yes we don't have class LB, but we can have same thing like that:

-------------------------------Molinaro
-----------Poulsen--------------------
-----------------Sissoko-------------
----Camo----------Diego--------
---------------Dp--------------------
-------Trez----------------------

i know it's dream but, what the fuck :D
it's nearly an insult trying to compare r.carlos with molinaro!
The formation you posted will not work! Diego is an AM, plays upfront and does NOT defend. AT ALL! So sissoko would have to move very far up to deliver balls to diego. If you REALLY want to squeeze diego in that formation, well then we need to get a LM, and put diego where you put DP. Take out the capitano... sounds not so great, eh?
How can you compare Diego to Zidane? Zidane was a player who dominated every opponent. He could hold the ball at every moment, and make that inch-perfect pass every time. Zidane was no Diego; have you actually seen diego? He has a good shot, delivers good assists and has a good view, but he's NOT a zidane, who created space, invented gameplays and took initiatives.

In short words; with the defense we have, i think it's not time for experiments, because we'll look awful running into counter-attacks... IF we buy a midfielder, i want a CM, who can play just in front of sissoko and poulsen, and who can deliver passes to our attacking wings. Our wings are working so well. Camo and Neddy do their job for years now, and we have Giovinco coming up. Why would you want to throw away that? You know what they say; never change a working system. Well our system IS working.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i
The formation you posted will not work! Diego is an AM, plays upfront and does NOT defend. AT ALL! So sissoko would have to move very far up to deliver balls to diego. If you REALLY want to squeeze diego in that formation, well then we need to get a LM, and put diego where you put DP. Take out the capitano... sounds not so great, eh?
Not really. Diego comes back for the ball for Bremen and Brazil, as the former doesn't really have a player who can pass the ball neatly through midfield a little deeper.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
You are completely wrong about Diego, Vimo.
I'm not! I'm following the bundesliga, saw at least half of all his games last season for werder. i must admit that i didn't see him at the olympics, but nevertheless, i think i'm able to judge what type of player diego is. And he's good, i keep repeating myself, he's outstandingly good. But in this team, at the current situation, he would be pretty much useless! I'm saying this without any doubts, he might do some assists, he might even score a few goals here and there, but he could NEVER show his true skills with the formation we're currently playing! If we are planning to keep playing Giovinco/Neddy and Camo on the wings, diego is not the type of player we should buy!

I'm not saying i wouldn't want diego, i said it already, i rate him very high, but i believe that a more defending midfielder (not a DM, a CM, like Zanetti, Pirlo, Aquilani and the likes) would add more to this current squad! Now i'm convinced of this, and we probably will never know, because another thing i'm truly convinced of is that he won't join us, at least not this season!!!

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
wait and see....

4-3-1-2

...Camo......Momo.....Poulsen
................Diego/Gio

suggested by forza del piero 10 aka Christina
except for the fact, that giovinco, in that formation, will never become a starter (giovinco is 21, diego 23), do you really want to play poulsen on the wing? and Momo to distribute the ball... try again mate.

as far as i'm concerned, i prefer a symetrical formation with 2 attacking wingers; i'd even opt for the possibility of a lone striker with giovinco and camo attacking winger-mids...

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
except for the fact, that giovinco, in that formation, will never become a starter (giovinco is 21, diego 23), do you really want to play poulsen on the wing? and Momo to distribute the ball... try again mate.
its says:suggested by cristina...lol
i dont want poulsen on the wing
its more like 3 MCs and one AMC

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
its says:suggested by cristina...lol
i dont want poulsen on the wing
its more like 3 MCs and one AMC
alright, but still. There HAS to be one on the wing. Even if momo and sissoko play CM, if you put him out there, in a line of 3 mids, he HAS to play the wing-position, and he won't do the things he would do in his natural position

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
alright, but still. There HAS to be one on the wing. Even if momo and sissoko play CM, if you put him out there, in a line of 3 mids, he HAS to play the wing-position, and he won't do the things he would do in his natural position
ok ok
i still prefer 4-4-2

but think about milan,the dont have wingers or even italian NT.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
but think about milan,the dont have wingers or even italian NT.
But we have Camoranesi and Nedved, so midfield with wide midfielders is determined by them and this situation is far better than benching one or two of them, chasing an over-30-million AMC and changing tactics. Without them, Ranieri probably would have used 4-3-3 more often (he was talking about the possible trindent when asked about formation after becoming our coach).

