Does ADP have a strong point in his game? (7 Viewers)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
I've been thinking(that's amazing rite ;)) and I really can 't think of a strong point that DP has. Apart from his leadership skills, he's nothing great in individual areas. Think about it. He's control is good, but i've seen times he's miss-control balls and there ARE players with better control then him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He's good at free kicks and pretty good at finishing IMO. He also has good crossing and passing skills, altho his dribbling is nothing special IMO, apart from the occasional rare flashes of brilliance that are too far apart. Also, IMO, his heading is good for a man his size, altho he proves that white men cant jump.

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by discobamba ] ++
I've been thinking(that's amazing rite ;)) and I really can 't think of a strong point that DP has. Apart from his leadership skills, he's nothing great in individual areas. Think about it. He's control is good, but i've seen times he's miss-control balls and there ARE players with better control then him.
His strong points:

1. Free kicks
2. Penalties
3. Not really a playmaker, but very good at making assists.
4. Ball control

His weak points:

1. Leadership: I think he's intimidated by physical defenders(Samuel, Nesta) and loses his motivation. The captain should never lose his motivation. This has a devastating effect on the team.
2. Pace: Has definitely lost more than a step or two since his injury 5 yrs ago. But has improved his dribbling since he can't blow by defenders anymore.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
He's generally good in most areas that he should be...but to be honest no aspect of his game is world class anymore except on the rare occasions when he shows us what he can do. In general his shooting, freekicks passing etc are all good, but not superb.

Still a class and very very useful guy to have in the side though!

Jul 28, 2002
crossing is sumink he is pretty good at imo, also his freekicks...

but to sum him up he is often intimidated by strong class defender like nesta, Rio etc, these means he often looks silly wiv him loosing the ball and not looking motivated, but his class is what he is. He may not always produces ,but for sum reason he ooozes class and flair, that not a othe rplay has, totti aimar etrc have a different class, but dp has a different class,hard to explain, but di canio is kinda a similarity in the class he has......................man this must sound stupid:D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Alongside Raul and probably Zz , he has the best first touch in the world so I don't what you mean by he miscontrols the ball

Instances, against Real Madrid ball in the air, first touch kills the ball dead, second touch takes out Hiero and Helguera , 3rd touch in the net and he does that time and time again
Raul is another one whose first touch is simply amazing and to be fair he is another one whom you would be scratching your head about what his qualities are but he too is pure class

I am sorry but far too many threads are negative about current players in this place and its really becoming so damned irritating

You see ppl they don't talk about matches because they don't watch buit spend most of their time blasting players who have made them boast to their friends that they support Juventus

Its time to lay off Dp and Trez , its becoming incredibly boring going over the same things in different guises over and over again

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
He can have a pretty hard shot at times, anyone remember the 30 yard screamer he scored against Inter IIRC??? :eek:
:undecide: I dunno man, the fact that you have to say 'do you remember this certain goal' to remind us that his shooting is decent doesn't really indicate a strength in a player's game. If someone was arguing that say... Nedved had a good shot, the examples would start flowing, and you wouldn't have to 'remember back to those days....' :down:

I think DP's strengths have been mentioned before. He takes good penalties, his freekicks can be good, his passing is accurate and he has good vision. People would say dribbling, but surely his lack of pace has some kind of negative effect on that part of his game :rolleyes::down:

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Alongside Raul and probably Zz , he has the best first touch in the world so I don't what you mean by he miscontrols the ball

Instances, against Real Madrid ball in the air, first touch kills the ball dead, second touch takes out Hiero and Helguera , 3rd touch in the net and he does that time and time again
Raul is another one whose first touch is simply amazing and to be fair he is another one whom you would be scratching your head about what his qualities are but he too is pure class

I am sorry but far too many threads are negative about current players in this place and its really becoming so damned irritating

You see ppl they don't talk about matches because they don't watch buit spend most of their time blasting players who have made them boast to their friends that they support Juventus

Its time to lay off Dp and Trez , its becoming incredibly boring going over the same things in different guises over and over again
woow denc u explained my class thing perfectly, both raul and Dp have class u jus cant explain!!!....Denco the savior of all DP fans out there

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
DP is also smart on the pitch unlike Joe cole for instance who dribbles past 5 players then pass the ball back to players.
A good player is the one who knows when to pass shoot dribble cross, etc....
And thats what dp does he doesnt have to dribble past everyone who comes on his way instead he can use a better option like pass the ball.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    oh really?
    i honestly think that Dp time and time again, overthinks when he gets the ball. like this:

Ok, i've got the ball, im gonna this way, but if i go this way, he's gonna tackle me and i'll fall, so should go that way and surprise him! But wait, aha, he'll probably think im gonna try that, so i'll make him THINK i'm going this way, when he go this way too, then i'll pretend to go that way, and then he'll just slide to stop me coz he's already going the other way.

by the time he's comes up with this seriously confusing shite, the defender prolly already has tooken the ball from DP and started a counter. i've seen that quite alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)