Does the team need a WC midfield reinforcement? (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The midfield options for next season could look like this:

Green = ones that could stay with us.
Red = ones that could leave.
Blue = players that we could possible buy,or players that might come back from loan.

Marchisio
Hamsik(A Possible acquisition.More possible than VDV,Diego and Lampard atleast)
Giovinco
Nocerino
Zanetti
Camoranesi
Marchionni
Nedved(will most likely retire)
Olivera(could be sent on loan)
Salihamidzic
Tiago(doubtful for the next season)
Almiron(doubtful for the next season)

Ofcourse you cant predict the future,but if the above midfield lineup is infact what we would have for next season,would this team still need someone like Diego,Van Der Vaart or Lampard?Or can a signing like Hamsik and the return of Giovinco and Marchisio do the job for us?Do we really need a mega midfield transfer?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it will be a big gamble if we only reinforce our MF only by recalling Marchisio and Giovinco...can Marchi be our next great CM? can Gio replace Nedved at such a young age?

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    Include Hamsik in too.He's not a world class midifleder as yet,though he could become one in the coming years.Should he be our only signing?Ofcourse its a gamble.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    ßöмßäяdîëя;1517388 said:
    The only one of the three players you could get would be Van der Vaart...
    I think getting VDV would be pretty hard,as he wants to move to Spain.Getting Lampard could be the easiest,and even that,is pretty hard,primarily because of his wage demands.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Hamsik is not really needed, at least for next season, considering we already have players in his position (Zanetti, Nocerino, and the return of Marchisio).

The only big signing should be for Nedved's replacement. It must be a world class midfielder, a freaking BLOCKBUSTER, as Moggi wanted 2 years ago, no shity potential chokers. We shouldn't expect a lot for Giovinco next year. Imo, he should replace Palladino as a squad player and see how it goes. As for Palladino, he should be sold as he doesn't add much to team, and certainly isn't worthy of a starting lineup.

Back to Nedved's replacement, I don't think Lampard would cut it. Sure, he's a good player, but he plays centrally meaning taking one of Zanetti/Nocerino's places instead of Nedved's, unless we opt to play with 4-3-3 with 3 central midfielders.

In my opinion we should get one of these players if we want to win something next season...

* Messi
    * Ribery
    * Silva
    * Robben
    * Vicente
    * Quaresma
    * Cristiano Ronaldo
    * Ronaldinho :xmas:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    In my opinion we should get one of these players if we want to win something next season...

* Messi
    * Ribery
    * Silva
    * Robben
    * Vicente
    * Quaresma
    * Cristiano Ronaldo
    Word. How about we get all of them?

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006

Hamsik is not really needed, at least for next season, considering we already have players in his position (Zanetti, Nocerino, and the return of Marchisio).

The only big signing should be for Nedved's replacement. It must be a world class midfielder, a freaking BLOCKBUSTER, as Moggi wanted 2 years ago, no shity potential chokers. We shouldn't expect a lot for Giovinco next year. Imo, he should replace Palladino as a squad player and see how it goes. As for Palladino, he should be sold as he doesn't add much to team, and certainly isn't worthy of a starting lineup.

Back to Nedved's replacement, I don't think Lampard would cut it. Sure, he's a good player, but he plays centrally meaning taking one of Zanetti/Nocerino's places instead of Nedved's, unless we opt to play with 4-3-3 with 3 central midfielders.

* Messi
    * Ribery
    * Silva
    * Robben
    * Vicente
    * Quaresma
    * Cristiano Ronaldo
    Vicente?? the guy was good like 3 years ago...Silva? Who Gilberto? Eduardo? only Quaresma is feasible in that list

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    According to La stampa, Ranieri wants to bring someone with some creativity in january to cover for Camoranesi's absence. The names mentioned include Van der Vaart and Diego
    http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/quijuve/200712articoli/12566girata.asp

Wouldn't it be simpler though, to just bring back Giovinco?

Nocerino Zanetti Nedved
    _______Giovinco
    ___Iaquinta Trezeguet

Looks good to me, in Camo's absence.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    Ranieri said that he isnt planning to recall Gio on January, as he wants him to get more playing time (something he won't get at Juve atm)!
    So if we can get one of VDV or Diego in Jan, that'd be awsome...they'll have time as well to gel (for next year)...
    But i don't see Hamburg or Bremen letting their stars leaving midseason...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)