Does the team need a WC midfield reinforcement? (1 Viewer)

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25
    According to La stampa, Ranieri wants to bring someone with some creativity in january to cover for Camoranesi's absence. The names mentioned include Van der Vaart and Diego
    http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/quijuve/200712articoli/12566girata.asp

Wouldn't it be simpler though, to just bring back Giovinco?
    Nocerino Zanetti Nedved
    _______Giovinco
    ___Iaquinta Trezeguet

Looks good to me, in Camo's absence.
    Giovinco's loan deal could have a clause which doesnt allow him to be recalled before June.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    possible, but I doubt it. I would rather bring back Gio and see how ready he is to play for us . It would be stupid to splash big money on a Midfield transfer only to find out Giovinco is capable of handling first team pressure.

so bring back Gio, see how well he plays. If we see he is still shaky, buy a player in Summer to compete for that spot.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    The deal with lampard seems to be almost a certainty. I hope we get him or Van der vaart. And maybe marcisio or giovinco could come back. I'm just worried about one of them coming back and not getting to play.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Yes definately, if we want to be successful in Europe it's a must. And just one creative MF is not enough in today's footy.

Look at Barca (Dinho, Deco, Messi) and Milan (Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf). If you wanna win smth in Europe you need as much creativity as possible.

So bring Gio and another World Class AMF (Diego :xfinger:)

PS and God bless Del Capitano!

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    I think the wisest choice would be to bring Giovinco, now for the x-mas and find a decent LB or CB.
    It is not essential right now to fix things in our midfield, in worst case scenario Nocerino and Zanetti will be our starters and fortunately we are stacked up at RM solutions.
    If we bring Giovinco right now, we dont need to make any investment for a season, that is already somewhat decided. Even with VDV, our team wouldnt magically become a title challenger this year.
    No need to risk anymore, off load Almiron and bring in Giovinco, if Giovinco joins now, he wont have any great pressure, its too late to change our tactics or formation for this year. We can give Gio all the necessary time to adapt with the team and eventually give him some try outs.
    If he proves to be good enough for a starter already, then we can count on him for the next season. No risks, no loses!
    Almiron will get his chances to shine,(in another team) Giovinco will be turned, from a "battle to avoid relegation" sub, to "a battle to a CL spot" sub,
    Juve will have an alternative and hopefully better creativity solution for the midfield, our club managers will not have to spend the money, that could spend next year, to bring in champions.
    Everybody would be happy that way. And hopefully saving this money could allow us to bring in, a decent defender, for a place we dont have any back up solutions...

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Doesnt make sense though, we DO need a world class midfielder because our midfield is average. Do you like making little sense? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)