Documentary-thread (5 Viewers)

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
Very interesting documentary about Hugo Chavez.

10268758_det.jpg

"In April 2002, an Irish film crew is making a documentary about Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, when a coup from the opposition is made."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
finally watched Zidane:a 21st century portrait :touched:

i have to say i was mesmerised by it and the soundtrack by Mogwaii was very fitting,very enjoyable but one you could only watch once

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This Film Is Not Yet Rated - Interesting documentary about movie ratings & censhorship. I was already familiar with most of the stuff that was discussed, but it's still well worth watching (if the topic interests you). And some of the connections that were uncovered were intrigiung, to say the least.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
aye i recommended that a couple pages back:tongue: was an excellent documentary and genuinely touching in places

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yeah, I've seen the Vlade Drazen docu. It was great and it was fun seeing Vlade go back to Croatia :lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I just watched Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man. A take on grizzly bear activists Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard who were both brutally killed by a bear while shooting one of Treadwell's documentaries. Its really an amazing documentary, seeing how detached Treadwell was from reality. I listened to the audio of his death as well which was highly disturbing I don't recommend it. Thankfully, its not in the film.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
one of the best documentaries i have ever seen about the Islamic empire and its contribution to all fields of life from trade to medicine and architecture all the way to its collapse and reasons for its collapse after long centuries.

after watching this 3 part documentary produced by PBS i have come to a lot of conclusions, but the one that cements an idea i always had in my mind and way of thinking is, extremism has no place in any community regardless of region or faith. when minorities are feared by the larger portions of the people it only leads to a downward fall. with out extremism specially religion or ethnic extremism man can go to limitless boundaries ( if every person with in a country is given the freedom of worship and way of thinking there is no bad blood that develops between the different back grounds and ideologies) its when extremism showed up did this amazing empire collapse specially in Andalusia. a second point i learned after watching these 3 parts is an empire never lasts for eternity no matter how strong it gets it always has a slip followed by a complete collapse. starting from the ancient Egyptians, the Romans, all the way to the British empire, its bound to collapse and bring forward another regain that contributes whether positively or negatively to humanity.

def worth watching for the breath taking architecture and historical value of how this part of the world contributed to a lot of things we enjoy now a days.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
wait Bisco is that a documentary or propaganda? :lol:
:lol: nope boz it really is a documentary and it shows a lot of where we ( this part of zee world) went totally wrong. what really caught my eye was the architecture mainly i find it very classy and elegant.

i think i'm a bit too sloooooooooooow today but if its bisco will u come over again to take scotland?? dont worry if we do i will make sure u r spoiled :klin: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)