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
But we have Camoranesi and Nedved, so midfield with wide midfielders is determined by them and this situation is far better than benching one or two of them, chasing an over-30-million AMC and changing tactics. Without them, Ranieri probably would have used 4-3-3 more often (he was talking about the possible trindent when asked about formation after becoming our coach).
i agree
but Camo can play in the center and Neddys natural is behind the strikers as AMC

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Well, he used to be AMC, but after playing on a wing position for years, I don't think we shuold turn him back into middle. Especially at his age now;) Camo is very good as a CM, but I miss his crosses when he's playing there. Both of them can cut into the middle from the wing, so playing them in the same time it's more or less an equivalent of a trequartista in my opinion - effective for the team, however less attractive to watch.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
nope man
when someone is getting older he should be removed in the center, for example Maldini.So maybe hes more suitable for AMC rather than AML...but its ranieri who decides
Agree 100%

Neddy is better behind the strickers. Camo was an AMC in Verona with Mutu in front and as an AMC we bought him. Marchionni was an AMC in Parma...

We have the players needed...

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Agree 100%

Neddy is better behind the strickers. Camo was an AMC in Verona with Mutu in front and as an AMC we bought him. Marchionni was an AMC in Parma...

We have the players needed...
neddy behind the strikers, camo as CM, can i ask a simple question: WHY? I agree 100% with ravaneVialli. Why would you invest 30 or more millions into a player and risk every consistency we had up until now? I don't get it. Camo may be quite good at CM, but you have to see that then, the only crosses coming from the right side are grygera's... no thanks. Neddy in the center? I don't even see what that's got to do with diego.

WHY do people want to revolutionize everything? We're playing with attacking wingers for years, under every coach, we had camo and neddy as attacking mids. Don't you think there was a reason for that? Everyone wants diego to be our kaka, but that's not that easy, imagine kaka without seedorf and without pirlo as alternative ball distributors and support for the brazilian...
If we would play that 'diego-centric' formation, where everything adapts to one single player, guess what, we'll play some catania-like team who'll just put 2 of their mids onto the guy, and they'll have neutralized all of our 'creativity'.

I don't consider myself a big pro when it comes to tactics, but everyone with a little sense of logic must see that it's not that easy to 'improve' a squad. Otherwise, every team would play with a trequartista, and just look around in modern football. There are only very few, and even fewer successful teams, which actually play the trequartista. there MUST be a reason!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You guys can't be afraid to change our formations and mix things up. I'd love diego to be in our team. We would have loads of creativity this season with neddy, gio, and camo already and add diego to that equation...

We have excellent squad depth when injury free and can always make changes accordingly (game specific). I'd love to play more attacking football instead of always feeling like we can only go down the flanks.

All I can say is do not be afraid to change things up, we are loaded with experienced professionals who know and have been tested well to play in multiple positions. Start doing the same with our youth as well and we would have one hell of a rotational system in terms of fielding various formations(not for resting players). Diego would be an incredible acquisition but let's get rid of tiago please....

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
neddy behind the strikers, camo as CM, can i ask a simple question: WHY? I agree 100% with ravaneVialli. Why would you invest 30 or more millions into a player and risk every consistency we had up until now? I don't get it. Camo may be quite good at CM, but you have to see that then, the only crosses coming from the right side are grygera's... no thanks. Neddy in the center? I don't even see what that's got to do with diego.

WHY do people want to revolutionize everything? We're playing with attacking wingers for years, under every coach, we had camo and neddy as attacking mids. Don't you think there was a reason for that? Everyone wants diego to be our kaka, but that's not that easy, imagine kaka without seedorf and without pirlo as alternative ball distributors and support for the brazilian...
If we would play that 'diego-centric' formation, where everything adapts to one single player, guess what, we'll play some catania-like team who'll just put 2 of their mids onto the guy, and they'll have neutralized all of our 'creativity'.

I don't consider myself a big pro when it comes to tactics, but everyone with a little sense of logic must see that it's not that easy to 'improve' a squad. Otherwise, every team would play with a trequartista, and just look around in modern football. There are only very few, and even fewer successful teams, which actually play the trequartista. there MUST be a reason!
actually with what i ve seen today we can use 4-4-1-1 with neddy on the left camo on the right and Diego (or even Gio i dont mind) behind the main ST

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
nope man
when someone is getting older he should be removed in the center, for example Maldini.So maybe hes more suitable for AMC rather than AML...but its ranieri who decides
I meant it's Neddy's last season probalby, so such a change isn't perspective at all and in my opinion isn't really necessary, since he does his job perfectly on the wing, without a lack of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)