Dimitar Berbatov - ST - Manchester United (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'm just going to come out and openly say it, I'm way more excited by the prospect of signing Berbagod than Llorente. You can flame away, but he's been one of my favorite players for as long as I can remember and I'm buzzing with joy here!
I for one will not flame. The thought of signing Llorente never appealed to me. Berba is class. What has Llorente ever proven, exactly? Scoring some goals in a league that doesn't even have defenders?

And with the Bendtner rumour popping up, all I can really say about the Berbatov capture is: Thank GOD!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm just going to come out and openly say it, I'm way more excited by the prospect of signing Berbagod than Llorente. You can flame away, but he's been one of my favorite players for as long as I can remember and I'm buzzing with joy here!
Berbagod is like a million times better than Llorente.

The only reason I don't like this transfer is the lost chance for Jo-Jo. I like everything else about it.

Mirko

Aug 29, 2012
Quag -> Vucinic -> Berbatov -> ?

If you look at it like that, we are slowly but surely climbing our way to our TOP STRIKER. But even so Berbatov is perfectly capable of being a FORCE in Serie A and CL.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You realize only reason Well Beck was chosen was because he runs with ay more? Berba became best scorer in EPL while spending more then half the season in the bench. And his reward for it season after was 5 starts.
Scoring 10 goals in 2 games IIRC and disapearing the whole year, Berba is fucking lazy, so nonchalent and don't work for the team. Him and Mirko as our striker is a terrible idea especially in CL. We can win Serie A playing without a striker.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I for one will not flame. The thought of signing Llorente never appealed to me. Berba is class. What has Llorente ever proven, exactly? Scoring some goals in a league that doesn't even have defenders?

And with the Bendtner rumour popping up, all I can really say about the Berbatov capture is: Thank GOD!
Llorente is good, but not a game changer the way Berbatov is.

There you have it Tuz' we finally have a player who can flick a switch and change the game completely in our favor.

my god I hope he gets playing time vs Udine.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Easily, only reason I would even consider Llorente in this comparison is age alone and nothing but. It wouldn't be worth considering the latter if they were same age, if it was Berba around spurs days.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Although I dislike him as a player getting him for 5mln is not bad business considering Martinez, Padoin and the likes who cost us more.

What I do have a problem with, in fact I'm outraged is that after publicly speaking about our targets (Dzeko, Llorente, Cavani) we end up with Berbatov as a Top Player. This is not acceptable by any means.

Hopefully he'll be the last "top player" of Marotta / Agnelli's scale of rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)