Diego Ribas da Cunha (49 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
i wouldn't call it an unbelievable performance, but he provided the assist and was in the centre of everything, a decent first game. i hope he can keep his level consistent throughout the game in the future, seemed a bit tired in the second half, just like his teammates. can't wait to see him combining with Alex in front of him and Camoranesi behind him, gotta be the hottest thing Serie A has expierienced for ages.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Nice first half from the brazilian. He's what have we been missing for a long time. Very talented and comfotable with the ball, It would be nice to reduce the amount of joga bonito stuff he tries to do through the match.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Diegoooooooooooooooooooo he played really well, graet control great passing... I hope he continues doing great things... linked well with all teammates... I can't wait to see him with melo sissoko camo and alex... (almost forgot trezegol)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Diego really knows how to win over the crowd.

Apart from being involved in every single play, there were 2 moments where he ran his ass off to keep the ball in and prevent a Chievo throw-in, and both times the crowd voiced their appreciation loudly :cool:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The commentator brought this up as well, he said that probably the training in Italy is very much different than in Germany because he looks lighter and fitter.
Italian coaches are known for making players run until they fall over. Zidane in particular has said a couple of times that the precampionato with Juventus was horrible :D.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Decent performance by Diego but wouldn't go overboard in calling it excellent. He had a few nice dribbling moves and assisted the only goal. A 7.5 from me.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Decent performance by Diego but wouldn't go overboard in calling it excellent. He had a few nice dribbling moves and assisted the only goal. A 7.5 from me.
He's so good at delivering the ball to the box and with players like Amauri and Iaquinta waiting like rabid dogs, it's just what you need.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
The truely excellent stuff will happen when he links up with Camo, Melo and ofcourse Del Piero. Why can't it be Sunday right now?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
He's so good at delivering the ball to the box and with players like Amauri and Iaquinta waiting like rabid dogs, it's just what you need.
Not to forget that he's a real impact power midfielder that will get into double figures,something this team needed real bad & that will make the difference in winning the league.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

More than decent I'd say, especially for a debut, but not as brilliant as some say. Though I hardly blame him for it, the whole midfield and attack went down in the second half and took Diego with him. But he was full of ideas even in the second half and the only one trying something, but the attackers were not following him enough. When he gels with the attack, things could get fiery. I just fear how we will fare when he gets injured.

But the biggest plus I'd give him, is heart. I don't know was it the atmosphere and the fans that kept chanting him, but his work rate was impecable. I like to see that in a fantasista. If not for Canna, he'd probably be my MOM.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Diego really knows how to win over the crowd.

Apart from being involved in every single play, there were 2 moments where he ran his ass off to keep the ball in and prevent a Chievo throw-in, and both times the crowd voiced their appreciation loudly :cool:
That's what I like about him. The type of player that returns back to either get the ball/kill his opponents counter attack.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
In that match last night, I remember this scene where he was basically playing RB after someone lost the ball and Chievo counter-attacked. :touched:
Grygera came running/jogging back from midfield...

Guy's a monster in our midfield, with great vision, great positioning and a superb touch. We just need the likes of Melo, Momo behind him to form more of a wall so he gets more freedom. Then having Camo beside him pretty much, DP upfront... :drool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)