my life is now complete. Im definately gonna subscribe to his website. What an intelligent guy.

Yeah, just like you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Rocky is a classic. A classic. Remember that. A classic.

I watched it too. But that doesn't change the fact it's the most laughed about movie ever. And the fact there are so many of them doesn't make it better.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

I watched it too. But that doesn't change the fact it's the most laughed about movie ever. And the fact there are so many of them doesn't make it better.

Most laughed about movie ever? Rightttt. Maybe Rambo, Judge Dread, etc, but Rocky is an absolute classic. How can a man not love Rocky?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++
    Universal Soldier was awesome, loved him in that one :D

Laugh if you want, but the man has more money, chicks, fame AND education than you, so you tell me who got the better deal? ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    How can you seriously say you love Rocky? I mean, Sylvester Stalone and boxing. The combination is as obvious as moronic. The only movie that was even worse was the one in which he pursued a career as a goalkeeper.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    I agree Rocky IV was the best. I loved the press conference ''we go'' anyone got the sound track to that. my mate has it, its funny.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    How can you seriously say you love Rocky? I mean, Sylvester Stalone and boxing. The combination is as obvious as moronic. The only movie that was even worse was the one in which he pursued a career as a goalkeeper.

Whats so strange about it. He even looks like he has some acting skills in Rocky. Fact is that there is no actor in the world that would have played out the role better, not Denzel, not Robert de Niro, not Mother freaking Theresa. That role is tailor made for him and he does a great job in it.

Or were hundreds of million people wrong for liking it?

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005

Laugh if you want, but the man has more money, chicks, fame AND education than you, so you tell me who got the better deal? ;)
    I wasn't laughing.

Though I have plenty of my chicks and they aren't after the money :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Whats so strange about it. He even looks like he has some acting skills in Rocky. Fact is that there is no actor in the world that would have played out the role better, not Denzel, not Robert de Niro, not Mother freaking Theresa. That role is tailor made for him and he does a great job in it.

Or were hundreds of million people wrong for liking it?
    Yes. They were. But his acting skills were fine in Rocky. I wasn't actually commenting on that.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    But you, of course, are right.

So, if his acting skills are not the problem, what is?

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005

I wasn't laughing.

Nah there getting close to you cos they like your mate instead! Oldest trick in the book.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18

I wasn't laughing.

Not to mention the guy looks better and could sooo kick your ass :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)