Does size matter? (2 Viewers)

ashwin

Jul 19, 2005
well think of it this way, smaller ppl usually can accelerate much better, makes em ideal for being put in the box to loop around the defenders and score. i really refuse to accept that size matters, seeing as im a short arse :p

Geof

May 14, 2004
Size... yeah it can help.

Makes me think of Dutch goalkeeper Ed De Goey

I'll always remember the belgian commentator Roger Laboureur during Holland-Belgium in WC '94. He kept on saying: this guy is not a keeper! it's a tree!!!

oach, large picture!

Geof

May 14, 2004
You got to use it right.

Jan Koller is a nice example. don't try too much technique when you're 2m tall and you've got enormous feet to fall over it...
leave the dribbling to the midgets a la Maradona

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
You got to use it right.

Jan Koller is a nice example. don't try too much technique when you're 2m tall and you've got enormous feet to fall over it...
Hey, I have the same size feet as Koller: size 12 (British). It's big, but nothing to write home about.

leave the dribbling to the midgets a la Maradona
Does he count as a midget any more? Sure, he's only 5' tall, but in all three dimentions. ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As someone who is 198cm tall himself and played a match in Golden Gate Park on Wednesday against many much smaller, shiftier Latinos from da 'hood, it's all about the foul... not the dribble. :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
198? That's even taller than a mate of mine (195 as opposed to my 175). I call it scary; he calls it a minor difference of about two pinkies :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
As someone who is 198cm tall himself and played a match in Golden Gate Park on Wednesday against many much smaller, shiftier Latinos from da 'hood, it's all about the foul... not the dribble. :D
Whoa youre 1.98m? thats pretty cool
Im 1.75 and I wish I were taller

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I'm 6 feet tall and am a better dribbler than most people at my University.

Then again, I am in America.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)